New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt cops n donuts eeprom error  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Rfaby

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rfaby New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt cops n donuts eeprom error
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »
I am a little new to slot machines but very familiar with building PC's and have noticed a lot of similarities. I am trying to get a a machine going. It fires up but upon initial power the screen blinks in all different colors but will eventually move to the screen that says "system initializing" it is then followed by "eeprom error'" I turn the key and then I get a "eeprom recovery error". I have researched a lot on this and either it's not clicking in my head or I haven't found a satisfactory resolution. I have included some pictures any input would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:32:59 PM by Rfaby »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Igt lucky Larry's error
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
Use a key chip to clear & key the machine as instructed. Key 22 or 40 should work. If your software is labeled correctly it's Cops N Donuts not Lostermania.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 11:17:20 AM »
Ok I figured I had to do that but wasn't sure on which chip numbers to order...in researching I have seen where people say this number and that number and I didn't want to order the wrong ones. I forgot to mention it may not be lobstermania. I have never had this machine fired up all the way and it is very evident it has been altered

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »
Do you have an idea why the screen blinks multiple colors before starting ?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 11:22:32 AM »

That is normal. I can send you key chips if needed. OM me if interested. I recommend a 37 key only & 40 clear/key combo.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:07 PM »
It's Cop's and Donuts.  I can tell by the program information numbers on the one screen (I000XXXX, G000XXXX, C000XXXX).  When you get to the EEPROM error, turn the jackpot reset key 2 - 3 times and it should continue past the EEPROM recovery error.  You may have to press and hold the MPU self test button for 2 - 3 seconds.  If that's necessary it will tell you do to it on the screen.  That hopefully will get it going again for now.  You will want to get a keychip for it so you can change some settings down the road.

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 08:38:56 PM »
It's Cop's and Donuts.  I can tell by the program information numbers on the one screen (I000XXXX, G000XXXX, C000XXXX).  When you get to the EEPROM error, turn the jackpot reset key 2 - 3 times and it should continue past the EEPROM recovery error.  You may have to press and hold the MPU self test button for 2 - 3 seconds.  If that's necessary it will tell you do to it on the screen.  That hopefully will get it going again for now.  You will want to get a keychip for it so you can change some settings down the road.

I've tried this procedure a few times but it just stayed stuck on that screen.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 10:34:08 PM »
That happens sometimes, usually after a game change.  I guess since the machine is new to you it wouldn't hurt to pull the MPU board out (with power off of course) and make sure there's an EEPROM installed on the motherboard.  I attached a pic of where it is.  If it's there then you'll have to wait for a keychip to clear it unless you have another one you could swap it out with or an EPROM burner to erase it.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
the double EE error.. check the backplane(motherboard)(the one that the game board plugs into). make sure it has a 8 pin eprom in it and if it does, make sure its in correctly.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
Thanks wizeone!  I forgot to attach the photo  :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 10:47:49 AM »
Thanks for the input guys...I will be getting into it today and see what happens. I will keep ya posted...can you tell what kind of board it is? I prolly sound like a total newbie but is this what they call an s2000 board?

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »
lucky larry and cops & doughnuts are both I-Games that run on the 3902 mpu that uses sims and a multi-media board(again sim based) for enhanced sound

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
lucky larry and cops & doughnuts are both I-Games that run on the 3902 mpu that uses sims and a multi-media board(again sim based) for enhanced sound

Thank you for info...I am still learning and love the info..my questions prolly sound dumb but I love learning this stuff

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »
Here are a few photos of the board starting with complete assembly then a few pics with a couple boards removed. See anything that don't look right? Everything seems to be in correctly from what I can see.

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 12:26:10 PM »
Reinstalled the boards and fired the machine up. Upon loading it calls for attendant. Open door and alarm starts. Turn key and then it goes to eeprom recovery error. Tried key several times as well as the white reset button on the board tray. Pics included of process.

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
Also how do you know which direction the eeprom is supposed to be installed? Just to make sure someone dosnt have it installed wrong?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
There is a white box around the chip on backplane board with a notch showing which end the notch on the chip goes. If it is in correct direction you need a clear/key chip.  Machine needs ram cleared anyway.  Get clear/key chip from RB.

Offline Rfaby

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 08:32:12 PM »

That is normal. I can send you key chips if needed. OM me if interested. I recommend a 37 key only & 40 clear/key combo.

Pm sent

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal