New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE+ Ceronix LCD Monitor Out of Sync  (Read 3433 times)

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wolfman_4_ever New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT PE+ Ceronix LCD Monitor Out of Sync
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »
I have a IGT PE+ Video Poker that I am converting to LCD. I purchased a Ceronix 15" LCD from Ceronix for the PE/PE+ machine.  Once I plug it in, I get an out of sync message.  I have a Rev A game board.  I have been working with Ceronix's on fixing the issue.  They have sent me multiple AD boards to test but still have the same issue.  I sent them my game board for them to try and get to work and they could not.  So they sent me back my original game board and suggested I ether get a newer game board or RMA the monitor. 

I went ahead and purchased a multi poker game board and it works fine with the old CRT.  The new multi poker game board is a rev D.  When I install the new Ceronix LCD I get the same issue.  and out of sync message on the monitor. 

Does anyone have any idea's on a fix?  Perhaps it's something else?  Ceronix's has been no help and wants me to RMA the LCD monitor.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT PE+ Ceronix LCD Monitor Out of Sync
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
just a thought, but isn't your old crt monitor CGA style? Possibly the new LCD monitor has a higher scan frequency spec, won't go low enough to lock to the CGA video signal coming from the mpu board. just a guess,,,,

Does Ceronix sell this LCD monitor as a replacement/upgrade for the PE+ machines? If so you'd think they would have tested it with one. Did they suggest that your mpu board is an older version and not compatible with their LCD monitors? That's probably not the problem, all versions of the PE+ mpu boards would have to work with the factory original monitors so they would seemingly have the same video output signal spec.

Would one of those video converters that takes a CGA video signal and converts it to a VGA video signal help? Potential problem is that the PE+ may use negative sync pulses (can't remember) and some newer style equipment uses positive sync, unless it has jumpers to deal with both pos and neg sync. Hopefully someone familiar with this can offer better help.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
The original is a CGA.  And yes, Ceronix's sells it as a direct replacement. https://www.ceronix.com/113-15-players-edge-upright.html

Ceronix's thinks the signal is too week to be picked up by their AD Board.  They said there is so many different versions of the game board that they cannot be sure if the monitor will work with all game board revisions.  I find it odd that it won't work with a newer multi poker rev d game board that I purchased just to see if it would fix this problem.  Like I said, they sent me different AD boards to try and I also sent them my original poker game board without any luck.  Hoping someone has an idea.  I can RMA the monitor and get my money back but am hoping for a fix. 

Ceronix's suggested I reach out to the community to see if someone else had the issue and had a fix.

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
I agree, it is odd it won't work with either mpu board you have. I wonder how many people have ordered that monitor from them and had the same problem. This A/D board they sent you, is that something that connects between the mpu board video output and the LCD monitor video input? Like an adapter board maybe, that they sell with the LCD monitor so it will hopefully work with the PE+?

Can you post a photo of the A/D board?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
I’m wondering if Ceronix has their machines confused. Don’t the early GK video pokers run a 15” CRT but they run the 3802 MPU Board. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a PE+ with an LCD other then the one that was installed by a member here a few years back. That involved a lot of work with a video converter and other wiring to make it work.
Is your CRT bad or going bad? I know where you could pickup a good used replacement if interested.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
Maybe the monitor is bad?  I upgraded my PEII+ to a LCD a couple of years ago.  I purchased it from Suzo Happ, their P/N is 49-11176-00, but it says the Mfg P/N is CPA3003.  I couldn't find that part number on the monitor anywhere, but I took a picture of the tag on the back.  It works great and I didn't have to do anything special after installed it.  Just some fine tuning on the screen position adjustments.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
More pics..

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
Thanks Tilt  :hail:  Maybe if he forwards this Ceronix picture off yours to Ceronix them self, then they can figure out the problem??
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »
I agree, it is odd it won't work with either mpu board you have. I wonder how many people have ordered that monitor from them and had the same problem. This A/D board they sent you, is that something that connects between the mpu board video output and the LCD monitor video input? Like an adapter board maybe, that they sell with the LCD monitor so it will hopefully work with the PE+?

Can you post a photo of the A/D board?

Yes, The AD Board connects between the mpu board video output/gameboard video output and lcd monitor.  It is attached to the rear of the monitor.  Here is a pic

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
I’m wondering if Ceronix has their machines confused. Don’t the early GK video pokers run a 15” CRT but they run the 3802 MPU Board. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a PE+ with an LCD other then the one that was installed by a member here a few years back. That involved a lot of work with a video converter and other wiring to make it work.
Is your CRT bad or going bad? I know where you could pickup a good used replacement if interested.

No, my CRT is not going bad.  I just wanted to upgrade it to an LCD for power savings.  As stated, I am running a newer mutigame mpu board with the same out of sync issue.(unless the 3802 mpu is something different).

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 01:15:14 PM »
Maybe the monitor is bad?  I upgraded my PEII+ to a LCD a couple of years ago.  I purchased it from Suzo Happ, their P/N is 49-11176-00, but it says the Mfg P/N is CPA3003.  I couldn't find that part number on the monitor anywhere, but I took a picture of the tag on the back.  It works great and I didn't have to do anything special after installed it.  Just some fine tuning on the screen position adjustments.

I sent them my original draw poker mpu board and they had the same issue with out of sync.  This is why I purchase a new multigame board because they recommended a newer mpu/gameboard.  My new gameboard looks just like yours.

Yes, I have the CPA3003 as well.  On your monitor, the SN# starts with 3003 designating a cpa3003.

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
More pics..

My game board looks the same as you can see by my pics in the first post above.  If you look at the sticker on the board the numbers are the same except the last 4 numbers and 3 letters.  The same is 75703404 Rev D but mine then says 4293 PCA and yours says  04940 GTC  Thoughts?

I am attaching a pic of our mpu/gameboards side by side, mine on the left and yours on the right, as well as my sticker on my ceronix monitor

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
That's really odd.  Mine was literally plug and play. 

Can you access the onscreen menus on the LCD?  The only one I saw that may matter is setting that says H/V Sync Switch.  Mine shows ON Active.

I'm just speculating here, but I think those numbers after the Part/Rev number are a date code.  4293 being the 42nd week of 1993.  0494 being the 4th week of 1994, which is close to the rest of the dates I see on other tags in the machine.  The three digits may be the initials of the the individual who assembled/inspected the machine.  Best guess I have. 

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:32:23 PM by Tilt »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »
That is an idea that in the menu option there may be a setting for the video output. I did have to do something similar to my GK when I installed it.
And remember...

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
I GOT IT TO WORK!!

It was dip switch 1 on the game board.  Going through the menu's on the gameboard (white switch) I noticed it said dip switch 1 was set to 1 (or on) meaning 50Hz.  The rest of the dip switches are not used.  I set it to 0 (or off) for 60Hz and the LCD fired right up!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 04:53:36 PM »
Good job! I guess that 50Hz setting didn't affect the old crt monitor. You may want to pass the "fix" info to the Ceronix techs so they can help anyone else with the same problem that buys their LCD upgrade screen for the PE+.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 05:01:25 PM »
WOW!  Glad you got it working!  :applause: I didn't even think about that since it worked with the CRT installed.  I'm surprised Ceronix techs didn't know that either.  Like rokgpsman said you may want to contact them and let them know. 

Enjoy your new LCD!

Offline wolfman_4_ever

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »
Yup, already emailed Ceronix the info.

I have been trying to get this monitor working for a month and a half.  Glad it's working now.

Thanks again.

Dave

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »
I'm a little surprised their monitor doesn't work both 50/60Hz.  It would be disappointing for someone in Europe to buy one and find that out the hard way.

It's also seems odd that you had two MPU board set up for 50Hz, or did you change the second board switch settings to match the first?  I'm sure the Rev A board you have will work with it now too, and it's always good to have spare parts.

Just for the heck of it I turned switch #1 on my MPU board to the ON position (50Hz) and got the same message you've seen for too long.  A white background with a box that says "Out of Range" then disappears after a few seconds leaving you with a total white screen.

Thanks for posting the resolution to your problem, I'm sure it may help save another PEII owner some grief down the line.

BTW, on my MPU all the the dipswitches are in the OFF position.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
Hey that’s great news  :cool_thumb_up:  Just goes to show that even the experts don’t know what’s wrong. That’s why here at NLG we tend to bounce things off each other. More times then not we get the job done. Don’t be a stranger, come back by a have a beer  :drinker: 

New Life Games does run off of donations. Feel free to drop some change in the collection box.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal