New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Video Sync Drews Deuces Wild  (Read 2806 times)

Offline VideoGameShark

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • VideoGameShark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Video Sync Drews Deuces Wild
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:35:50 PM »
I'm trying to hook a Drews Deuces Wild PCB to a LCD monitor with a CGA to VGA converter board. The video plug didn't seem to have a video sync, and the jamma isn't standard. The video corde only had RGB and black. Does anyone have a jamma diagram for something like this? The RGB were on pin 1, 2 and 3 on the parts side of the PCB. Here are some pictures of what I have too. Thanks for any help.

Offline asgard

• Reputation Power: 4
  • asgard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Video Sync Drews Deuces Wild
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Are you sure the RGB is pins 1, 2, & 3 or is it pins 34, 35, & 36 ? I might be able to help.

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
Are you sure the RGB is pins 1, 2, & 3 or is it pins 34, 35, & 36 ? I might be able to help.
It may be 34, 35 and 36, depending on how you number the wires. It's on the parts side of the jamma plug, on the far left side. It's red, green and blue from left to right.

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
Ok, the video ground (black) should be solder side pin 36, opposite side of the red video wire. You also have a composite sync, which is pin 27 on parts side. Depending on the converter you are using, you could use that but me personally I use the vertical sync, pin 5 and horizontal sync, pin 6 both on the solder side. You can't use all 3 syncs at the same time. It's either composite or H and V. You could let me know what kind of CGA to VGA converter you are using or just try and see what works for you.

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 09:27:53 PM »
Ok, the video ground (black) should be solder side pin 36, opposite side of the red video wire. You also have a composite sync, which is pin 27 on parts side. Depending on the converter you are using, you could use that but me personally I use the vertical sync, pin 5 and horizontal sync, pin 6 both on the solder side. You can't use all 3 syncs at the same time. It's either composite or H and V. You could let me know what kind of CGA to VGA converter you are using or just try and see what works for you.

I tried the wires from pin 5 and 6 solder side, as I thought they were the video sync wires, and it didn't work. I tried them both ways since I wasn't sure which was vertical and which was horizontal on the converter board. The converter board I am using is "BLEE Arcade Game RGB CGA EGA YUV to VGA HD Video Converter Board 1 VGA Single Output for CRT LCD PDP". I'm including a picture of the card and how I wired it up to the yellow and grey wires. There is no wire on slot 27 on parts side of the jamma harness. Thanks for all your help.

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
Connect the grey wire to pin 27 on parts side. Do not connect yellow wire to anything. Remember to press the "auto" button on the converter the first time you power up. The red light will flash then steady when it finds the right frequency.

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Also those 3 blue and white knobs are your color (Rgb), they seem to be turned way down or way up. If they are turned way down you might not see a video image.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
They do look "way down", turn one at a time to see if that color comes up.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
Connect the grey wire to pin 27 on parts side. Do not connect yellow wire to anything. Remember to press the "auto" button on the converter the first time you power up. The red light will flash then steady when it finds the right frequency.

It worked. Thanks a lot for your help. Now the screen is jumping around when you try to play it. Here's a video of what it's doing.

https://youtu.be/B_64LJ-IMqM

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »
Try pressing the "auto" button on the converter and see if that fixes it. Those converters aren't 100% compatible with those poker boards. You need one like this :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252314383238

(edited to fix small text size)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:53:48 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »
Try pressing the "auto" button on the converter and see if that fixes it. Those converters aren't 100% compatible with those poker boards. You need one like this :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252314383238

(edited to fix small text size)

I got one of these boards. I'm not having any luck yet with it. Any idea what the dip switches might need to be set at? I'm either getting out of range, or just no signal on the settings I've tried. Thanks for you help.

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 09:55:10 PM »
The Wei-ya is a 12VDC converter vs 5VDC for the Jamma. You can try these two settings and see which one works best for you, you will have to reset your lcd monitor to factory default settings then make the necessary adjustments after.

(a) Join solder side pins 5 & 6 on edge connector and connect converter grey wire. Turn on dip switch 3 only.

(b) Connect converter white wire to solder side pin 5 on edge connector and connect converter grey wire to solder side pin 6 on edge connector (pins are not joined). Turn on dip switches 1, 2 & 4.

Let me know how it goes.

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »
The Wei-ya is a 12VDC converter vs 5VDC for the Jamma. You can try these two settings and see which one works best for you, you will have to reset your lcd monitor to factory default settings then make the necessary adjustments after.

(a) Join solder side pins 5 & 6 on edge connector and connect converter grey wire. Turn on dip switch 3 only.

(b) Connect converter white wire to solder side pin 5 on edge connector and connect converter grey wire to solder side pin 6 on edge connector (pins are not joined). Turn on dip switches 1, 2 & 4.

Let me know how it goes.

How would I reset the monitor to factory settings, if I can't find any such option in the OSD menu? I have a few different monitors that I could try, but they are all older and I don't see any factory reset on any of them. Thanks again.

Offline asgard

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 12:28:06 PM »
The factory reset would make things a little easier to set up but you don't have to do it.

Offline VideoGameShark

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »

Let me know how it goes.

I tried both method a and b with no success. I found a monitor that does have factory reset (allthough you have to have it working to access the menu, then I assume it takes on the settings of what it's plugged in to), and tried that monitor as well after resetting. I got no signal on that one, and "Out of Range  H:35khz  V:3938Hz   Max:1280 x 1024" on the first monitor I sort of had working with the cheapy converter card.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal