New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My First EM  (Read 3167 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: My First EM
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 10:19:16 AM »
great!

I'd epoxy a metal tab of some kind where the missing lug was.  If nothing convenient laying around, a short piece of solid copper wire would work

Offline RobinAK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 10:40:24 PM »
Okay. So I replaced the windings tonight. And its working just fine! I reinstalled it in the hopper and its working great. I was able to get the machine up and operating. I got a few bugs worked out and discovered a few more. The biggest issue is payouts are not spot on. Like on a 2 coin win it sometimes only gives one coin and a 20 coin win is only paying 18 every time i checked. Couple minor ones like bulbs. It was getting late so I called it the night. But all in all the machine is now operating. For just the little time I have been working on this machine I can say the EM's are pretty fun machines to work on.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 07:24:53 AM »
Great, you got the motor and the machine working.

The under pay could be linked to the payout step up unit.
It might be to far advanced causing the contacts to run off early.

Adjusting the black cam washer as to having the cam return a fraction further back could solve the problem.
Make note of the position of the washer prior to adjusting as a point of reference.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:13 AM »
in addition to what david said, verify the wipers are resetting all the way and not stalling, especially when resetting the payout counter from low pay positions.  You should not be able to push the wipers clockwise with your finger after resetting the unit.

if you rotate the black eccentric zero stop cam to shift the wiper reset position a little more clockwise, make sure the zero switch opens at reset and closes on the first step.   You can also step the unit manually and verify the wipers step off the traces at the right time.  Fiddling with the zero stop cam only effects the first step ... you need to make sure that two cam teeth aren't getting grabbed on the first step.  After the first step is good, if the wipers are not stepping off the traces on the right step, you have to loosen the contact plate and twist it a little to adjust when the wipers leave the trace ends.

finally, check that the trace ends aren't pitted/burned away by arcing.  If some are and some aren't, it can be difficult to get payouts correct.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 09:17:59 AM »
Another possibility would be the contact blade/finger(s).
Sometimes they get bent thus shortening or extending the length.
If all payouts are good except for one or two, this could be the problem.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »
Awesome! Thanks everyone. Ill look in to the payout issue over the coming weekend assuming I get the time to do so.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2021, 10:35:12 PM »
Okay so I got the payout issue resolved!  :dancing_2: It was a problem with the coins getting kicked off the wheel and back into the hopper but still triggering the payout pivot arm & switches. Thus counting a coin was paid but not spitting the coin out. After learning how everything works and checking for proper operation many many times, getting a feel for how problem was random. Usually 1 coin short but I found out sometimes it could be 2 or 3 on higher payouts after many tests. I was determined it had to be kicking coins back in the hopper as the payout wiper was always correct after any payout. Hopper works to fast to see it happen when watching it with a mirror. So I had my wife help me make a slow motion video with her Iphone and me holding a a mirror and light in the hopper. Here is the video link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDtZzm3DhnQ. So the cause is hard to see in this video as its not high rez as the org was. but the top shield on the kicker was rubbing the top of the coins and causing them to kick out and still trigger the pivot arm switch. a little bend was all that was needed. So now Ive learned a ton about these machines. Very cool and fun to work on. Ive ran several test now. Many wins spot on every time!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:31:29 AM by RobinAK »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2021, 07:09:34 AM »
Here is a link of a hopper functioning in slow motion.
As to capture the action sequences.

https://youtu.be/nBgRk7qHs2Y
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 07:36:06 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »
Here is a link of a hopper functioning in slow motion.
As to capture the action sequences.

https://youtu.be/nBgRk7qHs2Y
Haven't seen that one before. So in my video you can see an occasional coin flipping the switch arm but the coin was not exiting the hopper. Caused by the coins rubbing the top shield on the kicker arm  and then lifting slightly off the hopper shelf wheel just before contacting the switch arm. causing the coin to trigger the switch but also pop off and back in the hopper.  Adjusting the top shield on the kicker by bending it was the cure. My hopper was in the machine so I could not see the action without the mirror and even then things were moving too fast to see the problem. The slowmo video I made with the mirror captured the error. Once I saw the problem in action the fix was simple.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
Nice catch, couldn’t notice in the video.
A little lubricant in the pivot roller and pivot arm axis point is beneficial.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2021, 10:54:11 AM »
Nice catch, couldn’t notice in the video.
A little lubricant in the pivot roller and pivot arm axis point is beneficial.
Thx. It was starting to frustrate me but once we did the video to confirm my suspicions it all made sense.  That shield was just barely rubbing the top of the coins.  The little bit on pressure being applied to the top of the coin was causing it to slip off the knife edge just enough to make it hit the roller crooked. Yeah everything is lubed/cleaned up and working smooth. Second day now. Probably 60+ various wins. All spot on. Also manually tested each wining payout twice. No issues at all.   :dancing_2:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal