New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: problems with 1130-2  (Read 1713 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
problems with 1130-2
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
1.  Reel 1 locks as soon as handle is pulled, reels 2 and 3 spin and stop as they should.  I have cleaned and lubed all the moving parts.  If I pull handle slow the first reel spins properly.

2.  Coin diverter below coin comparator is pulled in, coins go to hopper but do not register, handle relay does not release.  I have  broken tab on the coin switch but I have tried a jumper but coins still do not register. 

3.  Micro switch behind reel 1 wiper if bad, what's it for?  see 1st picture

thanks for your help.
Bob
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:17:02 AM by rjpohl »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: problems with 1130-2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Photo of reel mechanism

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:19 PM »
Schematic for for 1088 machine.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »
here's a few pics of reel assemble.
I have degreased and oiled item 25 in the pic above.  The one on reel 1 moves left and right on the shaft and rotates on shaft.  It may be a bit slower to return than the one on reel 2.

thanks

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »
Nice clean machine.
Is the 1st reel spinning okay now?

And what about those other problems, coin in / handle release?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »
David,
I haven't had a chance to work on it for the last 2 days so the first reel is still locking up.
Is the black switch you have marked on the  schematic the same one in my first pic in the first post?  I know it is bad.
I'm hoping to be able to work on it this afternoon.
thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Making some progress:
1.  Replaced the coin in switch and the switch behind reel 1.  Cleaned contacts/beau plugs.  I have it taking coins and making some payouts. 
2.  Repaired a shelf wheel problem that was getting coins behind the knife
3.  Cleaned the reel mech more and feel it's well lubed but still have problems with first reel stopping (not spinning).  i've adjusted the stop bracket  (item J) on the right side of reel mech.
4.  coin accepted light and winner lights are not working at this time but I won't get to worried about them until I get the other problems fixed.

thanks and please let me know what you think I should try next,
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »
Okay, making good progress.
Part 22 drive lever kicks the reel. If it doesn't return / get out of its own way the reel will be held.
Same with # 7 index arm. If for some reason it can't retract, it will hold the reel.
Check the movement on # 22, should be free to move in all directions.
And all the parts pertaining to these parts. If just one in gummed up...Well *^%$#

I'm assuming the clock and all the other moving parts are working okay.

Re the L bracket trip stop bottom right of the reel mechanism.
There is a possibility its causing the reels to kick sooner than the # 1 stop arm has cleared the reel index plate.
This bracket is kind of touchy. It doesn't take much for it to be out of adjustment.
I find that a good starting adjustment is when the bracket is flush with the back of the case.   

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »
Got reels to spin and not lock up, I cleaned more and adjusted the stop bracket and the 1/2 gear.
Cleaned the reel and hopper connections again, seems to have helped, all lights now work (deposit coin, coin accepted, winner paid)
Accepts coins and steps up as it should (the step up was hanging up, cleaned contacts and adjusted the spring to help it return, seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for all the help guys, it's really appreciated!
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
my bragging was a little premature!

the last 2 mornings when I try to play the coins are not accepted, the diverter is always pulled in, if I open door and trip the coin in switch several times (usually 5 or more) then coins are accepted and handle is released.  I feel like it's probably a set of contacts that need adjustment or cleaning.  Hoping someone can direct to the which one(s) it is.

Also the first reel locks up without spinning.  If I pull handle real slow it will spin properly.  After several spins it gets better.  I've cleaned and lubed again.  I feel like the cold temperature if part of the problem.

please note in the mornings my garage was probably around 35 degrees, in the afternoon 55+

thanks
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Most likely it’s the temperature that is causing the problems.
A good way to gauge the machine temperature is by the glass.
When the reel glass and bezel are warm, it’s a good sign the machine is at optimum working temperature.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
Just did some monthly maintenance on a machine that had a slow and or not kicking 3rd reel.
Did the cleaning and lubing on the 3rd reel mechanism, but still didn’t kick every time.
After observing the reel not spinning. It turned out to be old excessive lubricant on the index slots.
This kept the index arm from retracting completely thus keeping the reel from spinning.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal