New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No Payouts 1088  (Read 2545 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: No Payouts 1088
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 07:11:06 AM »
As previously mentioned.
The payout relay could need some attention. Check the wires/contacts that control the hopper motor in the payout relay stack.These are usually white/blue or sometimes solid green.

That is odd and rarely happens. Possibly the wires got caught on something and yanked off.

A schematic or photo would be a good reference.
In some case a little investigation with hi-powered magnifying head gear will help relocate wire position(s).
Wires/solder joints will match up, also the colors will indicate a position.

I’ll check later for a photo of the payout relay for a 1088.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 10:55:30 AM »
I added info about the 2 loose wires in reply 19 go to on hopper plug. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 11:10:08 AM »
Photos of payout relay wires.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
David, can you verify that the white/yellow wire solders where the red circle in pic is?  That's what I think I see in your pics.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
David,
can you verify that the green wire and grey w/white solder to tab circled red in pic?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »
David, can you verify that the white/yellow wire solders where the red circle in pic is?  That's what I think I see in your pics.

below is the schematic.

the yellow/brown wire is 36 and connects to two payout relay switches ... the bare wire connecting two blades together on the left.

one blade on the right should have a white/yellow wire 53-2 on it, and the other should have black/green wire 84.  If the switch contacts are the same type, it doesn't matter which switch has 53-2 and which has 84.  When the relay powers, 53-2, 84 and 36 are all connected together thru two different switches.

in david's pic, 53-2 is on the bottom switch and 84 is on the switch above it. 

in your pic, it looks like 84 is on the bottom and it kinda looks like it's connected to both switch blades ... is it?  If not, then 53-2 connects to the blade above the one with 84. 

except for jumper wires - usually solid black - two wires of different colors are almost never connected directly together.  When they did it, they labeled it "TIE" on the schematic.

if you don't have a total out meter, then 53-2 isn't used and can be left disconnected. 

your main issue was the white/blue wire broken off ... that's wire 52 and is the 120V power wire to the hopper motor.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:36:45 PM by wolftalk »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 02:01:04 PM »
Photos

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2021, 02:02:40 PM »
1 more photo.

AI turned the photos 90°

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 02:21:56 PM »
David,
can you verify that the green wire and grey w/white solder to tab circled red in pic?

a green wire would be 40 or 40-x.  A grey/white wire would be 95 or 95-x.

does the relay have a label?  If not, look at the wire colors on the relay coil to match to the schem.  Since your pic doesn't show the coil, a bit of hunting around for things that have those wire colors and a switch blade with a 47 ohm resistor attached finds the relay is the delay relay in the 120V circuit.

the grey/white wire is 95 and attaches to the switch with the other grey/white wire segment and resister as you circled, the green wire 40 goes to the bare wire connecting the two blades to the left of 95.

while I was typing david posted pics showing that. 

those wires look cut to intentionally disable the safety timeout that prevents dumping all the coins in the hopper if there's a payout issue.  You may want to leave them disconnected and verify the game is working, because if you reconnect them and there's an issue with the delay relay or safety motor, you'll  have the game shutting down during payout.

as a caution, when you are looking at pics of someone else's game, verify the model number is exactly the same.  (e.g. a 1088 and 1088-1 can be wired differently).  Then because serial plates and guts are sometimes swapped around, look at all the wiring you can see and make sure it matches.  In this case, it looked like wire 84 on the payout relay is different.  You are then rolling the dice on whether it works, and could fry a coil if really unlucky.

if your only problem was the broken white/blue wire not turning on the hopper motor, what should have happened when you got a winner is:

1] the game will not accept coins, so it's kinda locked up

2] the safety timer would eventually trigger and the game would completely shut down except a red neon light behind the hopper.  You know why that didn't happen :-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:44:30 PM by wolftalk »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 04:20:51 PM »
I was able to figure out where all the wires went with exception of white/yellow.  I put hopper in and it is making payouts and for the most part they are correct (I know it's adding an extra coin on many payouts but that's a problem for another day).

I can see in one of David's pics where his white/yellow is but my machine seems to be a bit different. I might put a jumper on the it and try a few spins.

On the schematic in an earlier reply shows the yellow/white (53) going to a total out meter.  I have a small meter in top of glass by the winner's paid, and there's also a counter in the front of reel #1.  Are either of these the total out meter?

Only real problem I had playing and paying was every 5 or 6 time I insert 1st coin the handle would not release and doesn't register the 2nd or 3rd coin.  I have to manually release handle a few times and then it's make to playing right for a few spins.

thanks all all your patience and help, greatly appreciated!!!!
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 04:45:15 PM »
The total out is below the first reel.

The extra coin could be linked to the coin pivot roller / arm.
Roller pivot contacts might be to close.
Set up a payout and observe what happens to the last coin near the pivot roller.
One could be slipping by or sticking in the chute.

Or the payout odds unit might need to be advanced slightly.
Thus causing the contacts to move off the metal strips one coin sooner.

Coin switch first link is the payout relay bottom left of the hopper.
The contacts might need cleaning.

BUT, try this first. Play the machine as best as possible for a good 30 minutes.
This will help free up any old lubricant and burn some of the contamination off the contacts.
It might run better afterwards.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 07:01:40 PM »

On the schematic in an earlier reply shows the yellow/white (53) going to a total out meter.  I have a small meter in top of glass by the winner's paid, and there's also a counter in the front of reel #1.  Are either of these the total out meter?

david already answered, but the snarky answer is the total out meter is the one with the white/yellow 53-2 wire on it :-)

I didn't include enough on the schem chunk above, but if you have the entire schem downloaded, the total out meter has 53-2 on one terminal and 63-2 on the other, so the sanity check is verify the other wire on the meter is brown/yellow.

brown is a awkward color ... sometimes it looks more tan than brown.

I think david covered everything else, yell if not.  One addition is whether you have the new or old style hopper.  If the hopper motor is under the hopper, it's new style and there's a brake mechanism on the motor rotor that can get sticky.  It needs to move freely as it's job is to immediately stop the rotor when the power is turned off.  That prevents the motor from coasting to a stop and possibly ejecting an extra coin.

someone recently dealt with a sticky brake and included pictures, so a search should pop it up.

old style hoppers have an arm with a plastic golf ball attached to detect coin level, new style hoppers use weight to determine when hopper is full.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 10:01:32 AM by wolftalk »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2021, 07:24:41 AM »
I do have the new style hopper, I'll check out the sticky brake topic.
I've been using a business card to clean the switches, can you guys recommend a better cleaning method.  Also I think I saw some tool/file for the beau plugs, any suggestions?  I'm guessing I have a few switches that need to be cleaned better since the handle doesn't release every time and the winner paid light didn't always come on after a win.
I hope it warms up a bit today so I can play/test the slot.
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 10:27:38 AM »
I played it for about 15 minutes before the cold got to me.  I was only playing one coin at a time.  Major problem is after a few spins the insert coin does not light, when I insert coin the coin accepted light comes on but handle does not release.  I have to manually release handle to spin, it may take one or two times manually releasing handle before the insert coin light comes back on.  As soon as it does then the handle is released after coining up.

I cleaned all the switches on hopper, I'm going to bring payout unit in house and clean those switches now.

Bob

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2021, 10:39:27 AM »

contact condition:
--------------------

if the switch contacts are:

- coated with a dry black powder, you don't need to do anything to clean them

- wet/oily or looking like they are shellacked, clean with a solvent like denatured alcohol.  You can also use a "plaststone" (see tools below).

- pitted/burned and are larger "hockey puck" shaped, you can file.  Put a file between and put pressure on.  You want to file both surfaces at the same time so they are parallel, and file until the contacts are flat and shiny. 

- pitted/burned and smaller contacts with one side domed and one side flat.   If they are gold colored, you're not really supposed to file these as they are "flashed" and filing will remove the surface coating.  However, if they are damaged to the point of not working, you have nothing to lose by trying.   Eventually you replace the blade with a new contact.

-------------------------------------------
tools - get from pinball parts suppliers:
-------------------------------------------

- switch adjuster.   A kit with a few shapes is handy if you can find one ... like this:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

- contact file
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

- plaststone (optional)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PLAST

---------------------
adjusting switches:
---------------------

- make sure the two screws fastening the stack are snug.  Snug the one closest to the switch blades first.   Don't crank too hard on them, they are soft and you can shear them. 

- use a switch adjuster tool right next to the stack to bend the non-moving blades.  If you use needlenose pliers or a flat screwdriver, again bend where the blade enters the stack.  If someone kinked the blades along their length, make sure they can't short to adjacent blades

- the goal of adjusting switches is to have "overtravel".  After the contact touch, the moving blade keeps going a little and pushes the other blade a bit.  This causes the contacts to slide across each other ... like your finger and thumb when you snap your fingers.  Makes a good, self-cleaning mechanical connection.  Overtravel works when the moving blade is being pulled/pushed by something like the slotted lifter on a relay.   Sometimes it's just blade tension pressing against another another blade and you can't get obvious overtravel.

- occasionally you need to bend the moving blade.  Use common sense.

- if a thinner blade has a fatter movement limiting bar blade next to it, the thin blade should lie pretty flat against the limit bar when the switch is open.

there must be youtube videos of all this stuff :-)  Usually when people have flaky switch behavior it's due to lack of overtravel. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:42:56 PM by wolftalk »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2021, 03:42:18 PM »
The machine won’t operate perfectly in colder climate.

Payout relay bottom left of the reels mechanism needs attention.
I might of said hopper in my last post, my mistake.

If the machine is in colder climate, let it set turned on for 30 minutes then play it.

Also check the coin in switch for freedom of movement. If it drags occasionally this might effect the handle release.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2021, 04:07:42 PM »
I had cleaned the payout relay and put reels back in but it still acted up every few spins.  I pulled the reels and connected them with jumper cables.  I played 15 or more spins and it seemed to be ok,  insert coin came back on after every spin, it accepted and registered the next coin, handle released and reels completed spin.  I've cleaned on the male beau pins but not the female side.  I'll try some electrical cleaner on them tomorrow and I may try to get it to a warm place. 
I'm going to look into buying something to clean them.
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2021, 04:29:48 PM »
Okay,

Seems everything is in working order.
Just the infrequent glitch, could be the climate.
The best indicator that the machine is completely warmed up, the reels glass will be warm.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
I had reels out and connected with the jumpers.  Whenever it goofed up, I would just cycle by pushing the air shock to spin the reels, usually after 3 or 4 times the insert coin light will come back on and then would accept coins.  I put reels back in and played until the problem came back, I then pulled/pushed on air shock and the insert light would come on.  Must be a problem with the set on switches behind air shock.  I've cleaned and am pretty sure they are adjusted properly.  I sprayed some electrical cleaner on them and then played for 10 minutes, seems to be getting better with the more I play it (which David had suggested/hinted).
I'm going to move it in the next few days to a warmer spot, that should help too.
thanks
Bob

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »
the switch behind the air cylinder is the dashpot switch.  That may cause problems with handle release, but it's not in the circuits for the insert coin lamp.

what is in the circuit and would jiggle if you messed with the main shafts via the air cylinder are the reel C switches on the left side.   C switches are vertical ... the ones in your second pic on the initial post.

can't see what wire colors are connected to the blades, but the lamp switch would have red/black and brown/yellow wires on the blades ... probably.

if you can run the reels outside the cabinet, when you have the problem poke the C switches.  You can use your finger, there's no 120V on any of them.  If that's not comfortable, use a chopstick or other wood/plastic thing to nudge the blades.

I guess if you have grease that is too thick at lower temps, that could affect where the C switches wind up a little bit, but it's more likely a dirty switch or one that's barely closing most of the time.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal