New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2 - Bios Level - Solved  (Read 13750 times)

Offline teamclark4

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • teamclark4 New User barely matters.teamclark4 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
BB2 - Bios Level - Solved
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »
Have a BB2 CPU that i'm putting in my BB1 dual screen.  Is there a similar issue like there is on the BB1 where there are potential bios incompatibilities based upon the OS card level?

If i put in Dean Martin Wild Party it uses a 512mb game CF and a 256mb OS CF (sssg-1220 - family e1.11). It boots fine to the config screen.

If i put in Dashing Dolphins, which is is a 512mb game CF and a 512mb OS CF (sssg-1691 - family H13.30). it goes all the way to the point where it is about to load the Blue Configuration screen; but instead i get a black screen and it says "connecting to gamemgr...". It just hangs there. This game and os work in my BB1 CPU, original WMS CF Cards.

I have tried other 512mb os cards in that H13.xx family and they all do the same thing (connecting to gamemgr...) , and have also tried other games like  Golden Emporer (that use that same H13.xx family).

The bios chip says "sbot-00002 - 3000". Is that the latest i need for the BB2 for those H13.xx games ? Do i need to roll back to a 2000 version like on the BB1 ?

Thanks for any feedback.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:35:49 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB2 - Bios Level
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »
You have the latest bios provided that the chips has what the sticker says it does, and yes some OS' don't work on the earlier bios.  Do you have 2GB of Ram on your bb2 mpu?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:00:31 PM »
1gb.. I notice that a lot of the bb2 games need 2gb; but figured dashing dolphins should load fine since it worked on my 512mb BB1...

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
Your main door switch is open right? Did these games work on a bb1?

Rick, why would 2gb memory matter when these games run on BB1s? Not being a jerk, just asking. :)
-------
Charles

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
right, worked on the BB1 yesterday. If i put in the Dean Martin Wild Party it boots to the config fine (256mb os e1.11). So that's why i was leaning towards a possible os level issue.

Offline coaster

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • coaster New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »
Dashing Dolphins needs 2 gig of memory to run.Thats strange it ran on a BB1.My list shows it as a BB2 game only.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 06:17:54 AM »
I am not entirely sure if it does require 2GB or not.  But it is something to try.  All my bb2 boxes have been upgraded to 2GB, and I have never had issues with any games loading.  From what you describe, it is the only different thing from my setup.  Also memory requirements are different between bb1 and bb2, just because it works on a bb1 with 512MB doesn't mean it will run on a BB2 with 1GB, you can't always use that as a guideline.   Just out of curiosity, what clear are you using?  I will try and go find a 1GB stick to put into a bb2 and try to load the game you are trying to see if I get same results, but I want to use the same things you are using.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 06:36:28 AM »
Dashing Dolphins needs 2 gig of memory to run.Thats strange it ran on a BB1.My list shows it as a BB2 game only.

Yes. It runs like complete ass on a BB1.
-------
Charles

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:42 AM »
Dashing Dolphins uses SSSG1681, H13.31, sssg-1691 - family H13.30 is wrong.  Try it with SSSG1681.  With a BB2, some of the older games will only work with SSSG1683 or less.  Also, are both PC boards in your BB2 CPU all blue of is one of them green?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 08:10:13 AM »
Thanks for the responses guys.

Jeff, The Dashing Dolphins with the SSSG-1691 does work on my BB1; yes it's about unplayable it's so slow but it work. I will try scaling back to 1681 and try it again.  Both the boards are blue.

Rick, I have ordered a 2gb memory stick; because i will need it anyway; but if you find out that 1gb does not do the job and you have similar "connecting to gamemgr" hangups then that would be evidence that it's the problem. The clear i'm using is my same 64mb 1810; which on the BB2 i always get to the green "cleared" screen; and Dean Martin Wild Party loads; so i'm under the impression that the 512mb version of the BB2 clear i've seen is more for the upper level BB2 dongle games ?

FYI, i have nothing plugged into the BB2 cpu except the upper VGA lcd cable and the lower DVI lcd cable.

Jurisdiction chip is Illinois.

Trying SSSG1681 next.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 08:17:46 AM »
Are the game cards and OS cards original?

The 512 - 1851 Clear card is faster and doesn't load up the green screen. I recommend finding one if you change your games a lot... like I do...lol
-------
Charles

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »
The game and os cards are WMS cards; though i've restored different games and os for my testing. The same WMS CF cards will load in my BB1, i just reverified that, so i know the cards are good.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 08:36:27 AM »
Unplug top monitor cable from CPU

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
Wow, a whole wasted day troubleshooting the BB2 boot problem. Still no resolution, seems like  my only chance is when i get my 2gb memory stick on Tuesday if it will load then. I have done basically everything i can think of.

This is what i've done today, with no luck.  :Scratch-Head:

- unplugged top LCD
- used 1851 clear chip, instead of 1810
- tried 10 other WMS cards, for both game and os. Tried multiple games (all using 512mb game and 512mb os).
- Dean Martin Wild Party (256mb os), still will load fine.  Doesn't help me with the all the 512mb os BB2 games though.
- Tried the BB2 cpu in a different BB1 machine
- new nvram batteries
- swapped jurisdiction chips to known good one
- swapped the 1gb memory stick with another i had (same specs) from a laptop.
- reseated BB2 components
- Don't have a 2nd BB2 cpu to further rule out things.

So it's stopping right at the point where it tries to load the blue configuration screen (ie.. connecting to gamemgr message).  No errors, no jackpot-reset key response, door switch is open, just hangs there.

It seems like those 512mb os's are wage-net? Unless i'm thinking of something different.  It's as if it's looking for some type of connection (network or otherwise) and can't find it; like i don't have something connected to the backplane that i should (though remember Dean Martin loads fine on the same BB2).  Or it can't load the game into the 1gb memory. Though the same game loads into my 512mb BB1. Maybe the BB2 allocates memory differently? I just find it hard to believe that the base BB2 that comes with 1gb wouldn't load a BB1/BB2 game (the earliest ones made for a BB2).

Or i have a glitched up BB2 cpu; but the fact that Dean Martin works makes me think that's not the problem.

Open to any more suggestions. I think i've tried everything except the bios chip, which my eprom reader won't accomodate. [size=78%] [/size] :pull_hair:

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 04:20:43 PM »
How long are you waiting.??

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
On the "connecting to gamemgr" a good 20 - 30 minutes.. 

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
On the "connecting to gamemgr" a good 20 - 30 minutes..

No fail to trigger timeout???

Leave it on "connecting to gamemgr" and go grab a bite to eat, see what happens.

What version of OS have you tried?

Bryan

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »
Put a 1GB memory dim and the game loaded up with no issues.  I used OS1696 as it was the one I had handy.  I have a 19" bottom monitor and a 22 inch top, which only displas a blue wms logo screen.

Offline teamclark4

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »
Thanks for checking.. i don't specifically have os1696 but have other ones that are mated to its game (like Golden Emporer os 1681). I'm getting the impression that with all the testing and troubleshooting; leaning towards a glitched BB2 cpu.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
Just curious, in the lower left hand corner of the main board there is a WMS logo with a copyright date.  Is yours 2006 or 2008?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal