New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New owner of an IGT I-Game with Questions  (Read 1026 times)

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
New owner of an IGT I-Game with Questions
« on: May 12, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
Hello everyone, I have an IGT I-Game and I am wondering if there is a green Varta Battery that I need to remove like the s2000? Also, what else should I know to keep my machine working? Thank you
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: New owner of an IGT I-Game with Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »
Hello everyone, I have an IGT I-Game and I am wondering if there is a green Varta Battery that I need to remove like the s2000? Also, what else should I know to keep my machine working? Thank you

The answer is "maybe".  Power down the machine and pull out the MPU tray.  If there is a Green Varta Battery then you should remove it, along with one other component.  Here is a video showing the easiest way to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6oaT9XwuI

If there is no varta battery on the board then of course you don't need to remove anything.

No a lot of other maintenance to do other than occasionally dusting things out.  You'll also need to replace the coin battery on the MPU every 2-3 years -- this will necessitate reconfiguring your game so you'll need a key chip or a dev boot chip to do that if you don't have it already.

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 02:58:04 PM »
I should also add, my advice above assumes you have an 044 board (the one that uses a single flash board for the game software rather than multiple chips/simms).  Also removing the battery requires removing the flash board and they are extremely sensitive to static electricity so make sure you are well grounded and handle the board on the edges only if possible.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »
Something else to consider.  If you are running international software (let's you select currency type), you need a board with the Varta battery on it, or you will get a Telltale battery low tilt that you can't bypass.  If you are using USA software, then the varta battery is not not needed.  On most machines I've seen there's no Varta battery installed on the cpu.

Also:

044 boards can come with and without the battery.  If they have a battery and you DON"T need to run international software, you can remove the varta and the component at U24.  If you ever need to run international software, then do not remove battery and U24.  But you may want to replace the battery so you know how old it is.

3902 boards do not typically come with varta batteries, 3903 boards do.  Again it is the international software issue.  Keep the battery if you need to run international software.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your responses. I am running USA software from the looks of it since the game screen shows English.

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 07:07:39 PM »
International software defaults to english, but the real tell is if you have the ability to change currency type in the keychip menus.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »
Thank you and I will look in the ketchup menus

My latest adventure:

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 08:25:54 PM »
It'll be under Heinz... lol
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 08:33:33 PM »
HJ Heinz Co
PO Box 57
Pittsburgh, PA

Was a Jeopardy question once. Stuck in my mind ever since.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
Looool I can’t stop laughing! I meant to say “Key-chip” menus :D

I am also wondering if a IGame shuts down or sends out a warning if the MPU gets too hot?

My latest adventure:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
Looool I can’t stop laughing! I meant to say “Key-chip” menus :D

I am also wondering if a IGame shuts down or sends out a warning if the MPU gets too hot?
Make sure the little MPU fan is working and clear of dirt/dust just to the right of the mpu tray.  You will have to pull the mpu tray out (with machine off) to see the fan.  They are hard to get to to replace, so I hope it is working.  You can turn on the machine for a few with the MPU tray out of machine to see if it is spinning, but turn it off before sliding tray back in.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 12:25:32 PM »
Thank you and I do hear it spinning :) I am still wondering if an IGame sends out an error message if the MPU goes over temp?

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »
I don't believe it does, it would just reboot typically. But I've never seen mine doing it.  The cpu on these things doesn't even have a heat sink on it, it probably doesn't get hot enough to cause any issues.  As long as your fan is in good condition, you shouldn't have any heat issues.  The heat issues are more prevalent in the newer machines that drive the cpu harder, thus requiring some sort of thermal heat sink solution.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »
Thank you and that’s good to know :) I suprised how hard some newer machines work the MPU

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 05:23:07 PM »
The game complexity and just overhead of the many more functions that are now included in the newer generation machines.  All newer platforms require active cooling to the cpu.  The cpu's that are not actively cooled are typically not fast enough to handle the workload.  I suppose if manufacturers move to ARM mobile processors that we might see a day when slots become more passively cooled in certain areas thus reducing power requirements and fan noise.  Time will tell...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal