New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt Double Diamond Mine  (Read 1724 times)

Offline scottf11961

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • scottf11961 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: igt Double Diamond Mine
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 11:21:59 AM »
Understood. I was wondering why it had a top AND side slot. Is this card easy to come by? RFA

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 11:32:19 AM »
It's been awhile but one card stays in the top slot of LCD.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2024, 11:34:25 AM »
4.6 Game Program Change
Use the following procedure to replace game programs in Vision Series
machines equipped with an LCD.
Note: Game program changes are highly regulated in certain gaming
jurisdictions. Some jurisdictions require the presence of a gaming
agent during this procedure. Verify state and local legal requirements
before changing programs.
Newer flash memory cards may require more memory in the LCD.
Ensure that the LCD has sufficient memory before changing programs.
1. Turn the machine power off.
2. Remnove the processor board from the machine, and remove the
game, stepper base and version PROMs from the processor board
(refer to Section 4.1.1).
3. Remove the Bonus Game Module (BGM) from the LCD (refer to
Section 4.5).
4. Install the new game, stepper base and version PROMs on the
processor board and return the board to the machine (refer to
Section 4.1.1).
5. Install the new sound SIMM board if the machine has stereo sound
(refer to Section 4.2).
6. Install the new BGM in the top slot of the LCD and install the RFA
card in the slot on the left side of the LCD (Refer to Section 4.5).
7. Turn the machine power on. The LCD indicates the status of the
game replacement.
8. When the LCD displays the “Enter new time” prompt, turn the
machine power off.
9. Remove the RFA card and turn the machine power on. When the
VFD indicates that the machine is experiencing a RAM error, turn
the Attendant key.
10. When prompted by the message on the VFD, press the operator
switch on the processor board, hold for two to three seconds, then
release. The game program change is complete when the LCD and
VFD display game play messages.

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2024, 11:34:57 AM »
from software manual

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 11:42:09 AM »
So.....I have to get new...everything..to make this work

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2024, 11:47:57 AM »
probably just an rfa update card.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2024, 01:11:01 PM »
Forgive my ignorance  since I have zero experience with vision games. Where can I get an RFA update card? This is the card that goes into the side, correct?

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2024, 02:16:05 PM »
I just opened my other vision machine just to look at it. THAT machine is totally different.  It has two 64MB cards. Top and side. What would happen if I took them out and put them in the DD Mine? Would it mess the cards up?

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2024, 02:30:21 PM »
The game would not play. Don't do that.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2024, 03:15:33 PM »
I would give some time for others to read this thread, or you can post a wanted ad in the classifieds.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2024, 03:21:02 PM »
This card was in my Ms little Green Men machine. I took it out, and I powered Ms Men back up to see if it would work without it..and it worked fine. So of course, I took the card and put it into the side slot of DD Mine, and nothing. Same error. I give up for today. Me head hurts..lol

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2024, 03:50:38 PM »
Yeah me too...lol
I decided to pull the battery out of my LCD computer to see if I could screw up mine - like you did.
By pulling out the connector on the PDU, I was able to make my Vision get to the "Video Display COMM Failure" come up on my blue VFD display.
When I plug it back in, that message goes away but then I keep booting up to the "Red Screen Of Death"  :hissyfit: :banghead:
"Error Some Required Components are not Found"
Sticking in an RFA100.25 card in the side slot doesn't seem to help get it going either.

You don't need the RFA car in the Lil' Green Men anymore....somebody forgot to take it out.
When you stuck it the DD Mine in the side slot, it should of updated the LCD computer.
Mine doesn't either and I have the same exact set-up here.
I have just about every Vision machine kit there is....and they don't all work.
99% of the time, it's a glitch somewhere....esp. when you take out batteries.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2024, 04:35:24 PM »
I appreciate your help, and everyone's help. "Should have" updated. When I found it in little green men.. I thought I'd found the winning answer..but no go. BUT..on a good note..I don't have to track one down! If I'm going to be disappointed,  it may as well be with something I already have. I guess tomorrow I'll start over. Trace every wire. Maybe swap out a few for known working ones. Maybe even try my spare mpu. (Doubt that will help).

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2024, 05:01:14 PM »
Okay...I got mine working.
I never quit...haha

Take out the CF card from the top.
Insert the RFA100.25 into the top slot alone...no other cards.
Turn on machine.
The LCD computer will boot up and run the RFA card.
It will look like a really old DOS computer loading up everything to the LCD from the card.
It takes awhile...it's old stuff..about 7-10 minutes.
Once it stops at "enter date and time", shut the power off and pull out the RFA card.
Re-install the game card back into the top slot, alone.
No card needed on the side slot.
Power up machine.
Let us know how far you get.

Oh..BTW I loaded up a card that said RFA100.28....a slightly newer version than yours.
But try your RFA100.25....it should work for the ol DD MINE...kinda of press down on the card as it's loading...
I use to have an LCD computer that had bad, dirty oxidized pins in the slot and the LCD computer couln't read the CF flash card.
You need to see "Fixed Disk 0: Identified" on the last line on the first page when you power up the LCD computer.

Here's it up and running again...>>>

https://youtu.be/-GTfXheJ48U?si=2Nv9PJ6cD4E551n_

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:37:25 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2024, 05:27:51 PM »
Tried it. Nothing. Black screen "no display ".

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2024, 06:07:24 PM »
Power supply behind reel shelf could be loose or going or you may have a bent software chip leg.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:47:15 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2024, 09:21:16 PM »
It's been a while since I worked on a vision but I do remember there is an RFA updater card that you would take out the game card and run the updater card. Then remove the updater card and reinstall the card with the BGM files.
Note: you only have to run the updater card one time and then it is permanently loaded in the top box.
Elvis is the expert here, hope he chimes in.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2024, 10:46:29 PM »
Yes...the RFA100.28 CF card I threw in earlier to get the LCD computer running BGM games again.
What it does is wipe out everything, and re-write the proper DOS commands & files needed to run the computer.

Scott is having problems trying to get his RFA100.25 card to run.
He has a flaky COM harness and a poor power supply.
Another thing that causes a "dark LCD screen" is a bent leg on a MPU software chip.

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2024, 01:10:51 PM »
Hey Mark and Gary..Replacing the battery shouldn't clear the memory in the top box.. without knowing if the machine worked before.. there are a few possibilities.. the cards do go bad on occasion ( I have a stack of bad cards). Possible bad power supply.. possibly inserted the card backwards.. yes, they will fit both ways. Scott, you switched the card and the main cpu from the other Vision into the problem o..ne and everything worked correctly ?? Right ? ... do you have another card to transfer the diamond mine  bgm file to ?  The card has to have the game bgm file, 000 bgm file, Data file, ata65 file... Bill

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2024, 01:23:40 PM »
Hey Mark and Gary..Replacing the battery shouldn't clear the memory in the top box.. without knowing if the machine worked before.. there are a few possibilities.. the cards do go bad on occasion ( I have a stack of bad cards). Possible bad power supply.. possibly inserted the card backwards.. yes, they will fit both ways. Scott, you switched the card and the main cpu from the other Vision into the problem o..ne and everything worked correctly ?? Right ? ... do you have another card to transfer the diamond mine  bgm file to ?  The card has to have the game bgm file, 000 bgm file, Data file, ata65 file... Bill

Just to add to this, the card that I posted a picture of with a close serial number is a failed card. so this is a good observation

W

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal