New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit Slot Machine reel help  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Summit Slot Machine reel help
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
I have an old Summit slot with polycord bands that run the reels. I can't find info on them, and they need to be replaced. Anybody ever messed with these old machines? I bought it cheap enough and would like to get it running.
Dave
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:26:52 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Summit Slot Machine reel help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »
Can you post a pic of what your needing?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »
This guy is the current Summit master in the nation He's not a "free advice" deal, but he will get you going.

His business is HMS Electronics out of Rohnert Park, CA. His name is Dick, I believe.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:42:49 AM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:42:19 AM »
Here's a couple shots of the polycord and reels.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
I'd try finding a rubber o-ring.. Check a plumbing supply house?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »
Yeah I tried that but when we measured it and ordered o-rings they were too big. I can't buy just 3 of them I have to buy a package of 120. At $45 a pop to try to get the right size, I'm over halfway the cost of the machine now. Sunrise Side said he can replace them for me. Yeah I got it cheap but I don't want to wrap a ton in a machine that may have more problems than the cords. Thanks for the reply.
Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »
Thanks Roz, yeah I checked his site. A 30 minute conversation with him costs $70. Thank goodness the good people of NLG don't charge like that. I'd owe about $2000 for all the help I've received on here. Anybody whoever complains about the contributing membership doesn't realize what a Great deal this place is. I'm glad to be here. Thanks,  Dave.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »
I realize he charges even for a phone consult, but if you knew how many calls/messages I get from people asking for a call back because their machine is not working, you'd see why he charges what he does. I am all for helping people, don't get the wrong idea, but it can tie up HOURS of time, literally (been there, done that COUNTLESS times).

NLG is an absolute lifesaver for slot owners who have the ability to read, communicate their problem clearly, and are willing to learn a little bit about their machine in the process.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
Sorry I ruffled your feathers. My apologies. :hail:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
Oh no feathers ruffled here, no worries at all Dave.  :cool_thumb_up:  Just trying to explain to some people why he would charge just to "talk" on the phone....as I'm sure there are many that think it is absolutely ridiculous!  :rotfl:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
Thanks Roz!  :yes:

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »
I found an easy way to take the "stretch" out of an o-ring style belt.

Mount an old butter knife in a vise and use a propane torch to heat it red-hot.

Cut a piece out of the belt that would make it shorter overall. You need to determine the size of the removed piece.

Once the knife is hot enough, place both cut ends on the hot knife until the material melts, then slowly slide the ends off in unison. The melted ends will solidify on each other, forming a perfect bond to the cut ends.

You wind up with a stretched, but useable belt that measures the correct size.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »
Thanks,  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »
A big thanks to Tim aka Sunrise Side for the new polycords. First step towards trying to get it running. Other problems though, time for a new thread.
A pic of the new cords installed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal