New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The dreaded buzzing MPU after low battery change.  (Read 3117 times)

Offline allen84

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • allen84 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: The dreaded buzzing MPU after low battery change.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 05:15:58 PM »
You need the 317 OS to go with 807 BIOS to boot up the game. You need the 312 Clear to get to the boot point. And that will get rid of the buzzing error. Then you can install your original OS & BIOS and do a clear

Probably not economical for me to spend money to try and fix this, when I can buy another mpu for less than the cost of trying to hunt down these 3 items. When it's not even guaranteed it might fix it.   I'm talking with a buyer right now to get another mpu for dirt cheap 

I'm curious to try the method above to try and revive my mpu. I guess if someone that has these 3 items can mail them to me, and then I mail it back. Has it been tried with the other bios that I have? Using those 2 cards?  I would love to test this theory to confirm if it really see if this fixes it.  If it does, It would be the once and for all final  solution.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2019, 07:14:50 PM »
What will you do the next time the batteries die?  Not sure what game you have and if it will work with the 317 OS. If it will work with 317 OS , you could switch to 317. No more issues when changing batteries. I don't think you have a MPU issue if all you done was change the batteries on your 336 OS.

Offline allen84

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • allen84 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »
What will you do the next time the batteries die?  Not sure what game you have and if it will work with the 317 OS. If it will work with 317 OS , you could switch to 317. No more issues when changing batteries. I don't think you have a MPU issue if all you done was change the batteries on your 336 OS.

I'm wondering, on the MPU compatibility matrix list, if my unknown clear card is a CLEAR0335-01?   I can never know, because I can't see the screen again to find out until I fix it.   I have a Mystic Lamp and Black Gold Wild.  Not sure if it plays on all the OS cards.

I've explained it on in my previous posts, that I'm going to change the batteries while powering the MPU out of the machine, live.   Whether using some sticky tape to grab the battery or use some non conductive material like a static bag or ESD material, and cut out spaces where the batteries protrude and lay over the board to do the change.

What about the Bios chip that I have?  How would I go back to that?  I'm guessing the 807 is an older version.   Even doing this fix, would swapping out the BIOS chip be a problem?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2019, 08:13:53 PM »
I've explained it on in my previous posts, that I'm going to change the batteries while powering the MPU out of the machine, live.   Whether using some sticky tape to grab the battery or use some non conductive material like a static bag or ESD material, and cut out spaces where the batteries protrude and lay over the board to do the change.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but if you have a source of dirt cheap MPU boards then go for it.

Offline HOTTOPS

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HOTTOPS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
Who can sell me all the needed cards and bios for this fix?

317 OS to go with 807 BIOS and 312 Clear

Please pm me with information.
Thanks

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
PM sent
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal