New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM 1046 Pay counter is not reseting after hitting JP 777  (Read 979 times)

Offline gabe873

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gabe873 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have a 1046 which some people tell me is an 873
Just got it from the neighbor ...it had been sitting ....its a dime machine
Some WD40 and compressed air and its started to come back to life

Anyway the thing was working perfectly and then like a jackass I manually invoked a 777 JP
It kept trying to pay out so we just kept filling it with coins till it stopped
On the next couple of pulls we hit a small jackpot like oranges and it payed way too much as if it was still on the 777 JP

I reset a couple of things and got it settled but there is one problem:
The payout counter will not reset to zero unless I pull it out and do it manually

Any advise would be appreciated
PS I dread to think what those JP's did to the payout counter it probably spun in circles at least 10 times

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally EM 1046 Pay counter is not reseting after hitting JP 777
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:49:47 AM »
Manually step up the payout unit. Then manually depress the the reset coil plunger.
Observe what happens, possibly solidified lubricant is slowly and or even stopping the return.
Also does the winner paid light stay on?

WD-40 is flammable and not recommended, best to clean moving parts with PB-BLASTER.
Then apply a light machine oil.
Some of the old Bally manuals recommended a certain type of grease.
With a side note that stated Vaseline would work.
Personally I just clean then lubricate with 3in1 oil and a light grease.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:36:51 AM »
according to my docs, the 1046 was made for Atlantic Associates (I think that mostly means cruise ships).

the 873-ZZM was also made for AA, and used the same reel tapes, payout counter, slotted reel index discs, reel wiper contact plate wiring and glass.  The only thing different on my list is the sign that could be mounted on top of the machine.

basically, they are the same machine, but there must be something different to give it a new model number.

do you have plastic molex plugs connecting the stuff in the top compartment to the cabinet? 

do you have a schematic for the 1046?  The paperwork for the 873-ZZM is on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

your 5th line 777 pays 200 coins?

the payout counter is usually physically able to step a little more than 200 times (2 revolutions of the wipers).  Games that needed to pay more than that either locked up for hand pay or did some tricks to be able to count more coins.  Sounds like your game stepped the 200 times for the jackpot but the payout counter didn't reset.  When the orange win happened, the wipers were on the trace for the orange win, but the unit couldn't step up enough to get off the end of the trace, so runaway pay.

if doing as David suggested shows no issues with stepping/resetting the wipers on the payout counter, there's only two switches and a plug connection in the reset coil circuit.  One of the switches is the zero switch mounted near the spiral on the payout counter.  Should only be open when the payout counter is reset.  It's job is to prevent powering the payout counter reset coil when the counter is already reset.  The switch must be closed when the payout counter is stepped up 1+ times.

if you get a chance to send as many highest possible res pictures of the machine to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll add them to the info on the web site.  Definitely need a pic of the entire front of the machine, then pics of the internals.

Offline gabe873

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
Hey I just absorbed this part thanks I'll try looking at this next

"One of the switches is the zero switch mounted near the spiral on the payout counter.  Should only be open when the payout counter is reset.  It's job is to prevent powering the payout counter reset coil when the counter is already reset.  The switch must be closed when the payout counter is stepped up 1+ times."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:57:18 PM by wolftalk »

Offline gabe873

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »
Thanks guys I tried to post a pic here earlier but it was too big
I'll email you some pics soon I have to get better lighting

Ya the payout counter mechanism is ok I've advanced and reset it manually several times and it seems fine

I'll take a look at the zero switch next and send you some pics

Thanks so much

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
the game will pay 200 coins on a 5th line 777 but the bell will stay ringing when it's done ... that's the subtle clue that an attendant needs to wander over and cough up the additional 800 coins directly in cash :-)

the 873's don't appear to lock up.  You can insert a coin and spin the reels to shut the thing up.  You can do that to abort the coin payout also.

it's possible the 1046 works differently tho.   

the cabinet looks like an 873, so the 1046 wasn't an external cosmetic difference.

Offline gabe873

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 07:20:46 PM »
Oh my god WOLFTALK YOU NAILED
It took me awhile to figure out what your talking about cuz I just started on this a week ago but you nailed it
the zero switch was bent in such a way that the connections wouldnt touch

Offline gabe873

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »
For anyone else that comes along this blog
here's a pic of the zero switch

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 07:48:21 PM »
It took me awhile to figure out what your talking about ...

just a while?  I'll have to increase my babbling efforts :-)

the picture size limits on this site are kinda annoying.  If ya send the highest res pictures to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll downsize the one with the zero switch and add it to your post.

Offline gabe873

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 07:54:05 PM »
sent

zero switch when payout counter reset below.  The zero stop needs fix/adjust as the wipers are reset too far clockwise.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:02:16 AM by wolftalk »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal