New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can't find the posting I need.  (Read 764 times)

Offline Keats

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Keats New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Can't find the posting I need.
« on: May 07, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »
7 May 20Probably a dumb question but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I want to be able to access the "Set Up" screen so that I can change the Jack Pot amount for a specific game. I have credits in the machine now and I think that it's can't be accessed unless all credits are gone.

I recall seeing a menu page that had available buttons for Set Up and the W2G as well as a calculator that allowed you to change payout amounts for a game.

When I bought this machine, it had been set up to pay out 50,000 credits if you hit 4 of a kind while playing Deuces Wild for 1 cent. If you caught that hand, the payout would be added to the credits. It did require turning the key and holding it for 3 seconds.

I changed the PROM from the 044 to a GKBDev39 because I was getting trouble with sum checks (DSA and SHA).
I doubt that the payout I had changed with the swap out of this PROM.

So, do I need to cash out so I have no credits in the machine to get back to the set up menu? I tried to hold the reset button while starting up but that does not bring up "Set Up". I tried turning the key without a bet being placed and I can get a different menu but again, not the set up menu I need. I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this forum but for the life of me, I can't find it. now.

Anyone have an idea of how I c an get to the set up calculator again?

Thanks,KeatsPhoenix :Scratch-Head:

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Can't find the posting I need.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure you need to get the credits to zero before you can change any settings on any of the IGT machines.
With zero credits, turn the machine off, press and hold the MPU self test button, then turn the machine on and you should see the menu on the screen for the keychip settings.

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »
Thanks,I'll try that. I recall seeing the "Set Up" button on the screen once before so I've just got to get back to that.
It does not show now, but I've got credits in the machine and I'm guessing that it's blocked at this time.
If I can get back to Settings, then hopefully I'll be able to adjust the jackpot pay out for the game I have in mind.

Appreciate your imput..
KeatsPhoenix

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:07:04 AM »
The jackpot setting is universal, it is not on a game by game basis.  It is setup under the limits option.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »
O.K.When I first got this machine, it was set up to add 50,000 credits to the credit meter if you played Deuces Wild at the 1 cent bet and caught 4 of a kind. The pay table actually showed the 50,000 pay out for that hit.

If you caught the 4 of a kind, you had to insert the key and turn and hold it for 3 seconds and it would add the credits to the credit meter.
This was the only game that did that.

As a home rec room machine, we don't want to put any cash into it. It's just for fun and guests love playing for free.

I can't remember how I got to the screen that had a button on it for "Set Up". It does not show that now. I'm thinking that this is because I have credits built up in the credit meter.
I do remember one of the screens showing a calculator that allowed you to set limits for the games. I can't get to that screen now.
I think it had something to do with turning the key while you started the machine. I'm just not sure.

On a side note; I've been getting some good information from this forum and I'd like to contribute $ to it.  How do I do that?

Thanks,KeatsPhoenix..

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
Ah, ok, your machine had a progressive setup for that particular game.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
As a home rec room machine, we don't want to put any cash into it. It's just for fun and guests love playing for free.

Pick up a Bettor TITO board.  That will let you add credits at will from your cell phone.  If you have a printer it will also let your guests print reusable tickets to "cash out" their individual winnings to play again later.   
On a side note; I've been getting some good information from this forum and I'd like to contribute $ to it.  How do I do that?

Click the "Add Subscription" button in the navigation window above the topic(s).  The contribution option is there.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
To make any changes you need to make sure you have zero credits.  Also not entirely sure if you can change limits or you need to key machine.  In any case, if you open door, and push the white button that is on the mpu, it should take you to the setup screen.

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 10:20:44 AM »
Thank you.I'll dump the credits today and try this. I'll post the results later.

Thanks again,
KeatsPhoenix

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 10:23:10 AM »
Sunday A.M.I deleted all the credits and was able to open the menu I wanted. It allowed some changes to the settings.
I went to reset the payout for the Deuces Wild poker game to have a payout of 50,000 credits but it would not allow it.

I kept getting a message at the bottom that read I needed a different chip to complete this change.

I had a 044 PROM that was causing the game to not start up because of a check sum error. I replaced it with a DEV039 PROM that I got from RB. It now starts right up but won't allow changes.

So, I. can either re-install the 044 PROM and hope it works and get the 50,000 credit payout or leave the 039 PROM in and live with out it.

If I were to replace the 044 PROM with a different one, (I've seen them on line) I doubt that it would have any effect on the check sum issue that I'm having. I'm a novice as far as this stuff goes. I do believe that the check sum issue is based on the main board and not the daughter board where the 044 PROM is installed. So changing out the 044 PROM would be a waste of time and $$.

I don't know if I could have the 044 PROM allow me to select the disregard of the check sum (DSH etc. ) issue. If it did, then I could re-install it and select the disregard for this and the game would run like it does now with the Dev39 PROM.

There it is. I can feed $$ thru the bill accepter and add up the credits and live with it or not.

I do appreciate all the input from everyone.

KeatsPhoenix, :thank_you:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »
When using the dev39 bootchip: To get to the keychip menu turn machine off with zero credits.  Hold in the test button and turn machine on, keep holding in the test button until you see something on the screen.  There will be options on that screen to clear ram and/or boot to keychip menu.(along with a few other options)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal