New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-2240-75 welcome my new addition...stray tan and purple striped wire--  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Urreliefishere

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Urreliefishere New User has no influence.
  • NLG

So...what had happened was...long story short...Yes, a ballys 2240 slot machine can fit into a mustang fast back.
That is, if you can get it out to the car. That being said, if you can even budge it any let alone lower it off
the table, onto the floor, where a dolly is at the ready to get it out of the ladies house who told me to show up
with 2 guys and a truck. Apparently, it shouldn't ordinarily take 4 hours to buy a slot and load 'er up on that
truck.

I quickly handed over the 275 for the machine, covering the quarters in it ($100) as well as purchase a
already working one armer bandit. Oh, and it "has issues." What does that mean? I'm about to explain what I
know and I do have specific questions (such as a loose tan and blue striped wire in the 2nd tier of this
"that will never fit in that car" newest addition.

ISSUE #1
The door does not close all the way. So it closes, but the key that just goes there now, doesn't seem to
be doing what it should...like turn all the way or something...not enough to make the door latch. :dancing_2:

QUESTION #1
Can I get a link to be able to buy a new lock thingy for cheap, like $5.00.

OBSERVATIONS
The metal casing is bent in 2 places. Straitened out as best as I could. The door still won't close past a point
to be able to latch and lock the door.
Door remains open entire time, essentially and literally.

ISSUE #2
TILT
Light and I believe audibles and coin is rejected. Have to open the door and turn the key to make it stop
doing that.

OBSERVATIONS
During the demonstration of how the machine works, the (very nice) lady would SLAM THE DOOR (the horror, I know right?)
TILT was soon to follow the (what I said about the slamming door thing) Her advice to me was that I could
just disconnect the speaker, and then I wouldn't have that issue anymore.  :duh:

After playing machine, it will still TILT, but not sound an alarm every 20-30 seconds like before.

The reason I'm writing is to find out if anyone knows what the lost loose wire is that is kind of orange and blue stripe ? It is
behind where the reels go. Picture to follow.

I already tried to send with pictures. It told me that its too large and I lost my entire letter...Wow

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
posting pics

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
posting

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Ok.. Mire then likely that wire goes to the reset cherry switch inside the cabinet. Just follow those 2 grey wires and where they go. Next, as for the door, the latching parts that screws to the inside of the cabinet, those get pushed back into the cabinet. Most of the time the mounting screw holes are stripped out. Nothing that a few tooth picks doesn’t fix. Pull that latch bar forward and tighten the mounting screws. The center mount it a nut located in front of the handle gearbox. I think it’s a 10-32 thread or a 10-24. Nut size is about a 11/32”.. As for the latching parts your looking for, I believe you can find them on K-Lars web page, under parts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
Those “2 grey wires” are actually 1 wire in a loop.sorry the picture didn’t show that...they go up into a mass of wires and I lose track of it. I can’t find it in any schematics. I’ll post another picture.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
The brown with blue stripe wire I see ultimately go to this...

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
I stuck an interconnect schematic for an E-2203-4 on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

I only have a few E series interconnect schems, but they are all pretty similar wrt wire colors, connector id's, etc.   

detailed board level schems are in manuals.  All of those I have are in the bally_manuals/ directory on the above web site.

if you want to email the highest possible resolution pics to slotpics@cdyn.com or stick them on a cloud drive/file sharing service and let me know where they are, I'll add them to the above web site.   Pics of the entire front of the machine along with internal pics are always helpful.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
Thank you Wolftalk...what a valuable resource!!! I will send some pictures now...

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
The door has been fixed and it no longer tilts...thanks for all the help...how do you adjust the payout? It’s kind of boring using like $50 in coin and only hitting a cherry or 2.

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
how do you adjust the payout?

you can't change the payout on a slot machine that mechanically spins the reels.  The spin IS the game randomization, and it must be truly random on every spin. 

the only way to vary the win frequency on mechanical reel games is change the reel tapes and the game software (or on the earlier completely EM machines, the tapes and the reel index discs).

later machines with "virtual reels" - where the reels are really just display devices controlled by the computer - may have multiple pay tables that are location selectable.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
how do you adjust the payout?

you can't change the payout on a slot machine that mechanically spins the reels.  The spin IS the game randomization, and it must be truly random on every spin. 

the only way to vary the win frequency on mechanical reel games is change the reel tapes and the game software (or on the earlier completely EM machines, the tapes and the reel index discs).

later machines with "virtual reels" - where the reels are really just display devices controlled by the computer - may have multiple pay tables that are location selectable.

Thank you for letting me know that...I must be getting in confused with the pachislo machines?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal