New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s2000 hair puller  (Read 9323 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: s2000 hair puller
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 05:55:11 PM »
Ok, was just curious if you'd changed the 3 together or not as a bad display would wreck the IO again at power up. Sorry, I forget, does the display work in another machine? Try starting machine with all other netplax devices unplugged like the printer, bv, etc...

Worst case scenario I guess is maybe change the wiring harness in the door and/or machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 06:18:43 PM »
I know you said the MPU works in a different machine but have you tried a different MPU in the problem machine?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 07:03:01 PM »
Ok, was just curious if you'd changed the 3 together or not as a bad display would wreck the IO again at power up. Sorry, I forget, does the display work in another machine? Try starting machine with all other netplax devices unplugged like the printer, bv, etc...

Worst case scenario I guess is maybe change the wiring harness in the door and/or machine.
that's my next step I use a meter  from power dist board to door everything checked good , going to do  door wiring 1st thinking what ever took out I/o board might have  did in a wire
thanks

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
I know you said the MPU works in a different machine but have you tried a different MPU in the problem machine?
yes 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
I had a bad 9 line display once and cooked 3 IO boards before figuring out the display was shorted, learned my lesson the expensive way, lol

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 06:42:59 AM »
I had a bad 9 line display once and cooked 3 IO boards before figuring out the display was shorted, learned my lesson the expensive way, lol
that was one of the 1st things I swapped out , we moved every display to another game and its works fine

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 08:03:03 AM »
Well, I'm perplexed, time to try the wiring harness or scrap the machine for parts before you go bald. There really isn't anything else it could be...

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
Well, I'm perplexed, time to try the wiring harness or scrap the machine for parts before you go bald. There really isn't anything else it could be...
[/uote]
soon as I get my ass in high gear I'll swap wiring has to be something on door , I hope

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
changed all wire going to and on door and buttons and I/o board holders still the  same  I"m going to try another back plane on weds

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
Before you pull that mother board, confirm that all the connectors are properly seated & in the right place. I once helped Jason figure out a voltage problem. One of his MB connections was unplugged. It is also possible to plug one in wrong as several connectors are the same size. You should be able to make comparisons with a working machine. Good luck.

:newyear: 
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »
was mother board  one I changed  must have been bad also
thanks for all the  help
have a great new year

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
Congrats!  :-)  This one was a real bitch.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »
You can't say that in this part of the forum, you have to say "this one was a real mother-in- law"

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »
I hate it when replacement parts are also bad they really throw you for a loop. Especially the mother board since they are a PIA to change.
Glad you got it working I thought it was destined for the scrap heap.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2015, 06:40:21 PM »
wife was more happy  than me, machine was cleaned and was in mint shape  , the mother board I put in was out of a cabinet the  was damaged in shipping  , main thing its working
happy new year

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2015, 11:36:56 PM »
You can't say that in this part of the forum, you have to say "this one was a real mother-in- law"

Uh, yah....cause us "bitches" stick together! Oh yah, just remembered I'm the only one (bitch) on here!  :24: :24

Nah, you guys feel free to speak as you wish! No one will get offended, and I won't tell anyone!  :wave:

Roz
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 01:39:45 AM »
It's all good Roz, I know lot's of women who would happily agree with me in reference to their own mother-in-laws, my exwife included, lol

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 06:27:32 AM »
I had a S+ with no display. Drove me crazy. After checking everything, I finally noticed the SP and SS chips were in the wrong locations. Both chips were shot, but I had some extra's. I wonder if a clear would have done anything for Steve? Like someone else said, the mother boards rarely go bad.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 11:50:11 AM »
I had a S+ with no display. Drove me crazy. After checking everything, I finally noticed the SP and SS chips were in the wrong locations. Both chips were shot, but I had some extra's. I wonder if a clear would have done anything for Steve? Like someone else said, the mother boards rarely go bad.
the mpu was good it worked in another cabinet  and I did clears a few times

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal