New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ bill validator won'twork  (Read 6827 times)

Offline frozzen3

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • frozzen3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ bill validator won'twork
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:29:34 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am new to NLG, and I have a IGT S+ made 1994 and it has 4 wheels. It was working well (also Bill Acceptor) till I made a RAM Clear. RAM Clear was done because I changed many internal settings and I wanted to set up machine up from scratch.

Unfortunately, the Bill Acceptor is not more working in game mode. Therefore, I checked the hardware with Output Test Sequence 7    2  with test Sequence 26__. Bill Acceptor is set to test mode. I'm happy that I found these test sequences  :applause:

In test mode, it accepts bills, check them and put them out with some test pattern result (I don’t know the meaning of test pattern result in detail). Anyhow, it seems that Bill Acceptor hardware and connection to motherboard is OK.

• Bill Acceptor is also enabled 9__1  (this is standard answer I found in forum)
  • Software allows to set and change Denomination. It is set to 1.   (I use 1 EUR coins).
  • When the machine is powered up, the BV makes a whirring sounds. BV light is not on.
  • The BV will not even attempt to take the bills in in game mode
  • BV selftest is working well. BV is accepting bills and cheking bills (but only in seltest mode)
Does anybody has an Idee?

Many thanks for your help !

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: IGT S+ bill validator won'twork
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:56:03 PM »
Cash can in completely? And Doors all closed? Cash can door, belly door, and, of course Main door?

Sometimes, it's the simple things...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Is the machine playing on coins? It is odd that you did a clear and 9-1 stayed. Usually you have to use a set chip to turn it back on and set denomination to 5, 10, 25, etc. Maybe that's the problem, validator does not know what value to make. What do you have? UBA, WBA, JCM? Just read the euro.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline frozzen3

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 12:14:50 AM »
Hi, many thanks for your reply.

All doors are closed - and machine is playing well with conis.

Maybee, I did denomination not correct (I have chip for denomination available).

I use 1 EUR coins - and the BV was working well in past with EUR notes. BV was accepting  5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 notes. What kind of denomination do I have to set up? I set denomination to 1. Is this ok?

I do not know which kind of BV I have in machine, but I will chek this.

Many thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:43:41 AM »
Not sure how you guy's do the Euro. We usually set so that one dollar equals 4 quarters. How about posting a picture of your machine, inside and out

the rockin elvis

Offline frozzen3

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:31:14 AM »
OK, I will post some pictures in the evening - but before I can do this, what kind of denomination has to be set in case of quarter conins are used? In case of US doller BV ?

I do not understand the denomination setting I think. :drool04:

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 04:01:12 AM »
Since Europe uses coin denominations similar to the USA except no quarter of a euro though.

I have not configured a S+ for some time now so the leading zeros may not be displayed.

The S+ denominations available for use depends on your SP chip installed.

Here is a list, the decimal will not be shown on the machine display. some SP do not allow the 0.01 setting.
$0.01 $0.05 $0.10 $0.25 $0.50 $1 $2 $5 $10 $20 $25 $50 $100 $250 $500 $1,000, or zero (none).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:24:18 AM by foster »
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 04:48:46 AM »
You mentioned that you can freely change the denomination, is that without the set chip in the normal options?  If you can do it without the set chip, the your dbv is not enabled.  If it was, the game would not let you change denominations without the set chip.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
I think only set 90 allows 1 cent. Most show 5, 10, 25, 50, 1.00, etc. Is your bill validator set for US paper money?

the rockin elvis

Offline frozzen3

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
Hi,
Sorry I may not have expressed myself very well.  For setting bill validator denomination, I still use this special Chip on motherboard. Unfortunately, I don’t know which value I have to use. I tested already the values 0, 1, 25 but no sucess. What kind of value are you using?

The validator is named “Money Controls” and it is programmed for European EUR bills. It was working well before I cleared RAM.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »
On US dollars we use one dollar equals 4- 25 cents. So we set our denomination to 25. When you had it working before, how many credits did you get for a euro? That is what you want to set it for.

the rockin elvis

Offline frozzen3

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »
Now I understand  :dancing_2: I got 1 credit for 1 EURO, and I have 1 EUR Coin as sample in coin validator. Therefore, I shout set BV denomination to 1.

So the problem must be somewhere else - i will check CPU, RAM, electrolyt capacitor and so on...

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
You want it set for 100 which would be equal to one euro.

You have to use a set chip to enable the Bill Acceptor.
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal