New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1088 Handle Won’t pull - any suggestions?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline DrewMcAvon

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DrewMcAvon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1088 Handle Won’t pull - any suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »
thank you, I will take a look at the areas you suggest later today. 

Not sure my original explanation was complete.  It is true that sometimes the second coin panel does not light up when a second coin is put in, but the machine also does not register that a second coin was dropped.  I know this since I put two nickels in and only the first coin panel was lite, then I pulled handle and hit three oranges (which should have paid 10 if it registered the second coin), but nothing was paid since only cherries pay on a single coin.  Does this information change your troubleshooting recommendation?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »
the coin unit (also called odds unit on some models) not stepping would be a different issue than cruddy rivets on the unit.

the coin unit steps when the coin step-up relay powers.  You could either check the switch on that relay with the orange/green and red/black wires, or watch and see if the coin step-up relay isn't powering sometimes.

if there's an intermittent powering issue, check the handle release relay switch with wires 23-1 (blue/yellow) and 92 (gray/blue) on the blades.

if it's neither of those switches, could be cruddy plug connections.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
You could manually step the odds unit.
It wouldn’t prove much, but it would eliminate the contacts and rivets pertaining to the lights and odds
It’s been awhile, but I think one of the three relay switches pulses the odds unit.
These are located on the back of the light board center left rear face out.

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 05:01:42 PM »
I can manually step the odds unit and the lights work for first, second, and third coin. So it may not be the rivets (I cleaned them anyway)

When I triggered the coin in when door open what I observed is on the times the second coin does not advance the odds unit, the middle coil in picture fires again (instead of the coil on the right, which advances the odds unit to the second coin in).  If i put a third coin in the coil on right fires sometimes, and sometimes I need to put a forth coin in to fire.  I checked for loose wires in the area picture.  What makes the middle coil fire instead of the one on the right?  (I never see the first coil fire).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:42:53 AM by DrewMcAvon »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 07:20:40 PM »
The coil that fires may have contact issues.
Trace the wires back from the step up coil to the bank of relays.
Meter them out for continuity.

You can also meter the contacts on the step up unit for continuity.
Manually step the unit then release it, observe the contact push rod.
As to be sure it returns all the way, opening and closing contacts.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:20 AM »
When I triggered the coin in when door open what I observed is on the times the second coin does not advance the odds unit, the middle coil in picture fires again (instead of the coil on the right, which advances the odds unit to the second coin in).  If i put a third coin in the coil on right fires sometimes, and sometimes I need to put a forth coin in to fire.  I checked for loose wires in the area picture.  What makes the middle coil fire instead of the one on the right?  (I never see the first coil fire).

if there's no labels on the relays, the easiest way to figure out what they are is look at the wire colors on the coil.  One will almost always be orange, but the other will let you match the coil to the schematic.

can you fix your picture?

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2021, 09:49:19 AM »
I fixed the picture, thanks for letting me know (attached here again).  So the coil fires and makes the solenoid on the step up unit advance the wheel,  correct? 

What I am seeing is the middle coil fires when the first coin is inserted, then the coil on the right fires when the second coin is inserted (that is what is supposed to happen).  Instead, sometimes, the middle coil fires when the second coin it inserted instead of the coil on the right. the solenoid on the step up unit does not fire.  When I put a subsequent coin in, the correct coil on the right will fire and advance the step up unit and all looks good.  So this intermittent issue is what I am trying to fix.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2021, 10:58:56 AM »
Manually operate the step up unit as to make sure its moving freely.
Check the wire connections on the middle and right relay switches.
Manually operate the coil armature to see if the contacts are touching its counter part.
They should push the opposing contact noticeably to see it move.

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 08:08:16 PM »
I believe I found the root cause.  The handle release coil was firing but not completely releasing the lever. Subsequent coins would eventually force the lever to release.  In my attempt to remove the coil and clearn/lubricate around the area, I broke off a very poorly soldered end of the coil.  When I tried to repair by uncoiling a few times, more damage.  No need for details here, but now I need to replace that coil.  I could only read part of the wrapper.  It is a 2100 coil, but I am not sure the size.  Anyone know the size so I can replace?  I will look to see if I have parts list for the 1088.  Thanks in advance.

I found it on parts list.  It is a F-31-2100

Offline DrewMcAvon

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »
I installed new coil on handle release and filed down some rough edges on the lever.  the first, second, third coin in works consistently now.  I have an issue resetting hopper/payout unit after large payout, but I will open another thread since this is resolved.  Thanks for everyone’s help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal