New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can anyone identify my new machine please  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Steve Broad

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Steve Broad New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Can anyone identify my new machine please
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »
We have been building a games room in an old barn and have almost finished. I bought a 1968 Williams Lady Luck pinball and a retro style video console with over 800 games. To complete the set I have been looking for an old school one arm bandit with hold buttons. Finally found one last week at a reasonable price. Once I removed the magnets from the game coin slot and the change slots it accepted all modern UK coins. All the lights are now working and the only problem is the overpaying of both wins and change. Lots of suggestions on a fix but no luck yet, a work in progress.

However, the reason for this post is to try to find out the actual model it is. My guess is one of the 742 series but I cannot find any labels to confirm this. No ID under or near the lever on the outside and I cannot see any labels inside.

Can anyone help?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:03:33 PM by Steve Broad »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Can anyone identify my new machine please
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
Well that's an oddity. I've seen Bally skill stops, but never with a change machine inside.
Replies should be on the way.

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »
since the payout counter board was replaced, no help there.  There should be numbers/codes stamped into the slotted metal reel index discs.  What are those?

is the payout counter mechanically or electrically stepped? 

mechanically has a linkage going up to a roller where the coin exits.  Coin lift roller = payout counter step.
electrically stepped units have the roller arm closing switches and a solenoid on the payout counter steps the wipers around. 

I don't think any 742 had hold-n-draw.  AFAIK, the 802 was the first but it was in a short cabinet.

if it's an original cabinet, could be a 903 mustang, or could just be a mashup of parts from various games.

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 04:30:12 AM »
Thanks for the prompt response Wolftalk.

You idea that this machine may be a mashup is a possibility :-)

Reels are numbered E21, E22 and E23

Seems to be a mechanical coin counter.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »
can ya email the hi-res pics to slotpics@cdyn.com or stick 'em on a cloud service for download?

the E21 helped!  if I tell ya model I think it is, can I borrow the paperwork for scanning? :-) ... or I'll pay the costs to large format scan it at a blueprint/copy shop and send me the files

my guess is the reels came from a model 820 - camelot ... or maybe not.  That was probably a console/upright style game.

I have no info on the game, but there is a guy selling the paperwork on ebay.uk.  I've asked him previously if he'd sell/ship me a few games in a bulk lot and never got a reply.  If you are in the USA also, my alternative scheme is to buy the paperwork I need and have it shipped to a friend in the UK, then he will forward the stuff to me.

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
can ya email the hi-res pics to slotpics@cdyn.com or stick 'em on a cloud service for download?

the E21 helped!  if I tell ya model I think it is, can I borrow the paperwork for scanning? :-) ... or I'll pay the costs to large format scan it at a blueprint/copy shop and send me the files

my guess is the reels came from a model 820 - camelot ... or maybe not.  That was probably a console/upright style game.

I have no info on the game, but there is a guy selling the paperwork on ebay.uk.  I've asked him previously if he'd sell/ship me a few games in a bulk lot and never got a reply.  If you are in the USA also, my alternative scheme is to buy the paperwork I need and have it shipped to a friend in the UK, then he will forward the stuff to me.

If I had any paperwork you would be more than welcome to copies. Unfortunately it came with nothing. The 742 manual ties in with most of the parts so that is why I assumed it was that model.

I am in the UK. How much is he charging? I could buy it and ship it over to you. Where are you in the States? My daughter is coming over to visit in December and goes back to Anaheim on the 30 December.

I have just discovered that the fluorescent tube above the reels is missing! No wonder the reels were dim :-) The parts list quotes E-412-6 of E-412-8. It is approx 9" pin end to pin end but that is all I know. Will it be 6v or 220v (over here in the UK)?

Regards
Steve
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:17:11 PM by Steve Broad »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:21 PM »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bally-CAMELOT-slot-machine-schematics-paperwork/233509970793

it's an obscure game, and may not be relevant to what you have.  Maybe best if I buy the paperwork.  I'll email you offline about it.

your glass says "Leisure Games".  I'd guess they were a refurb place making new machines out of old bally machines.  Any later hold-n-draw bally machine should give you a rough idea on the circuitry. 

the change function looks like it just turns on the hopper and makes a payout on the upper set of wiper fingers depending on the coin deposited.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:54:50 AM by wolftalk »

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 02:51:13 AM »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bally-CAMELOT-slot-machine-schematics-paperwork/233509970793

it's an obscure game, and may not be relevant to what you have.  Maybe best if I buy the paperwork.  I'll email you offline about it.

your glass says "Leisure Games".  I'd guess they were a refurb place making new machines out of old bally machines.  Any later hold-n-draw bally machine should give you a rough idea on the circuitry. 

the change function looks like it just turns on the hopper and makes a payout on the upper set of wiper fingers depending on the coin deposited.

OK, no problem.

I will look out for it.

There are a lot of machines using the same casing but I have yet to find another one with a change facility. Seems like a good idea, though :-)

There is a finger missing on the wiper mechanism, so I swapped them around so the missing finger is over an unused track. Made no difference though :-(

The manual I have covers the 742 and 820 and there is a section on "Hopper and Payout Unit Adjustment". I will follow these instructions to the letter  with fingers crossed :-)

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 02:39:54 PM »
its probably a 742 made in ireland
lots of these hold machines with changers built in the top
the yellow timer knob i am sure it is a random hold after win

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »
its probably a 742 made in ireland
lots of these hold machines with changers built in the top
the yellow timer knob i am sure it is a random hold after win

Thanks for this info. I have yet to find another on on the Web so I assumed that it was, as suggested by others, a mishmash. You are the second person to suggest the knob is a random hold after win controller. I will disable it and monitor the holds.

Thanks again
Steve

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:55 AM »
I believe it is a modified 1966 Model 818 'Sir Prize". It was made for the British market and never seen in the USA. There were tens of thousands of these in Britain, one in every Courage pub. They had a time jackpot and non-random hold and draw, so when these features were outlawed they were all withdrawn and hacked into something else. Many ended up as "Gold Award", with no hopper and solenoid payout for 2 coins and an award token. Others had the change topper added (it comes off easily) and ended up in seaside arcades and traveling fairs. The yellow knob is the after-market Random Hold cam. It can be removed and normal operation restored easily enough.

As it happens I've got one myself, now modified back to being a real jackpot machine.

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 12:53:30 AM »
I believe it is a modified 1966 Model 818 'Sir Prize". It was made for the British market and never seen in the USA. There were tens of thousands of these in Britain, one in every Courage pub. They had a time jackpot and non-random hold and draw, so when these features were outlawed they were all withdrawn and hacked into something else. Many ended up as "Gold Award", with no hopper and solenoid payout for 2 coins and an award token. Others had the change topper added (it comes off easily) and ended up in seaside arcades and traveling fairs. As it happens I've got one myself, now modified back to being a real jackpot machine.

Thanks, that certainly looks like my beastie :-) The flyer will get pride of place above the machine.

However, the change topper isn't easily removable (even if I wanted to, which I don't) as the casing is one piece. Also, the change and payout mechanism is located in this section with nowhere to easily relocate it to.

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 01:10:30 AM »
It must have been re-cased then, because the Sir Prize was a low boy. Here is a pic of mine in its original cabinet, complete with "patent pending" hopper, Sir Prize paper labels stapled to the inside, no metal liner, and simple lift-off hinges.

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 07:40:50 AM »
It must have been re-cased then, because the Sir Prize was a low boy. Here is a pic of mine in its original cabinet, complete with "patent pending" hopper, Sir Prize paper labels stapled to the inside, no metal liner, and simple lift-off hinges.

Our doors are pretty similar, but that is about all :-)

Is this the switch/cam you are talking about?

Regards
Steve

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 09:30:58 AM »
I just got into reading this thread, and it seems to have halted!  :hissyfit:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »

iir,  op-bell was right about the yellow knob purpose and other details.  The machine was an aftermarket mashup of parts.  Steve got the thing working using info from similar games, and I got the camelot schematic from the UK but haven't scanned and made it available yet.

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
Machine is almost perfect. The only thing I have to sort out is the jackpot payout issue. I have a couple of suggestions on how to find the problem from the great guys on here but Christmas has been in the way :-)

Offline Steve Broad

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »

iir,  op-bell was right about the yellow knob purpose and other details.  The machine was an aftermarket mashup of parts.  Steve got the thing working using info from similar games, and I got the camelot schematic from the UK but haven't scanned and made it available yet.

With help from Wolftalk and others, the machine is almost there. Still have to sort out Jackpot payout which is random. Also, 2p and 4p payouts are still inconsistent. However, 10p, 15p and 25p payouts seem to work well.

Machine is usable but I would like to get the payouts correct, if at all possible on this machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal