New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: POG T340+ Wont Boot  (Read 2041 times)

Offline icedrgn86

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • icedrgn86 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
POG T340+ Wont Boot
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »
Good Afternoon ALL! I love POG machines and looking to get into repair of them since so many gamerooms here in TX. I obtained my own POG machine from a friend who moved out of the area. The POG will power on but wont boot. LEDs come on when the board gets power but it will not boot. CR25 lights up and CR11/CR10 R22/R23/R24 stay solid. Nothing else happens. I pulled EVERYTHING out of the cabinet and connected everything again on a table. Same problem though. Anyone with more knowledge than me point me in the right direction? Im pretty computer savvy but this has me stumped.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:10:43 PM by icedrgn86 »

Offline byteitarcade

• Reputation Power: 1
  • byteitarcade New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: POG T340+ Wont Boot
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
hi there, can you send additional pics of whole the setup. i would need to see more than the just the gameboard.

there are also a few things you could do to is try to make sure all the eproms chips are not loose and should be pushed all the way in.

what kind of monitor? crt or flat led? if you have flat led, check the video converter board, from cga to vga.

was it working fine before you removed them and reinstalled back all together?

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:27:50 PM »
I never seen it working, I was told it was before someone got into the cabinet and screwed up something. I know there is a loose power wire that I cant find what it goes to and also another wire that traces back to "Counter B" according to a Pin-Out guide I found. Also I dont know where this Black/Green/White plug goes to. The Monitor is a 19" LCD touchscreen. I had the board on eBay and someone asked about the R22-24 LEDs and if they stay solid. I told him yes and he said he would have to send it in for repair, he could be lying though. Here are some more pics. Sorry its a mess out of cabinet.

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »
more pics

Offline byteitarcade

• Reputation Power: 1
  • byteitarcade New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »
the video converter board for cga to vga  looks rusted and needs to be replaced badly and they go for about $10-$15 per unit. and the harness for the entire machine could be rewired but will take a lot of time to figure out and also not taking any risk to burn any components on the pcb. my only suggestion and cheapest route for you is to replace with a new harness costs around $35 to $40. replace those 2 things and see what happens next. the counters is for the meters which do not really them to operate. the green/white/black is the power for the old crt monitors which you will not need since you're now using the lcd screen which has its own power adapter which can be plug into the power supply. the leds that blinks on the board is a good sign that the board is working.

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »
Thank you so much. When I get my taxes back I'll order those 2 parts and keep you updated!

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 10:24:59 AM »
Where would be a good place to get a Wire Harness with Bill Acceptor Extension cable? Will I need a Printer Fooler Cable as well? I ordered a new CGA to VGA board and should be here Monday.

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 12:12:53 PM »
I found A wire harness with Bill acceptor extension cable. I hope it comes with the RJ45 plug for power. It said it works in all wooden POG cabinets. The CGA to VGA adapter came in and still nothing displays on screen. I will wait until the harness comes this week.

Offline icedrgn86

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 05:18:27 PM »
Ok, Update time....

I ordered a new wire harness off eBay from ClassicGames and it stated it would work with all POG Wooden Cabinet systems. The new harness doesnt have the RJ45 PoE adapter, and it came with a bill acceptor harness but I cant find where to plug it in on the POG harness. The wires for the Play/Ticket buttons seem to be going to a different spot on the connector for the harness near the board. I think I found a guy in my area that can repair boards. I am gonna take all the guts of the machine to him and see what he can do. I just want this to be up and running lol. Thanks and if any ideas let me know!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal