New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reels keep spinning, E2226-23 Machine  (Read 651 times)

Offline Jay3361

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Jay3361 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Reels keep spinning, E2226-23 Machine
« on: January 02, 2021, 11:19:15 AM »
Hi, brand new guy here!  About 25 years ago I bought a Bally E-2000 series Electromechanical machine.  It worked flawlessly for years—until one day the reels just would NOT quit spinning.  I put it aside for a long time but now want to get it working again.

No error codes and everything else seems to work fine still, but after the handle pull, the reels spin until eventually they run out of energy and settle to a stop.  From the manual, I’m thinking it may be the kick switch.  Not sure though how to confirm that.  The manual just says to check it.  Any advice on how to do this?  And if it’s not the kick switch, what would be my next step?

Thanks!

NOTE: Opened a new thread under Bally Reel Games and marked this on solved.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:52:29 AM by Jay3361 »

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
Re: Reels keep spinning, E2226-23 Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:42:25 PM »
A little more detail now that I’m taking a fresh look at the machine.  Also corrected a typo above...(the reels will not stop spinning).

1. When I try test 3 (switch test), it displays “3. . . . . .”, but there’s no indication that a test is actually being conducted.  Aside from pressing the test switch 3 times, is there something else I need to do to activate the test?

2. When the reels are spinning, if I press the reset switch a couple times, it will actuate the reel stop, and they will lock up, ready for the next handle pull.

3. Sorry to even ask this and show the depth of my ignorance; when using a multi-meter, should the switch be plugged in or unplugged?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:08:19 PM by Jay3361 »

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:06:57 PM »
This is the wrong forum. We specialize in Bally EM's, not the electronic machines. I suggest you check the forum index to locate the one for the electronic machines.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
A little more detail now that I’m taking a fresh look at the machine.  Also corrected a typo above...(the reels will not stop spinning).

1. When I try test 3 (switch test), it displays “3. . . . . .”, but there’s no indication that a test is actually being conducted.  Aside from pressing the test switch 3 times, is there something else I need to do to activate the test?

2. When the reels are spinning, if I press the reset switch a couple times, it will actuate the reel stop, and they will lock up, ready for the next handle pull.

3. Sorry to even ask this and show the depth of my ignorance; when using a multi-meter, should the switch be plugged in or unplugged?

Download the free E series manual at my website under "helpful PDF's". Test 3 is looking for switches being actuated to view their codes.
For Arm and Kick manually actuate the handle release and pull the handle very slowly looking for the Arm then Kick 3 digit codes.
www.slotmachinerepair.com
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jay3361

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
This is the wrong forum. We specialize in Bally EM's, not the electronic machines. I suggest you check the forum index to locate the one for the electronic machines.

Sorry about that...I was under the impression this was an EM machine.  I’ll head to the other forum.  Thans.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal