New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Triple Double Stars hidden problem  (Read 1964 times)

Offline yenova6967bb

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • yenova6967bb New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Triple Double Stars hidden problem
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »
I have an IGT S2000 Triple Double Stars that is only showing a "no disp" in the winner coin in window. Have tried running a clear and key chip on it but no help,not even a error  code or netplex down. Sent the cpu board, display bar and both circuit boards that look like little suitcases in to be tested.All came back testing good except the cpu board, supposably it was repaired. Installed all back in and still dead in the water. All that comes on when I turn on the machine is the blinking "NO Display". Bought a new mother board and installed and nothing changed. Re did a clear chip and key chip as a last resort and nothing. When you turn the machine on I have no netplex testing no bill validator light,only the cpu board has lights when turned on  and the top two lights go out and the bottom lights remain on. Hopefully somebody out there has experienced this similar problem and can help with a fix .

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Triple Double Stars hidden problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:
There's a couple of different versions of the vacuum fluorescent display (VFD).  Can you take a picture of yours from the inside of the door?  You'll have to resize it to get it under 1MB in order to upload it.   I think you're referring to the I/O boards when you refer to little suitcase boards?  Take a picture of those too. 

Which LED stays on on the MPU board?  Hopefully not the red one.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »
No disp is a fault in the netplex circuit. Try disconnecting the printer, bill validator & the VFD one at a time until the error goes away. If it has the older style VFD that uses the controller board on the inner door panel disconnect it at the board. Newer style connects directly at the VFD itself. Power off before connecting or disconnecting devices. One of those devices is either bad or the wrong protocol such as attempting to use a RS232 device in a netplex system.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 11:46:05 AM »
Disconnected the wires from the bill validator and the "no display" went away.Netplex came on and went through its' test and alarm came on so I turned the reset key ,alarm shut off and I turned the reset key again an a message "DATA ID MISMATCH ERROR -Ox2 " appeared. I did a clear chip 97 and key 17 on the machine and started back up and got a  "GAME EPROM CRC MISMATCH -OxB000001" appeared. Redid the clear and key chip and the machine came on and appeared to be up and running and again  a message appeared "MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" CALL ATTENDANT came up. I'm making progress but someone help me get rid of the evil spirits haunting my machine

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 01:11:28 PM »
That's all normal. You need to key chip it. Select upright in machine type assuming that is what you have.

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »
How do I get the option to choose machine type ?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »
Where and how do I get there?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
I did the clear chip 97 and put my bases chip back in and the machine went back to "Machine Mismatch,call attendant and closure M " I turned the reset key and it went to accounting I scrolled down and could never bring up key configuration  .I tried again and came up with Key access failure at one point. Never could get to the 7.1 in machine configuration . Mine is an upright. Maybe the clear chip is bad , I have 2 and tried them both.Same results

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »
When you get to machine type mismatch is when you shut down, use key17, boot up, get 2 amber lites, shut down and put base back in. Boot up, it will boot into keychip menu 7.  Now you can set all your settings.

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 01:34:57 PM »
Got into Key Configuring, the problem now is when I get to machine type it wont let me enter upright, the spin reels button is for entering and it won't let me do it. Also can't enter coin denomination or WAM-IP   which I believe is the bill validator. Have clear and key chipped several times but it all leads back to an entering problem. Also what is TITO ? is that short for token in and token out cuz I haven't the slightest clue. Every time I start over I get a RAM ERROR, EEPROM Errorand closure M. I believe that all has to do with trying to get the machine settings correct.Anybody with a correct fix on this would sure help, I'm getting there slowing like baby steps but those damn building blocks keep getting in my way. HELP :hissyfit:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
TITO is ticket in ticket out. Doubt you have a TITO unit. Lets start by giving us a rundown of what software is on the MPU & also which type of MPU. You can post a picture if unsure. If it's asking you to select WAMM or IPC you probably have SG000312 or 362 chips. I'm not sure the KEY00017 will allow you to choose that but the other options should not be a problem if you are properly following the procedure. A KEY00045 definitely allows it. Something tells me you are skipping a step or closing the door when it should be left open after using the key chip & replacing the base chip.

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:07 AM »
Ok now that TITO was explained ,I do not have a ticket dispenser on this machine. I ran key chip 17 and put the base chip back in started the machine with the door open and Key configuration was displayed, I pushed the spin reels button for enter and 7.1 Key config menu displayed, pushed enter and 7.1.1 displayed Denomination so I pushed enter and  and set my coin for .25 cents and pushed enter and nothing ,can't move forward can only move back with the max bet button. If I go back to Denomination and push the change button if gives me Options which are 7.3 Progressive- 7.2 Key chip config II -push enter and you get 7.2.1 Validation - 7.2.7  7 segment display type 7.2.5- coinless mode - 7.2.4 Handpay - 7.2.3 voucher - and 7.2.2 printer. Keep in mind door is open through this process. Can't understand why I can't enter my denomination and move forward to find my machine type and enter that and finish up with the Key config.   :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
Buttons are left to right change=up, cash out=down, spin reels=enter, play max=back or exit. You need to use cash out to progress down the menu.

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 01:12:01 PM »
I got that, but when I get to denomination and put in .25 cents I notice the lights go out on the buttons so I have no power to enter. But when I go back and touch the max bet it will work and send me back to denomination again just can't proceed any further
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:56:02 PM by yenova6967bb »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »
You don't have an "Enter" button on your deck.

Once you back out of Key Config with the Max bet button too far, you cannot get back to enter anything until you keychip it again.

That's why your button lights go out.

At this point, only the Max bet button may be lit to get back into game mode.

Only back out of the pages with the Max bet button back to the Config page, then use Cashout button to switch the pages to other options...again, use the Bet button to "enter" a page or sub-menu.

Once an option in a sub-menu is set to what you want, back out of that particular sub-menu with the Max bet button only up to Config screen page and switch page (if you want) with the Cashout button.

Using the Change or Service button only confuses you which way you're going because it's like flipping pages in a book backwards.

What SG chips are installed?  SG000362 GME1 & GME2 ?  :scratch-head_3:

Also, make sure you have zero credits on the display.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:07:32 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline yenova6967bb

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 07:24:42 AM »
When I said "enter" it was "set" my options. My game 1 and game 2 # is sg0000312. Only buttons on my machine that I can utilize when in "Key Config" are the change button ,cash button, spin reels and play 3 credits. My Bet one credit button does nothing. As I have stated before when I get to coin denomination and use the change button to input .25 cents as my value I can not set it, all the button lights go out after I push the spin reels button to try to set the value display because my bet one credit button does nothing (doesn't even lite up). As you stated the bet button sets your options,mine is dead in the water so I'm wondering if my game software is damaged although when I sent my board in tested with my game chips and stepper base chip in the board  to be tested it was repaired and was told after repairs made to board it bench tested good. :banghead:

Offline clading

• Reputation Power: 5
  • clading New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »
Sounds to me like you cleared the machine and then put in the key chip to get into the Config menu. If that's the case, I believe you can only change the machine denomination after a clear and before putting the key chip in. I think you can get to the config menu with the clear chip in place. Isn't that the only way to change (or initially set up) the machine denomination?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 08:00:47 AM »
The only thing I can think of is to get rid of the SG312's and pick up a pair of SG363's...NOT SG362's.

The SG312's and SG362's ask for WAMMM/IPC and are problematic I find, for home use.

I have a pair of SG362's( that ask for the WAMM input) I can throw in my test machine.

I will try to enact your problem and see if I can find a solution for ya this morning to get past the non-working deck buttons.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal