New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Konami k2v games?  (Read 664 times)

Offline Chevellebbc

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Chevellebbc New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Konami k2v games?
« on: January 17, 2024, 06:41:46 PM »
Hello group, I’m looking to see just what all I can get for this k2v upright.  The housing is that of money blast and I would have been excited to get that but it’s in fact the African diamond.  I’ve seen the one below of multiple games. Is this available and if so for my machines setup?  Photo is an example of what I’m after.

Offline Dvbit2017

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Dvbit2017 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Konami k2v games?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 05:25:38 PM »
I have a podium k2v and in order to get the multi game (Selexion) we have to change the mother board to a KP3. The multigame will not work with K2V. The cost of a full KP3 mother board is roughly ~$700 on ebay. The multigame set is $300+. Someone jump and let me know if I'm wrong on this upgrade

Offline Chevellebbc

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 06:01:02 PM »
Appreciate the reply here, I’ve since bought a podium as opposed to modifying the kv2 cabinet as I would need the kp3 board, backplane and board housing at a minimum.  And to top it off the kv2 I have only has one monitor. My thought was I’d lose money from the inexperience and just pay the money for the built unit that I have now.   I did notice the temps were a bit high on this so I’ve since made some modifications to stay under 100 degrees.  Always something to learn here lol

Offline Dvbit2017

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 08:43:41 PM »
So you have a Podium with the KP3 setup?

Offline Chevellebbc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 05:40:30 AM »
I do now.  I wanted the selexion.  Now I’m looking to buy game files to be able to switch up the machine from time to time.  I’m now selling the k2v upright. I don’t see the need to switch everything to the kp3 etc.  At least in this case.  If you already have a podium, changing to the kp3 and adding the selexion is a great move.  I see a podium selexion for $1250 in nw Ohio.   That’s a good deal.  On fb marketplace as we speak.  At this price no point in building one.   Here’s the link.  Not my post.    https://www.facebook.com/share/F5ZeNHB3PKJ2sE3i/?mibextid=79PoIi

Offline Dvbit2017

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 11:12:05 AM »
I have the exact same podium as in the facebook ad. Is it possible to take a picture of the inside of your machine. I want to see the mother board that was installed. I believe I get the parts to convert to the KP3, but just want to verify. I think the backplane is the same for KP3 motherboard. Several pics would be nice so I can see what I need. I don't want to spend more $$$ to get another slot

Offline Chevellebbc

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 12:43:46 PM »
In your case you will use the kp3 board on the top set of pins.  The lower pins are kv2 upper are kp3. You’ll see on your machine the k2v board is on the lower set. The plastic sliders (they hold the board ) will be moved up to the upper notch.  A lot of precautions are needed here.  Don’t remove the board without the power supply attached in any way and use a ground strap when working on these and Frankly all boards with ic chips.

Offline Chevellebbc

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 12:51:23 PM »
This is a k2v upright backplane, you’ll notice the upper pin set is not there.   The second photo shows the shit I removed to have proper cooling as the kp3 generates some serious heat.  My mod fixed that issue.

Offline Dvbit2017

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 07:07:16 PM »
Do you think I can get a picture of your KP3 board? Is the backplane on my podium compatible with the KP3 board? In order to convert to KP3, do I just need the entire KP3 board? I found a local guy that sells the KP3 board but missing some components that looks incomplete.

Offline Chevellebbc

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 07:48:12 PM »
Kp3 is on top (female Pin outs on the board). While the Kv2 has male

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal