New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809-8ZV coin multiplier problem  (Read 804 times)

Offline subsailor

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • subsailor New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 809-8ZV coin multiplier problem
« on: August 17, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »
Hello all! I have a problem with my 809-8ZV MT-17348 made 02/06/78. When you drop the first coin the game will reset to one coin played then immediately jump to the 2 coin position. all other functions are normal. another coin goes to 3 coin and so on to 5 coins in. about every 50 plays or so it will work correctly and reset to one coin played, but that seems to be random. Does anyone have a clue as to where I should look? I'm a newbie to slots but I can read a schematic and trace a circuit. I have the Geddes book and the schematic in there helps, but is just too basic. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Dave
Hill? What hill? I don't remember any hill.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809-8ZV coin multiplier problem
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »
I think your problem is in the top box. Your stepper unit might be skipping, or you have a set or contacts adjusted too close.. This is where a set of extension cables come in handy to observe the relays.. You could try this trick. That the top glass off, and turn the rooms light off.  Then try coining the game and watch for anything sparking..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
It could be your EOS switch on end of odds unit step up linkage is not opening fully, or bouncing which can give occasional double step. Adjust it a bit more open when it steps.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
Also, if you remove the 4 screws holding on light panel, you can drop it down to watch top unit in action. No need for jumper cables....
This also lets you play with the stacks and relays.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline subsailor

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »
Thanks guys!!! I’ll try both ideas and let you know
Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
The odds unit in the top box, might be gummed up and not returning all the way.
Try letting the machine warm up for 30 minutes, then observe what happens when played.

Or with the machine cold, press the reset coil plunger in on the odds unit. The contact blades, aka spider or leafs should return to a stop. Test the ability of a complete return by holding the reset plunger in, then manually advance the rotating contacts then release. It should snap back, if it appears to move slow it may need to cleaned, lubed or have the spring moved up one notch.
 Also if the contact board is dirty this will slow the return.

First I would clean the contact board then apply a small amount of spray lubricant between the ratchet gear and the contact board. Work it back and forth and check for any excessive lubricant. WD-40 is not recommended and should be used as a last resort.

Offline subsailor

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 09:24:17 AM »
Thanks for the response. I have cleaned and lubed and adjusted the top box stepper unit and it seems to be working fine. The problem is when i drop the first coin the stepper reset coil engages but the immediately after the step up coil engages taking the unit to coin 2. I have also gone through the reel mechanisn and cleaned and lubed the mechanical parts and adjusted all the contacts. the same with the payout hopper. I have noticed that I am getting incorrect payouts along with the coin problem. This is driving me nuts.
Thanks again for the input!!!
Dave :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
We can fix the payout problem too. How far off, 1-2-3 coins. 5-10 coins?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 10:18:25 AM »

Re, going to second coin.
With the first coin drops the white ratchet gear on the odds unit snaps back to first coin.

Observe the unit on the first coin, focus on the step up coil plunger.
Normally it should not move until the second coin is dropped.
This will determine if its electrical or mechanical.

Re payouts,  this is determined by the payout step up unit on the left side of the hopper.
If the payouts are uneven this units contacts may need to be cleaned.
Or if the machine payouts are erratic, like sometimes they pay and other times not.
This could be a sign that the reel index wipers need to be cleaned and or adjusted.
If the mechanical part of the reel index arms are gummed up, this could cause them to malfunction.

As to stopping between or near the edge of the contact buttons / rivets.

Also check all the pins and sockets on all the beau-plugs. Look for any that might have been pushed / backed out.

Offline subsailor

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 01:18:09 PM »
On most payouts it is 2 or 3 coins short. I’m starting to think beau plug troubles. It seems every time I reseat the plugs I have a different problem. I’ve cleaned the male plugs and now I’m going to try and come up with a way to clean the female plugs. I’m gonna get a small ignition point file and bring it down to pin width and go to town on the female connectors.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »
The points file will work on the female beau plug. I know someone who does the same thing. Just don’t over clean then and take the silver off them. Make sure the spiral can on the hopper is fully returning to the starting 6pm position, straight down.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »

Short pays could mean the EOS bumper on the payout step up unit needs to be backed off.
Thus allowing the contacts arm to travel father back.
Also check the rubber bumper for any signs of deterioration, missing or stickiness.

Offline subsailor

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
EOS bumper that looks like a pencil eraser was sticky. I fixed it and now the payouts are working fine. I also found a bad female socket in the 30 pin hopper beau plug. It had been pushed completely out of the housing. I moved both the wires to unused position on the plugs and now they seem to mate fine. It had no effect on the game however.  Gonna keep searching. Had to order a new hopper agitator as the original had turned to a sticky mass. Will report more when that comes in and I can once again fiddle with machine. The plunger in the  score reel odds unit in the second coin position is very sloppy and may be causing the problem. Checking there next.

Thanks again for all the help!
Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 02:30:23 PM »

Good you got a few things fixed.

First observe the contacts that are between the two activators. (Short rods sticking out from the white wheel).

When the unit resets contacts make or break.
Possible the breaking contacts stays close causing the unit to advance one coin. Then open normally on the second coin.

Attach a photos of the unit in question. One with the unit back to one coin and a photo when its on the last coin.
Maybe I will notice something out of adjustment.

The plunger could cause a problem, not activating correctly.  Thus not resetting to first coin.
Manually operate the unit, step it up then release it back. Note as to where the white wheel returns to.
There should be a stop it comes to rest on.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal