New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Slot Machine  (Read 531 times)

Offline mboessen

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mboessen New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Slot Machine
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2024, 02:42:32 PM »
Hi, Wolftalk:

In the antique radio business we like to find radios that are what we call "unmolested".    Since you have already determined that some idiot has put the reels in wrong, maybe even has the slotted wheels wrong, I guess I can throw that hope out the door.   God only knows what else he has screwed with on the thing. 

My uncle Bob Davis, (Frank's dad) took this in payment for some electrical wiring he did for a guy in Tucson.  We don't know if he had someone try to fix it and that is who removed the hopper mech or what.  The estate sale is long over and the house sold, so we have no chance of finding the original.

So, is it possible to tell me exactly what part number payout disk I need to be looking for to match the machine?  I think I'm gathering that the payout disk and hopper mechanism have to match, IE, I can't buy a hopper now and hope to just change the payout disk if I happened to find one at a later date.  Is that correct?  I think I'm also gathering that mine is unusual and my chances are slim to get the exact part.

Sure appreciate the help.  I'll post the higher res pictures if that will help.

Best

Mike

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 172
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 01:57:16 PM »
you can buy a hopper now and wire it in ... worst case is the payout disc doesn't have the exact trace lengths you need to match the glass so your pays would be incorrect.  If you find a payout disc later, you'd just swap it in (soldering required).

the typical pay for a cherry on most machines is 2 instead of 3, and there's a lot of payout discs that support the other pays (5, 10, 14, 18, 150, 200).  The 150 is the next least common.

based on part numbers, there's at least 450 different payout discs.

the M-645-102 on the diagram in post #19 would work without modification, so would M-645-103. 

the more common M-645-96 below would only pay 2 instead of 3, as would M-645-141.

some versions of M-645-141 used on some model 831 machines may have room to lengthen the 2 trace with copper foil or conductive epoxy.  See second image below.  Some of the higher part number plates may work as they can have dual wiper arms and they were trying to make the plates more generic.

if you are asking parts suppliers tho, it's easier to just tell them what pays you need the disc to support and they can look through their box of discs.  If they have a disc that needs two wiper arms and you only have one, screwing a second arm onto the spiral cam is easy enough unless you have a really old game without the support for it, then you just buy a spiral cam with two arms.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 11:34:37 AM by wolftalk »

Offline mboessen

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2024, 06:03:28 AM »
Hi, Phil:

OK!  So, If I buy the one on ebay, it will fit my machine and work, just with incorrect pays.  Right?

The 2 images you posted are giving me trouble.  When I download them, I get told that they have incorrect file extensions.  I converted them but the results are very low res, and I can't work with them.  Could you maybe email them to me?

What replies I'm getting from suppliers pretty much amount to "good luck".  Monti's is apparently out of business.

Thanks!  Sure appreciate all the help.

Best

Mike

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 172
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2024, 11:42:34 AM »
Hi, Phil:

OK!  So, If I buy the one on ebay, it will fit my machine and work, just with incorrect pays.  Right?

The 2 images you posted are giving me trouble.  When I download them, I get told that they have incorrect file extensions.  I converted them but the results are very low res, and I can't work with them.  Could you maybe email them to me?

What replies I'm getting from suppliers pretty much amount to "good luck".  Monti's is apparently out of business.

the one currently on ebay will probably work.  At this point you mostly care about it physically sliding into the cabinet and the plug mating correctly to the socket.

some rewiring is likely needed on the hopper plug ... on the hopper itself, not the socket in the cabinet.  However, a bit of verification of the wiring on the socket would be good to see how close to the 815-1 the wire colors are and get the wire colors of any different wires to compare to other schematics of the same era.  Bally generally kept the wire colors consistent between different models, but there are plenty of exceptions to bite ya.

fortunately, most circuits going down to the hopper are either 50V or 120V, so as long as those two don't get cross-wired, you won't blow up anything worse than a fuse if the wiring is wrong.

I'll email you the files, but you should be able to click on the attached images, then right-click and save-as to get the originals downloaded.

Offline mboessen

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2024, 01:09:57 PM »
Yeah, Duh.  Before I right clicked on the image and hit "save".  This time I clicked on the file name and it came right down automatically.  Still learning a new forum.....I'll be doing some Memorial Day stuff most of the rest of the weekend.  Should get back to this Tuesday.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal