New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Williams 400 Jackpot Party Tilt Message-Need Help  (Read 1182 times)

Offline ucanwin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • ucanwin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Williams 400 Jackpot Party Tilt Message-Need Help
« on: July 04, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
Hi,
I need some help.

I have a Williams 400 Dot matrix Jackpot Party slot machine that is not working.
Currently, it is showing a ronn Sound error.
What is that? How do I correct the problem?
Thanks, for any help that might be given.

Offline Terps

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Williams 400 Jackpot Party Tilt Message-Need Help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
Hi,

That means one of the sound eproms is not working or bad. Have you removed them recently? Did they work in the machine before or is this a machine you bought? You may want to look at the jumpers and make sure they are in the right position. JP uses 8 meg sound eproms.  Let me know.

Fusco

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:14:44 AM »
Hi, and thank you for your response.
I have 3 Williams machines. Two are Dot Matrix, and the other is not.
I haven't been able to get any of them totally working in over a year now.
I have been flip-flopping boards and buying replacement boards, replacing power supplies, and still not one of them is working normally. One Dot matrix machine comes up with Dot Fail, but after about 10 or 15 minutes if I shut it down and power it up, it works as it should. The Jackpot Party was working perfect, until I started swapping boards with the other Dot Matrix machine. Now it was coming up with Dot Fail but would never work again. The other machine  (not Dot Matrix) was a working machine, until I swapped boards. Then it would light up everything brightly and the hopper runs without stopping, for no reason. Now, that machine has a replacement I/O board and is running, but there is a delay in getting the reels to spin after a button is pressed, and there is no sound at all. Speaker checks good, cable checks good also. If I put the new I/O board in the Jackpot Party, now it comes up with the ronn Sound error. I am at a loss with what I can do to get any one of the three machines working normally. I don't remember after all the time that has passed, which board needs which jumper. How can that be determined? I know I created a can of worms, but there is nobody that I know of  in my area that has the boards and knowledge to help me, and I am a total idiot on these things. I am a dinosaur, and repair the old mechanical machines.
By now, I'll bet that you are sorry that you even responded, and I don't blame you, ha!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »
I have a Williams 400 Dot matrix Jackpot Party slot machine that is not working.
Currently, it is showing a ronn Sound error.

If the picture you posted is your machine in its current state, the message on the LED display is "DOT FAIL".  That means it is unable to communicate to the Dotmation display.  Usually this is due to a failed upper (Dotmation) power supply.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 07:57:24 AM »
That was an earlier picture. I had since replaced the Dotmation power supplies on both Dotmation machines, but still had the same message come up. Now, with a replacement I/O board, the new message is ronn SOUND. The Dotmation board on the non-working Jackpot Party machine worked fine, (other than the 10-15 minute time period when it comes up Dot Fail, as it still does with the other Dotmation board still in that machine) when put in my Big Bang Piggy Bankin' machine with the Big bang chips in it.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 08:37:21 AM »
Oh boy, regttably I'm goin to jump in.. Let's fix one machine at a time. Pick ONE machine , probably the one you enjoy the most. Post a pic and tell us what the issues are.  If me, or someone else recommends switching out a board... have some masking tape on the board and label what machine it came out of and the issue.  Since you switched multiple boards, we will have to check the jumpers, etc.. on the boards of whatever machine you start with..  Also , check the back of the boards to see if any pins are bent... When you replaced the power supplies, did you replace them with plug and play ones or did you do the ATX computer mods ?    Bill

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 06:16:12 PM »
I installed computer power supplies (Upper) in both of my Dotmation machines. See the label on the new power supplies attached.
Let's try to fix my Jackpot Party machine first.
It originally was a perfectly good running machine....until I started swapping boards to try to get my other Dotmation machine running. Later, after putting things back into the Jackpot Party, it came up with Dot Fail. I replaced the upper and lower power supplies on the machine. At the moment with another different replacement I/O board in the machine I get a ronn Sound error. (note: I just ordered 3 more supposedly working I/O boards) I now have 4 non-working I/O boards. Does anybody repair them?

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 08:35:01 PM »
Check the sound eproms for bent pins and make sure eproms are facing the right way.  Check for bent pins on the board itself.  It could also be that 1 or more of your sound eproms are bad...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:01:53 AM by tollguy316 »

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »
aprons?????? What are aprons? Never heard that term before.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 12:38:16 AM »
Bill either misspoke or perhaps was using speech-to-text which didn't correctly write what he was saying. He is referring to the EPROMs (removable chips with the game software).
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 05:00:32 AM »
Speech to text... sorry

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 06:54:52 PM »
I finally got to check the sound chips to see if they were properly seated. Being the idiot that I am, sure enough, I did have one chip with a pin that was hanging out. So, I pulled all four of the chips again to be sure that there were no bent pins and reseated them. I powered up the machine and got the bong sound,and along with that, another strange chirp sound. I am still getting the ronn Sound error.

Offline ucanwin

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »
Doesn't anyone have an idea what I need to do next? Replace all sound chips? Or........?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal