New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mills Diamond Front 5 cent machine  (Read 3371 times)

Offline kb8yrw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • kb8yrw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Mills Diamond Front 5 cent machine
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:55:20 AM »
I am thinking about adding to the collection again. I am looking at a Mills diamond front 5 cent machine that he says works and pays out. It looks like the wood may have been replaced at some point and the 5 cent plate is missing from the coin slot. Cosmetically it needs some help but I can probably pick it up in the 700-800 range. I have not went and looked at it yet just pictures but not sure I should waste my time if it isn't worth anything. I'm sure it is worth something but I know nothing about the mechanical slots but like everything else you have to start somewhere. It looks like they go for 1000-1200 online restored but I don't want something restored, I want to do it. Are these desirable machines and a good place to get my feet wet?
In the end the one with the most toys wins!

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Mills Diamond Front 5 cent machine
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:53 AM »
just make sure its not a repo

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:16:04 AM »
Any sure fire ways to tell a repro for a novice? I noticed one thing different from some other pics I have seen on the net. The coin slot on this machine has a separate denomination piece whereas some I have seen on the net look to be one solid piece. Also I noticed from the pics the diamonds on the bottom are missing and he shows four of them loose so two are MIA. I don't know how hard these would be to find and replace but definitely needs to be considered. The more I look at the pics and search around the net the less appealing this machine is at that price range.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
post a pic  i'll give you my option

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
Here are some pics.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
your good on that  someone will have those missing  diamonds  it's no repo with some work you could have a nice game there offer 500   maybe they will take 600

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
I own it! It is actually in better shape than the pics show. I took it apart when I got home to vacuum out the dust and clean it up. I think this thing has been sitting for a very long time. I found 4 buffalo nickels in it and several quarters from the 40's. My wife and I have been playing it for the last couple hours and it seems to be working fine and pays out correctly. Now I have to locate a manual. Thanks for the help in deciding.  :thank_you:

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
good luck with it     nice part they go up in value every  year

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
Can't figure out the jackpot on this. I thought if it hit the jackpot it payed out from the hopper behind the glass. I set the reels and it payed out 20 from the coin tube out the small dish. I guess I need a manual.

For some reason I am locked out of the file section now. I made another contribution a couple days ago but still locked out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal