New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: advice  (Read 5263 times)

Offline DDay

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DDay New User has no influence.
  • NLG
advice
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:26:28 AM »
Looking to buy a video slot.

Need advice on:

most versatile platform (i.e. ability to change out games)
availability (software, info, and parts)
playability (games that you can play without being bored after 30 minutes)
wow factor

I'm guessing the Bluebird platform; but, which game to get and is there a software version/board series that I should look for

thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GameKingSlots Is looked down upon.
  • NLG
Re: advice
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
Email sent. We have a wide variety of slots we can help you with. The bluebirds are extremely fun as well as the Game Kings and super Star poker.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »
WMS Bluebird for sure. The wow factor comes in with upgrading to a NXT2 mpu so you can run a lot of the newer games.

A more versatile platform would be a Bally Alpha. No need to match the games with OS cards and you can play some "Alpha 2" titles on a Alpha 1 1gig board. Also, no need to $400+ on dongle games, as Bally doesn't do that.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
I think the WMS video titles are better than any bally alpha 1 title.  Now if we get into the alpha 2 stuff, then we are talking, but the budget explodes exponentially to get into that platform.  BB1 is a very good entry platform, hundreds of quality games that can be had with relative ease.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
 :I_agree_1:
WMS Bluebird for sure. The wow factor comes in with upgrading to a NXT2 mpu so you can run a lot of the newer games.

A more versatile platform would be a Bally Alpha. No need to match the games with OS cards and you can play some "Alpha 2" titles on a Alpha 1 1gig board. Also, no need to $400+ on dongle games, as Bally doesn't do that.

Offline DDay

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 05:34:12 AM »
Which game to start with if I go bb1? Want something fun which you won't get bored with quickly.

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 05:46:34 AM »
Popular games are

Monkees
Dean Martin
Zeus
Goldfish
and im sure there is more..

It not hard to change out games if you decide you would like more. 

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 06:11:47 AM »
Which game to start with if I go bb1? Want something fun which you won't get bored with quickly.
Whats your approx budget? A BB1.5 (NXT2 mpu) with OLED deck, dual screen 19's etc would be a machine that I think would never get old or boring, but will run ya $1500-$1800 depending on location.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 06:37:47 AM »
Whats your approx budget? A BB1.5 (NXT2 mpu) with OLED deck, dual screen 19's etc would be a machine that I think would never get old or boring, but will run ya $1500-$1800 depending on location.

Please tell me where to buy one (or several) at this price, I don't want any cobbled together mismatched cabinet tops or nothing either, but OLED and Dual Screens with a CPU-NXT-2 for that price would be sweet

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 06:44:29 AM »

Please tell me where to buy one (or several) at this price, I don't want any cobbled together mismatched cabinet tops or nothing either, but OLED and Dual Screens with a CPU-NXT-2 for that price would be sweet
Scroll down to BB1.5. OEM conversion from what I was told when I inquired about them.

And I'm sure they would discount if you bought more then 4 or so.

http://www.spininc.com/williams

Offline GameKingSlots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 06:52:30 AM »
Harvs

For that price Im sure your getting a untested as is machine. Id be skeptical of buying that type of machine so low.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 06:57:47 AM »
Harvs

For that price Im sure your getting a untested as is machine. Id be skeptical of buying that type of machine so low.
From what I was told they are powered up, but if you want them fully set up (plug and play when you get it) it costs an extra $200.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:41 AM »
Well heck, I am already cheaper on my BB-2 then that and waaaaaay cheaper on the slant tops. On the 1.5 Dual Screens good deal for sure.. I believe they may have some I looked at last month, wondered who won them. But this is what hurts when not clear about what you are getting, not a cleaned up, shopped out retail ready machine. Wonder if they will yield calls for support on them at that price.?? I know many Fl sellers to the trade advertise as low as, but that is on big purchase not 1 or 2 or 4 but more like 12 or 20

Offline DDay

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 07:37:05 AM »
1500 to 1800 about there.

And don't want a machine built from spare parts.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:36 AM »
Well heck, I am already cheaper on my BB-2 then that and waaaaaay cheaper on the slant tops. On the 1.5 Dual Screens good deal for sure.. I believe they may have some I looked at last month, wondered who won them. But this is what hurts when not clear about what you are getting, not a cleaned up, shopped out retail ready machine. Wonder if they will yield calls for support on them at that price.?? I know many Fl sellers to the trade advertise as low as, but that is on big purchase not 1 or 2 or 4 but more like 12 or 20
I was just going off info I was given. At that time it was for a single machine and it was $1600 powered up, loaded to game (but not set up) and without shipping costs (not sure where the OP is from, and maybe he could avoid shipping?).

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, I just posted because I think a BB1.5 is a great machine that doesn't get old, which the OP was asking about.

Offline DDay

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 07:48:57 AM »
Thanks to all

Appreciate the discussion. Just trying to learn more before I buying.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »
I went with a BB1 chop top.  Did end up putting in SPN hardware working some trades about a month later for games that have HHSR/Hot Hot Penny feature.  I also ended up putting in 1$ token hardware for coin in/coin out...hopper, coin tray, coin mech, etc.  TITO is a must.  If you're into "bling", door locks, toppers are pretty sweet, and you can dress up the player tracking panels by putting in a Bally Mastercom system.  I recently set all of my machines up...see here: 
<a href="http://youtu.be/olPsUDFna-4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/olPsUDFna-4</a>

As the other guys have stated, the sky's the limit concerning options.

Games?  Hundreds.  So far I'm rocking Dean Martin's Wild Party, Super Jackpot Party, Zeus II (HHSR), and Wolverton.  John Wayne is next up. 

Have fun!  WMS BB really is a great platform!

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »
Jim (Blueridge) is correct.

His stuff is less expensive and waaaaay better quality than those "factory folks"!!

His tech support line is also very helpful............... :odie:

Just saying.............

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal