New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: oled button panel fw version mismatch  (Read 15762 times)

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
oled button panel fw version mismatch
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
I have an oled panel that was working in a bb1 machine, OS 9.26  SSSG-1471.
I cleared & changed the game to OS13.34 SSSG-1696.
When the game came up. I got this version mismatch error. I tried clearing & installing the original game again, but the error returned. with numerous game changes, I have never had this happen before.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: oled button panel fw version mismatch
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:56:26 PM »
Is this on a bb1 machine still, just with the 1696 OS?  If so, the bb1 cpu does not flash the newer firmware on to the OLED panel.  You will need a bb2 mpu to do it or the flash utility from WMS to flash the newer firmware to the OLED.  Frankly though, all games I tried that use the 16xx os series, do not work with the OLED panel on a bb1 mpu.  I could only get the SSG14xx series of games to work with it.  Do you have an cpunxt2 mpu?  If you don't, then the question becomes what are your waiting for?  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:14:17 PM »
Yes, ( I missed that part... :Tongue_Out:) I used & cleared the BB2 mpu for the 16.96 game, and I got the same mismatch error. I thought that would correct it, but no go.
Thanks!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:23:03 PM »
If you put a standard deck back in and clear/reload, will the game boot again?  So are you saying that the OLED deck is now flashed with FW that is incompatible with games that were previously working with older OLED firmware?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:29:46 PM »
Yes, ( I missed that part... :Tongue_Out: ) I used & cleared the BB2 mpu for the 16.96 game, and I got the same mismatch error. I thought that would correct it, but no go.
Thanks!

So I don't understand now what OS/Game/MPU combination are you using now?  If you used a 16bx firmware it will lock your OLED panel to that firmware.  You will need the WMS OLED utility to manually flash down to an older version of the firmware.  I believe, but I'm not sure as I don't have the OS, there is a newer OS that will flash a version of the firmware that can be downgraded using the older OS. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
I have 2 other oled panels that work correctly with either OS. I have not had any issues installing/using these panels until today. I just don't understand what caused the mismatch?
When I cleared the BB2, and used the 1696 which is what the panel should have had installed,
It still gives the mismatch error.

If you put a standard deck back in and clear/reload, will the game boot again?  So are you saying that the OLED deck is now flashed with FW that is incompatible with games that were previously working with older OLED firmware?

Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »
Where can I find the oled utility to fix, or check the panel?
Thanks!
Yes, ( I missed that part... :Tongue_Out: ) I used & cleared the BB2 mpu for the 16.96 game, and I got the same mismatch error. I thought that would correct it, but no go.
Thanks!

So I don't understand now what OS/Game/MPU combination are you using now?  If you used a 16bx firmware it will lock your OLED panel to that firmware.  You will need the WMS OLED utility to manually flash down to an older version of the firmware.  I believe, but I'm not sure as I don't have the OS, there is a newer OS that will flash a version of the firmware that can be downgraded using the older OS.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 04:20:44 AM »
I have 2 other oled panels that work correctly with either OS. I have not had any issues installing/using these panels until today. I just don't understand what caused the mismatch?
When I cleared the BB2, and used the 1696 which is what the panel should have had installed,
It still gives the mismatch error.

Jason

Try using SSSG-000-16CJ OS H 13.471 on the BB2 to see if it will unlock the panel.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 06:50:47 AM »
If you want to go back to 14XX try using a SSSG1480 or a SSSG1490.  If you used a 16B1 thru 8, or a 16BA and B the deck is locked.  You can try a 16BF with the BB2 cpu or a 16CJ (on ebay) to reflash it and then use a 1480 or 1490 to get back to using it with a BB2 CPU, then switch back to the BB1 CPU.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
Well I have been working on the panel, got it re-programed,(Thanks Rick)
and it is working! Installed it in the BB2, Played it for the evening, no problem. Turned it off for the night.

I Turned on the machine today, waited for it to fire up and I get the call attendant message.
Turn the JP key and I get the message below.

Assert Fail, Number of buttons do not match the panel.

It worked perfectly all evening. Nothing was changed.
I did notice just before the error, the only button that was lit / working, was the service button.
all the rest were dark.
It almost seems like the buttons lost there memory.....
Any ideas? 
Thanks everyone!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
Try a different USB port.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »
No change in different USB ports.
I can download the firmware no problem, and it checks out ok.
If I cut the power, plug the panel back in, recheck it, it only shows button 1 & 2 as still programed.
I can swap the buttons around on the same panel, put them in the 1,2 spots, and I get the same results. So I am thinking it must be something with the panel its self?
Thanks everyone!
Try a different USB port.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »
Sounds like you have a bad board.  Is this the button deck you got from that seller on ebay?

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 07:12:22 PM »
Yes, I already contacted them.
It sounds like they are going to take care of it
Sounds like you have a bad board.  Is this the button deck you got from that seller on ebay?

Offline mckenzieb

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mckenzieb New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
On all WMS OLED panels there are 2 sets of firmware loaded.  The first set is the Panel itself.  The second is for the buttons themselves.  The large Repeat Bet button is the master button and does most of the controlling for the whole panel.  When you install certain games they will automatically upgrade the button panel in order for it to work.  Other times you have to manually downgrade the panel yourself or upgrade the panel yourself to fix the problem.  WMS does make a utility and I do have it available with the firmware if you would like to send me your email I can email it to you.  The only items to know when reprogramming the panels.

If upgrading, download panel, then download buttons.
If downgrading, download buttons first, then download panel.

This is done via USB.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 05:52:42 AM »
He is already using the WMS software you mention, look at the screen shots he posted above.

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • T New User barely matters.T New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 10:06:55 AM »
Yes, I already contacted them.
It sounds like they are going to take care of it

I was wondering what happened on your board? Was it a bad board or just need re-flashed? The reason I ask is because I installed an OLED recently and had no issues until I ran Zeus 2. The screen went through the motions of re-flashing I think (first time I had seem this). It did work that evening but the next day when I fired up machine it went through all the motions but would not get to the game.

After clearing and trying to re-load game I got the "mis-match error" also. Finally I ran Lord Of The Rings Game with SSSG-000-16F0. It re-flashed and all is good. I tried several other newer games and all is good.

My question is: Do I dare attempt to run Zeus 2 again? Maybe I need to watch closely what OS I am putting in? Can I run Zeus 2 run on the SSSG_OOO_16F0. I am modifying this post to say I had run Zeus 2 the first time with H9.26 which looked like it re-flashed the system. Does that sound right? When I ran H9.25 I could get nowhere.

Can someone briefly explain the difference in OLED firmware versions? Like what games work with 2.03....3.02....and 3.9? And what I can do to possibly avoid the version mis-match?
Just would like to clear up the cob webs about this stuff if possible

Thanks for your help guys
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:36:54 PM by T »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
Typically games in the H9.x family uses OLED firmware version 2.x, and H13.x family uses firmware version 3.x.  I believe that certain OS version in the H13.x family flash the deck so that it cannot be downgraded by the OS boot process and needed to be downgraded using the WMS USB oled program, but there is a later version of the H13.x family that will flash to 3.x and can be downgraded to 2.x during the normal boot process.  Somebody will probably chime in with the correct OS versions to use for these.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • T New User barely matters.T New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »
It did not cover it for me. I have this working for the most part. Just not sure why. My main question was: How do I run Zeus 2 without this mismatch stuff.? If there is an answer above I am not seeing it but, I am looking through blinders on this stuff because I have very little ...experience with all the  versions etc, and this OLED Board

Already covered this above

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7503.msg40073#msg40073

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal