New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizziling 7s Sound Problems  (Read 2210 times)

Offline gvt1911

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gvt1911 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizziling 7s Sound Problems
« on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
Have had this machine for a few years now and cannot figure out what is going on with the sound. First machine will play fine and sound is good, then I would get a loud static hiss noise for a about 10 -30 seconds. It would go away and sound fine in all 3 speakers. Well, one day the machine died and I had to replace motherboard. Got it from reliable source here and it was very clean with new battery. Varta battery removed, etc. Did clear chip thing and all was good for a year or so. Sound started up again (hiss noise) but was only about 5 seconds now. I changed out audio amp on top of machine with known good one and same thing. I purchased new simm card for machine and same thing. Now I have top left speaker with constant hiss sound and still have that loud static hiss noise come and go. Also when I hit the reel nudge and the #3 reel moves into postion for win, it does not make that "solenoid" click sound as the other 2 reels. I assume since I replaced about everything, there must be some other board that the sound goes thru. ALL speakers tested good. Any ideas???  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizziling 7s Sound Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »
Did you replace the Multimedia Lite 2 (MML2) sound daughter board?  It sits on top of the MPU and the sound simm plugs into it.  There's some caps on them that go bad and will cause some loud pops, static, etc.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
No , Should I seek out another board or should I recap the old board?  I rebuild audio boards in amps, so it should not be a problem... I thought it might have been a bad cap somewhere.  :thank_you:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 05:52:03 PM »
See the attached photo and schematics.  It's usually one of these four.  C57 & C59 can be removed.   They are used for the aux audio input which is unused, but will still cause noise problems if one is bad.  If that doesn't resolve it replace C33 or C34.  I think C59 and C33 are for the left channel and C57 and C34 are the right (but don't hold me to that).

Normally only one cap will be bad, but I always remove C57 & 59 first since they're optional.  If that doesn't resolve it, I use one of those caps to replace C33 or C34.  Probably should replace them with new, but it will get you up and going if you don't have any on hand.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »
Thank you...I will give it a go when I have time... :yes:

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 02:07:44 PM »
OK, I removed the caps as directed and got the sound back !!!!!! I did not have to swap out any caps, just removed C57 & C59...Everything seems to work OK, but I still have a HUMMM coming out of the top left speaker along with the sound...??? Is there any way to find out what the value is of these caps ? What gets me is that I replaced that board from a known dealer in 2015 and the label on the board stated it passed and is OK...??? Any way I thank you !!! :hail:
Now to find new ones to replace the other 2...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:16:33 PM »
They're 1uf 50v caps.  Some humm and hiss is normal if you have a 500/1/2 MPU board.  It's usually more pronounced with backlit reels too.  IGT made some design changes in the 504 Rev B boards that corrected the problem, so if you have one of those then you shouldn't have background humm and hiss.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 05:28:52 AM »
I will check to see what board is in the unit and I will order the caps and replace for piece of mind...Thank you again for your help !!! :thank_you:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:05:13 AM »
It's probably a 502 rev A board they seem to be the most popular.  There's a mod some have done to help with the humming noise on those.  Putting a 1/2W resistor in series with the two top speakers will help reduce it.  If it's still too much for your liking you'll have to find a 504 rev b MPU board then.

Here's a link to one discussion about the resistors, there's more. Just search for resistor speakers and you'll get a bunch of returns.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4374.msg23053#msg23053

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »
I believe I have the 504 Rev B board.  :Scratch-Head:  I have full sound now out of the left top speaker where I only had noise and hiss before, so I am ahead of the game... I still have some background hiss out of the left top speaker, right top speaker is clean with no noise as is the bottom speaker. I am having a hard time finding these caps...I assume they are ceramic 1mfd / 50V but cannot find the correct "size" to fit the board. I found smaller ones. Would have to do some "creative" soldering. Should I also change out the 1K mfd /35V electrolytic cap also? Since I am so close to perfect. :Crazy: Here are some pics...

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 12:12:25 PM »
One quick idea, you can pick up a complete board on Ebay or the vendors here pretty cheaply.

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »
Yes, If all else fails I will go there...
Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »
Try Digikey or Mouser for the correct size ceramic capacitor.  I've never had to replace the 1000uf except for ones with broken leads. 

I haven't ever seen a board labeled like that.

This is what I'm used to seeing. 

Offline gvt1911

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »
Ok,
More good news...I found my ORIGINAL MML2 board, removed caps C57 and C59, tested the 1000mfd cap ( GOOD) and put back into machine and it sounds fine...I still have a slight humm in the top left speaker, but now I can live with it...I need to lower the volume as now it is just a bit too loud... Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :hail:

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 02:20:50 PM »
I need to lower the volume as now it is just a bit too loud...
I had a spare light dimmer slider switch.
I attached it to the yellow wire on the tray speaker! Lol
Works great!  :rotfl:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »
I believe I have the 504 Rev B board.  :Scratch-Head:  I have full sound now out of the left top speaker where I only had noise and hiss before, so I am ahead of the game... I still have some background hiss out of the left top speaker, right top speaker is clean with no noise as is the bottom speaker. I am having a hard time finding these caps...I assume they are ceramic 1mfd / 50V but cannot find the correct "size" to fit the board. I found smaller ones. Would have to do some "creative" soldering.

I found these on mouser

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KEMET/C2220C105K5RACAUTO?qs=sSYV1F9c5cHrUbq0EfL5XQ%3D%3D

They seem to be just the right size to replace the old ceramic caps.
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal