New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 doubletriple wild cherry after clear/ key question...  (Read 1867 times)

Offline @lleykat67

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • @lleykat67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 doubletriple wild cherry after clear/ key question...
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:52:45 AM »
Hey guys ! I have an S2000 (05 model) dble triple cherry slot (.25) I bought for home entertainment and after changing out both the green and coin type board batts and doing a clear 97 / key 17 to it  it wont let me choose between WAMM / IPC in the chip config. 7 menu... ( the navigation buttons literally go OUT when I try to select WAMM !) but once I exit that particular setup menu, they come back on....  ?? (It gives me the error on startup) only thing itll say is the usual VERSION UNKNOWN....   could It be that mabe I used the wrong type KEY chip ? ( 17 )  any thoughts or suggestions gladly accepted !  :)  Im aalmost there, seems this is my only hangup in getting this thing going !   THANKS !  :)  :Scratch-Head:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 doubletriple wild cherry after clear/ key question...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »
I've had that issue with a key 31 but not with a 17 or 45. I just select WAMM & don't change the channel settings. You could use a SG chip pair that defaults to WAMM & you wouldn't have to worry about it. Could it be that you're not hitting enter (spin) first to make the selection?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »
I like to use a Key 45.. With your game being a newer model the key 17 may not work.. There is another key chip, I think it 224 that is said to be used on all games??
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:37:42 AM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »
Key 17 is OK as long as you have a 500 series MPU.
If you have an enhanced board you will need a key 31 or 45.
Also if it's enhanced clear 224
Have you set the machine type to upright? That sounds like where you are hanging up.Also what SG chip numbers are on the MPU. Sound like something in the 100s if it is asking for wamm.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline @lleykat67

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
mine seems to be the newer type board (has smaller bd on risers) I have set it back up for .25 denom. and already have it set to UPRIGHT mach.  Do you think I may need to order that KEY 45 and re do my clear using it instead of the 17 ? I have re esablished the mach w a hopper and c comparitor to use quarters (or a bag of .25 tokens I bought for it) I can access most any other menu selection EXCEPT for choosing WAMM or IPC... when I hit spin reels /enter to try n get it the buttons all go out w unkn vers.  ..    guess I can order / try the 45 and see what happens..  what yall think ?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:38:27 AM »
Can you post us a picture of your games MPU?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
Post a pic as Gary suggested. Sounds like you're trying to run an enhanced MPU with outdated SG chips. Recommended chips are VS011GX1, SG000598 GME 1 & 2. IVC00224 clear, KEY00045. Let me know if you need any or all of those. My guess is that you also get reel tilts during the boot process.

Offline @lleykat67

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 11:20:09 AM »
here is an upper corner pic of the chipset that I have...  hope this comes thru !

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
Get rid of the SG312s. Others are good.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:29 AM »
Enhanced he will also need 224/45 clear key chip set
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline @lleykat67

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
Thank you guys for your input here;  im not really an expert on these things and am only marginally computer-savy but Ive been learnin alot on how these things tic here lately  and seems the more I dive in the more Im learning..  Looks as tho for sure the outdated chips will be replaced and I will order the 224/ 45 key chips for the next clear and hopefully thatll get me hittin buttons just for fun  !  again   a big THANK you for your info ! :) >>>>>>>>  here's the elusive WAMM culprit....   ( E Bay score !)  :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 11:51:27 AM »
PM sent.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal