New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pink Panther 3R,1L,3C something's screwed up.  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Pink Panther 3R,1L,3C something's screwed up.
« on: December 24, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
 :EmoticonHelp4: This has happened to me before...but I don't remember how to fix it!  :duh:

This is a known good LCD and Vision cabinet ( It housed 3R,3L,5C Pink Panther Bucks SB338, SG248's, BGM102)

Trying to get the LCD computer to play BGM109 for a 3R,1L,3C Pink Panther.

Chips onboard known good MPU are: SB350 (CS437E), SG248's(CS19E9 & CS3933), and VS011GX0(CS30A8)

Plus I have a little over 48kb Extended RAM in the LCD MPU.

I made a little video, link below....>>>

https://youtu.be/jTSLAIXfpx4

Photo below as well of the topbox glass...Click to enlarge if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 02:16:54 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pink Panther 3R,1L,3C something's screwed up.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 02:04:37 PM »
It's been a long time for me doing Vision games but I recall the Panther series had quirky requirements for different games.  That Game is Pick A Panther as I recall. I looked up the PSR for SG248 and it does not list Pick A Panther.  Sg380 does, so try it with SG380 and a 11GX1 multi denom chip.

Oh, PSR also says 11GX0 single denom so should be ok with what you have
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »
okay ...Believe me, this one is a quirk...
I tried a few different ones but not the SG380's.
I also have a VS011GX1 to put in too.

Also went crazy and bought a few different Pink Panther strips because no where near me on earth, is a good list of what goes on the reels for this particular set-up.
I'll give your sggestions a go when I get back here Thursday before I kick this thing down the stairs  :rotfl:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »
You might try it with a NJ chip if you have one, these games were mostly in Jersey, or at least I would find banks of them in Bally's.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
The New Jersey chips takes 9 minutes to boot every time. Does your card have ATA 1.00.65? 248's like 9gxo. I would go with the 380's with the 11gx on it
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 04:57:38 PM »
You are showing the Panther Bucks glass again

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 05:34:13 PM »
The New Jersey chips takes 9 minutes to boot every time. Does your card have ATA 1.00.65? 248's like 9gxo. I would go with the 380's with the 11gx on it
Okay...good...I've heard they're slowpokes.
I do have the ATA10065 files in the BGM cards.
I don't know if they're missing anything.
I'll look Thursday and do some comparisons between the different BGM's I have.
For the SG380's, I only had time to get GME1 in my GX-4X, I'll do GME2 Thursday.
You are showing the Panther Bucks glass again
Yes, but this one uses 3 credits max?

I have another one that uses 2 coins max bet on one line I mistakenly posted a few weeks ago.

Yet another Pink Panther Bucks I have uses 5 lines & coins.
The attract mode, when the machine is idle, is pretty good.

I do like the 5-Line Panther Bucks the most, but I want to see how this 3C, 1-Line game's like
and see maybe if the topbox graphics are any different?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 02:48:47 PM »
Okay...tried everything with the SB350.
I cannot get it to work.

However, on the bright side, I did get the SB332 to work with the BGM109, a pair of SG380's, and the VS011GX1.
It turns out to be a 3C, 1L Pink Slip game.

The Pink Slip Bonus round has a slide where Inspector Clouseau tries to catch him.
The Attract mode plays the exact same scenes as the 5L Panther Bucks game.

I need a set of strips that have the cherries on each of the 3 strips if possible.
Strips with the number: 846-297-00 don't match up with the award payouts.
PM me if you wish. Thanks!

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 04:10:24 PM »
Pink Slip is like Fox n Hounds, Panther Bucks is like Top Dollar

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
Found info saying sb350 needs sg380's and VS011NX4

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »
Pink Slip is like Fox n Hounds, Panther Bucks is like Top Dollar
That's a perfect analogy RE!! :yes:
Wow SCM...JUST that jurisdiction Version chip ONLY? No others allowed? I have like 6-8 different kinds but not that one! lol

No wonder I'm getting the "Components Missing " errors  :banghead: :duh:

BTW  For everyone's information that fools around with Visions, if that MS Windows booting up sequence during "MS:Verify" with "SIG:" and 3-5 rows of periods and dots comes out and "DIG:"and more periods comes up on the screen, you KNOW it won't get past the errors or initialize the BGM card to get to the "App:Start" part of the boot.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:21:43 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 05:49:44 AM »
If you use a New Jersey version chip, it will go to that sequence for 7 to 9 minutes every time you turn it on. But, will boot.

the rockin elvis

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2019, 09:06:46 AM »
Like I said only seen them in NJ,  I have VS011NX5 which is Multi Denom if you want to try it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »
I have it now...along with 9 other different Versions!  :cool_thumb_up: Thanks anyways Idesign!
PSR shows they used ST M27C1001's. I like comparing CRC's as well.
But I need to find a cross-reference to the M27C1001-10B1...looking around for that. Gotta go shopping.

Just for the hell of it, I threw in a VS011GX1(OKL) in one machine and a VSO09GX0(Cruise) in another machine and powered them up at the same moment.

The VS009GX0 won out big time by over 40 seconds.
So to verify, I swapped the Versions between MPU's and the VS009GX0 won again hands down!  :hail:

I know...it's NOT the double-row of info on the VFD display, but it's still cool to see a booting-up race with old MS-DOS computers...  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:23:03 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal