New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Common DBV-200 power supply issues?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
Common DBV-200 power supply issues?
« on: March 21, 2024, 09:45:26 AM »
Helloooo NLG! I didn't forget you guy at all, the OG's will remember me and I sure remember ALL the help I have gotten from NLG over the years. Hope all are well! <3 I wanna dig on m machines a bit and tinker on minor issues on my PE+ (GK also but secondary). ANYWAY lol, my DBV200 clicks on and off, has forever but works. It eventually stops after time. Sounds like power supply caps to me. Are there any common things (components) to check? Also has there been any homebrew software updates to support newer bills? (my understanding as of years ago was there is ROOM for it but it's been a long abandoned platform) Thanks in advance, hope some OG's are still around and actually remember me! Much love as always NLG! <3 :) (quick edit, apologies if I missed any PMs, inbox is a disaster, will try to clean up. GOOD to be back <3 )

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Common DBV-200 power supply issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 10:15:35 AM »
Hey Rep, glad to see you back here!!!  Been a long time - was worried about you buddie.  :wave: Hope all is well. :wave:

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 10:20:05 AM »
You KNOW you were one I thought of!!! GLAD to see you, it's been, well... Rough lol. Thank God no covid or anything but also no real improvement but still on the good side of the grass and trying to get back to some hobbies to keep me busy. I NEVER forget great friends I meet along the way, EVER! SO happy to talk to you and be back on NLG!! :) <3

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 04:57:38 PM »
Sounds like power supply issue. Jim Midwest Slots has DBV power supplies with new power module. Jim maybe able to refurbish yours with a new module? The DBV-200 can be updated to accept new $10, $20, $50.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 06:02:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply. It's been literally years with this issue that I never really did much with, it was still usable, just annoying. I DID replace the PS years ago (proper one, not the 145's, plastic vented case, etc) but I think I got a weak one to replace my already weak one lol. I just never dug into it internally and I figured this would be a good opportunity to do so. I could test or just recap all (wanna get back into electronic work/repair too I am just lazy and wanted to know if there were any common issues that were known) Appreciate the info, glad to hear Jim is still around and helping too, def a name I remember from the years I've been around (and missing) lol. I think I do have the latest acceptance then, if memory serves I did update it for the new 10s, I had heard memory wasn't an issue and hoped someone would maybe add the newest if that was the case (and doable) but nbd if not. Thanks for the info/help! :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 07:01:09 PM »
Recapping the PS maybe all it needs.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 07:13:18 PM »
Makes perfect sense cuz it definitely improves as time goes on (so as the caps would charge up) so I'll most likely try and go that route. I am also the type tho too I'd like to know what particular cap is the actual culprit (then ofc since only caps change em all out for PM kinda stuff). I'll hopefully dig around soon and we'll see what happens. Just glad to be back on after a while! Thanks again Sunrise (and all)! :)

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 07:28:00 PM »
I should add too I think the bad replacement PS (which I AM now suspect of and would make sense) really made me chase my tail here a bit. Again still works, just not correctly. We'll see what happens tho, nothing new, ongoing for a long time but I'd like to finally get it all right, thanks again NLG!! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal