New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Please Help!!! PAGING ALL EXPERTS!!! BALLY 1090-1 QUARTER SLOT  (Read 2214 times)

Offline KingZoltar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KingZoltar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Please Help!!! PAGING ALL EXPERTS!!! BALLY 1090-1 QUARTER SLOT
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 08:56:20 PM »
Great news boys!!!
i think i may have found the culprit. the new replacement coil seems to have a brass fitting on the end of it and when i installed it with the washer in place it doesn't leave enough room for the armature lock to come back towards the coil and release. i tried using it without the washer (since i cant remove the brass fitting) and while the coil still doesn't work (another issue i cant figure out why) the lock can be released manually, and allows the game to accept 2nd and 3rd coins and steps up normally and releases the handle lock and plays game normally. so now i have to figure out how to get the coil to function properly and if i can use a different washer or no washer all together. i  am attaching a few pics to show the issue. thanks for all your help Wolf and David , i really appreciate your time and effort in helping me get back to gaming in peace.
“Zoltar will give you a lot of wisdom,

Age is simply a matter of mind,

If you don’t mind my friend, it doesn’t matter.

Be careful like a little baby.”

Offline KingZoltar

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 09:02:50 PM »
more pics

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »
no washer needed.

on some of the newer manufactured coils, they molded the brass washer into the plastic so an external one is not necessary.

manually tripping the coin relay and having the coin switch work for the 2-3 coins means the coin switch and 50V is good.   One of the three highlighted switches or a plug connection in wire 92 in the below is not good.

do you know how to read the wire color codes (e.g. 23-1 is a blue/yellow wire)?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 06:54:16 AM »
Compare the old coil with the new.
As the new coil dimensions might not be exactly like the old coil.
Notice the clearance and absence of the conductor on the end of the coil.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 09:37:03 AM »
Photos of Bally type coil.

Offline KingZoltar

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 08:23:10 AM »
I am so grateful for all your help David Lee and wolftalk, truly I thank you guys, and without your guidance , and with covid being an issue, this slot would’ve just sat there not working for awhile.

I’m please to announce that the slot machine is back in 100% operational condition and is working better than ever. The end diagnosis besides the coil being bad was that that, one of the 2 round pins was slightly bent while diagnosing the coi(opps my bad) so when I put the reel assembly back in it pushed the connector pin out of the pin holder in the back connector. While chatting with David i noticed the problem and after reattaching the pin and straightening the reel pin connector VOILA!!!!. Deep down I know it must’ve been something simple as these electromechanical slots are very straightforward, and that’s why I love them.

Also since we were able to get it back operating mechanically I decided to clean and lube the entire machine, using CRS quick dry electronic cleaner throughly and after wiping everything down, using 3 in 1 oil to lubricate everything.

Thanks again for all your help and expertise my new life games family .

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal