New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help and possible part needed?  (Read 3518 times)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help and possible part needed?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:42 AM »
In theory yes I have not tried the whole board. I know folks have taken parts (like that daughter board) and used them successfully.  Make sure you get one that has a bios chip socket so it can be changed out to the IGT bios chip as I'm not sure how to flash the soldered in type.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Samm329

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Samm329 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 07:48:15 AM »
I have never seen the display work with the monitor that is there, all video for me has been external. First time he fired it up it went all white but was beeping bad ram so easy fix, now it is always “off” or black as there is too much ambient light for me to properly diagnose if it’s on black... one time since I picked it up about a week ago I saw the screen all white, and that was after about 4/5 hours of it just sitting there on.

So I am leaning towards bad power bad invertor bad screen? I will research boards today and see if that helps, but everything looks in place so it’s a head scratcher. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome!

My next move is to clone an image of the drive before I power it on again, just to have a save point sort to say, as the hard drive passed diagnostic runs, but also came up with the message “too many bad sectors to repair” on another program.

Qbert, as for the was the screen looks to send it in high quality I will be emailing you the image shortly.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 07:55:58 AM »
Make sure the top box power supply is good. I had turned on a machine, had a constant beep beep beep , screen would not lite, turned out to be the power supply behind the top box.

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 08:04:02 AM »
Ugh my message never posted I need to go to my computer to retype it again, but short and sweet I’ve never seen the internal monitor come on

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
So I pulled the power supply, looked at it, by visual inspection it is ok, I can probably hook a computer power supply up to it in a little while and see if that helps it any. I took the video board off, cleaned it, as well as all the connections, the jumper had some build up on it so I cleaned it as well, put it all back together and still have the same, no display.

I will hook up a power supply tester once my business partner gets in today, as he is the one who typically does the pc repairs, and I focus on the apple stuff, so in turn I don't know where he keeps it, lol.

Still at this point, I believe it is something to do with a broken display, and something to do with bad power to it.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
Your wasting your time if the computer board and the HD are  working the power supply is good.
Thanks for your update I did not realize the screen never worked. The high voltage board is suspect. It is located way on the edge wall looking all the way back on the opposite end where the top box opens.
What is your time worth, I'd be looking for a replacement top box and now you would have lots of extra spares.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
Here is a link for making a power supply from an old ATX computer power supply.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1272.0

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »
The search is on for a new top box! I already messaged haywire just waiting to hear back. Time to get known working parts before this project can really go any further.

:)

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »
So I get a new monitor go to hook it up and break it. Projects on hold now...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
Let me take a guess.
Cooked the harness to the hardrive. Easy to do.
Rich

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
My guess... you dropped it on the bench and cracked the screen?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 10:02:56 AM »
I actually was going expert level, bought a screen on eBay that I could take apart and rebuild. And after spending a few hours getting it all set up, I broke one of the fluorescent bulbs I had made... so that was done.

Really I am in need of that little sub video board in my unit. I have deducted it down to that board as my backlights will work, but my display will not. So if it not that board the point of failure is on the motherboard...

Does anyone have that little yellow sub board for video laying around that they could sell me?

I reassembled the unit completely to its original state, but still need to hook an external monitor to it to calibrate the touch and then for the bonus round.

Thanks!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »
Check this board on fleaBay he also has this board without the bios socket for about 5 bucks cheaper that has the LCD driver board. But if I were you I would replace the whole motherboard and switch over the CPU/fan and the memory.
He ships super fast I had one in two days.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=21008.0

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:40 AM »
New board is eta for tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2018, 09:54:05 AM »
So I got the new board today. It was brand new not even used!

I went with replacing just the sub board first as it seemed to be a root of my problems, and voila the machine is up and running again! So I have a brand new motherboard if anyone ever needs.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »
Nice work, glad it's up and running.
Rich

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
Thanks for your help qbert!

I do have the image of the machine working so if you ever need the hard drive image I have it

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal