New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: White screen after Ram Clear  (Read 1545 times)

Offline jthelman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • jthelman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
White screen after Ram Clear
« on: September 07, 2023, 09:06:17 AM »
I bought this machine as is, not knowing what issues it had. Got it home and replaced the dead battery. I started up the machine and the MPU board lights started flickering off and on causing the monitor to also flicker off and on. So, I then did a clear ram using a key 22 chip. After clearing the ram, the machine booted up but having a “door open B” error. I checked the bill validator door wires, and they are tied together and checked continuity back to the backplane board and it was good. Thinking about the MPU board is bad. I purchased 3902 MPU board, swapped out the 3803 rev A board to a 3902 board but it also had a dead battery that I changed out. The machine booted up “Hooray” but would not accept any coins. I pressed the white test button on the comparator and displayed “Coin Jam” or something like that. I cleaned the coin comparator and coin optics. Error would not clear, so I decided to do a ram clear with key 22. Went through the clear ram process okay, put the base chip back in and I just get a white screen. I tried clearing the ram 5 or 6 times with no luck. I also tried the 3803 MPU board, it also just has a white screen. Hopefully, someone can help to get this machine to boot back up.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: White screen after Ram Clear
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 12:55:05 PM »
If you can perform a clear, but then populating the machine with the game eproms results in the machine not coming up, then I would suspect the base chip.  If you at any time plugged it backwards, you may have fried it.  Also verify all pins are good, etc.  What do the LEDS on the MPU look like when you have the non-booting condition?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jthelman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • jthelman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 02:51:05 PM »
Strange, after 2 days and several clear ram tries. I inserted the MPU tray back into the machine and it booted up with several errors “see picture.” The screen then initialized and produced calibrate touch screen and to touch the dot on the screen, but I did not see the dot. I could not get out of the calibration screen, tried turning off the machine, reset key and MPU test button. I then did another clear ram and now getting the white blank screen.
There are 4 yellow LEDs lit up and I don’t believe I put the chip in backwards?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »
You have the older style cabinet that was meant for 380x boards.  I'm not familiar with troubleshooting for those since they didn't use the newer style I/O cards.  The touchscreen errors can be linked to a netplex issue or a bad touchscreen controller/screen or some other netplex device causing the failure since they are all in the same bus.  Since you did a clear and have not setup any of the settings, you are getting the Accounting Denom not set issue and the options verification issue.  When you do a clear, you also need to do the keychip option so you can setup denomination and other protected settings.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal