New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game king keno help please  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game king keno help please
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
Ok.  I'd be glad to test it for you if that doesn't work out either. 

Yes, parts are hard to find for the old game king cabinets.  Some of the components are interchangeable with the newer machines, but others are not including the power supply, I/O boards, and motherboard.

My first guess would have been the hopper too, hopefully it's not the I/O card. 

Glad to help.

Offline topache

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • topache New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2019, 03:11:08 PM »
I know you're probably lost at this point too but please please don't give up on me I'm try everythingng to fix my sound
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:17:22 PM by topache »

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »
FYI not sure if this is any help or not but at this point I would think everything I do is, LOL.

As a test I put two very thin wires into the female plug on the CPU pins 3 and 4 that the MPU plugs into and went directly to my speaker. I plugged the mpu in and continuity checked to make sure they weren't touching each other or anything like that. Power it on and still no sound.

oh and FYI this is the first time I put my ear up to the speaker and I can hear like a hum so it appears there's some kind of signal going there but I'm not getting any game sounds. And if I reverse the speaker wires I get no hum nothing.

I was going over the diagrams again you sent me why is there speaker A and a speaker B do you think that may have something to do with it?  I only have one speaker.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:31:06 PM by topache »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2019, 05:53:41 PM »
The early Game Kings only had one speaker.  Later machines GK+/Igame+ have two speakers and stereo sound capability. 

The only thing I can think of at this point is your audio is getting grounded out somewhere or the female contacts on the mother board are damaged and the male pins from the MPU or I/O board aren't making good contact with them (the latter doesn't seem likely though).   

It's a pain, but you may want to pull the motherboard out of the machine so you can check and see if there's continuity between the pins on the MPU side to the connector on the front of the I/O card tray.  With it out you can also inspect the solder connections on the motherboard connectors.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »
Once again thank you so much your reply. You're my only hope at this point, LOL.

Wouldn't me putting two Thin wires into the motherboards female pins 3 and 4, and then plugging that into my speaker then inserting the MPU into it rule out the cpu? As technically now my speakers are directly connected to the mpu pins

By all means if I have to pull it out I will I'm desperate to find out my sound issue.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:34:21 AM by topache »

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 06:40:48 PM »
More testing.

My plug on front of the io tray is a 6 prone plug however only 4 wires are plugged into it.

My speaker wires are top right (pin 3) white light green and bottom middle (pin 5) white dark green

Is this correct ?

Also I unplugged it from the speaker and tray side and checked continuity.  on the plug side, the Male (speaker side) ,  no continuity to ground on either of the two wires. however on the female side (tray side) on pin five, the white with dark green I have continuity to ground.

Is this correct?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30:15 AM »
The wiring diagrams for the sound span 4 different pages so I made a drawing that combines them all into one.  Could have done it with Visio or something, but drawing it by hand was faster (at least for me ha ha).  I also took a photo of J450 and labeled the pins so you know how it's numbered.  When referring to wiring coloring it goes base color/tracer (stripe) color.  So wht/grn means it's a white wire with a green tracer. 

What you were referring to as pin 5 is actually pin 2 a grn/wht wire.  It's the audio ground wire and connects to the negative terminal on the speaker.  That wire should have continuity to ground.  The positive wire wht/grn (pin 4) should not have continuity to ground.  When you put your meter lead on the positive wire and the other lead to ground you should see the meter reading climb upwards.  (Your meter will be charging a capacitor on the MPU board, as the capacitor charges the resistance increases). Is that what yours does?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:46:37 AM by Tilt »

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
 Thank you for trying to help me figure this out.

So I put my red lead on the white / green wire, pin 4,  and blk on ground and yes my meter climbed slowly and I stopped about 2.2.

Not sure if this is anything or not but I want to mention it. You know how I told you my speaker kind of hums. Well if I put my ear next to it and put some credits in it and when I play something it kind of almost sounds like it changes it's tone / pitch when the game runs and then stops, almost like it's receiving a sound signal.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
Got a pair of headphones?  If so, try rigging up the speaker wires to headphone jack and see if you get any sound that way.  It sounds like you have good continuity from the speaker wires to the MPU board. 

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »
Sorry, not sure if I follow?

Oh also I tried a game of Keno and put my ear near the speaker and I could hear faintly like 20 "pulses" as the balls are dropping.

It really seems like it's getting the signal.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »
If you had a set of headphones I thought if you hooked the speaker wires up to them and got sound that maybe your speaker is the real problem?  You've verified the all the volume sliders are turned all the way up in the sound menu right?

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »
Ah gotcha . So I tried to hook up a pair of headphones to the wires and I heard nothing at all.

Makes no sense.

I guess maybe it's time to throw the towel in and come to the conclusion that I'm just not going to have sound. That really blows.

Oh and another bummer, I got my hopper in today and same problem. Ran the hopper test got coin out Jam and had to pull the button battery to clear it.

This machine is going to be the death of me.

I'm okay living without the hopper however I really really wanted sound.

Thanks you for everything. You have no idea how much I really appreciate it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
Doesn't make sense to me either.  I really doubt you have two bad MPU boards, but if you want me to check yours out I'll be happy to do it.  No charge, just the cost of postage.  I could remove the green varta battery from the 3903 board for you.  You have to remove U72 along with it or you will get Door Open MCLB errors.

Yeah, you're not having a lot of luck.  I would have swapped the hopper first though too.  Inspect the wiring from the hopper plug to where it plugs into the motherboard at J13.  If that looks good then most likely the lower cabinet I/O board is bad.  Those can be hard to find for the older machines.  If you decide to send the MPU, pull the I/O board off the tray and send it along.  I'll test that for you as well.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »
I think one of these nights I'm just going to pull out all the boards inspect the CPU and Trace all the wires again..

And if that doesn't work then I think I'm just going to give up.

Thanks for the offer I might take you up on sending you the io board to test. However trying 3 MPUs I can't imagine all three of them being bad.

Thanks for the tip for that green battery I think I'll remove it.

Oh you know that faint hum I get and that really faint pulse sound or whatever it is I hear when playing a game? I only get that when I hook up the positive speaker wire to the negative side of the speaker and negative to the positive. I get nothing when hooked up correctly.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »
Ok.  Yeah, they only way I could see three MPU boards being bad was if there was something wrong in your machine that was blowing them when plugged in and turned on.  That doesn't seem likely though since you checked the wiring for continuity and shorts to ground.  I don't think it would hurt the audio amp if the speaker + was shorted to ground, but I really don't want to try it and see what happens either. 

Sure no problem.  I'll be happy to check it out for you.  Shoot me a PM when you want to send it and I'll give you my address.

Yeah, do get rid of the green varta battery.  They're bad news.  They will eventually leak and destroy the board.

Not sure why it would do that. 

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2019, 08:54:31 AM »
By any chance do you have the pin layout for the CPU board?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »
Is this what you're looking for?

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2019, 05:53:44 PM »
Yes thank you so much.

I did some more testing and I think it's my machine that is causing the problem just not sure what. Wanted to run this by you to see if it helps at all in locating the issue.

So this whole time I have had my swc sound chips in the wrong way on the mml board. I know you said that board and those chips were for the extra sounds but check this out.
I put them in the correct way, turned on the machine for about 2 minutes, pulled the board out and both chips were hot but Chip number 2 was extremely hot to the touch.

I know that can't be right.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2019, 06:08:06 PM »
Yeah, they should not be hot but I wouldn't think that would have damaged your MPU board.  You should still get the basic tones from it.

Offline topache

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:51 PM »
It burnt the chips. So thinking my wiring or something caused that and who knows now if it caused damage to the sound section on the mpu...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal