New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS NXT Touchscreen Issue  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
WMS NXT Touchscreen Issue
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »
I just installed the CPU/NXT board in my old 550 and upgraded all the wiring and power supplies, cleared the ram and tried to install Super Jackpot Party. Everything works fine until its time to configure the settings, then I run into "Touch Screen Error".

Now I do have an old monitor that is about to putz out, but it works on my other 550 still. It is a Kristel monitor.  I tried both monitor settings during the ram clear process (Default and Legacy (WG models)) but still get the menu to load up but no touch screen response.

Any ideas?
jrr922
« Reply #1 on: 17-10-2013, 17:31:14 »
i'm having the same issue with my wms. Did you figure it out? If so give me idea please thankx
lencinas
« Reply #2 on: 17-12-2013, 02:01:18 »
I've had an intermittent problem that has gotten worse over time. I have a 17" LCD Happ touchscreen kit in my 550.
In normal game mode the machine reboots itself from time to time. When it does this I have pulled up the history log and noticed that there is a touchscreen comm error when the reboot happens. I've notice that if I get the machine up and into the menu system it does not reboot itself. Only if in game play mode. While in the menu I can go to touch calibration and calibrate it just fine. In other words, the screen is responded to touch and the machine is also receiving that touch command in the correct location. I opened the back of the LCD metal case which contains a video control board and the 3M micro touch module. Checked all those connections, checked the harness connection to the chassis. Also check the ribbon interface to the touchscreen screen. The machine being hot or cold doesn't seem to make it any better or worse.

Before I change out the 3m Microtouch I wanted to ask if anyone has had this error before?
billythekid
« Reply #3 on: 17-12-2013, 11:52:21 »
You have a weak 12v rail on your power supply.  That has been my usual culprit when I get the reboots and touchscreen errors, especially if the touchscreen is powered by the main power supply and not the lcd assembly.
rickhunter
« Reply #4 on: 17-12-2013, 19:04:42 »
That would be the main 550 power supply, not the kit add on power supply that powers the NXT board. I assume that since the micro touch in inside the LCD chassis and powered through the cabinet monitor harness it's running off the main power supply. If I understand you correctly, that 3M micro touch module could be powered from
An independent power supply and possibly resolve the issue if it's related to 12v input voltage.

I've done a lot of power supply board replacement on my Williams 401 reel slots, are the 550 boards more readyly available? I recall them looking very similar only different mounting orientation from the 400's.
billythekid
« Reply #5 on: 17-12-2013, 21:12:43 »
What kit add on power supply are you referring to?  In all the NXT conversions I have seen, the only difference is the inclusion of an auxiliary power cable that splits out of the main 24 pin power harness from the power supply to the backplane, if you are missing this aux power cable that plugs into the 8 pin molex on the NXT board, you will also get random reboots.  Since I am no familiar with the Happ version of the LCD kit, I didn't know if it was powered independently by it's own power supply, if that is the case, then most of the time the touchscreen controller board is powered by that power supply, but you will have to look at the wiring to see where the 3m controller is getting power from.  It has been my experience that the random reboots is almost always the 12 volt line on your main power supply no providing enough amperage during certain functions.
rickhunter
« Reply #6 on: 17-12-2013, 22:03:03 »
Thanks Rick, I double checked and aux power box I was referring to is actually and inline 120v filter I believe. As it goes between the wall and the main power supply input. Yes, there is a set of wires coming off the main PS directly into the molex input on the NXT board. Since the 3M is powered off the main cabinet harness I'm going to try giving it it's own dedicated 12v as a test. Thanks for the insight.
billythe kid
« Reply #7 on: 17-12-2013, 23:03:37 »
That alone may not stop your reboots.  I would check the power supply and re-cap or put in a new one.  The reboots are the first sign the power supply is borderline.
rickhunter

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal