New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1270 Enhanced swap for a 3 reel game  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
1270 Enhanced swap for a 3 reel game
« on: October 14, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
I put in an 1270 Enhanced MPU & backplane board in an S2000 cabinet.
Installed a 3Reel 2Coin Double Diamond
SB100155...SG000597...VSO11GX1...DSPL0002...DSV00024 all on the piggyback board.
Upon powering up I get: 2 Greens, 4 Ambers, a bottom Green and a flashing Red LED corresponding to the Power Distribution red LED.
No VFD display at all.

What's up?  :scratch-head_2: :scratch-head_3:
Wrong VFD? Never changed it when 502 MPU was in there.
Wrong I/O for 5 button deck? 801 in there from before.

Wondering if I should Key it...which Key?
I have several different ones....lol

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:00:04 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1270 Enhanced swap
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
Got any SG523's to try?  I use 597's on 504 double button row 5 reel cleo.  I guess you meant dsv42?  I know RB recommends 523's on a 3 reel with 1270/adapter board.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
You're right Six!...my error...it's a DSV00042  :duh:
I don't have any 523's tho....seems like I have everything else lol
Gunna try my inventory....something's gotta work? haha

Do I need to have the DSPL0002 in there for a 3 reel game?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:17:59 AM »
Does your enhanced board have a varta?  If it is out of charge, you will get the dreaded blinking red light.  Additionally some of the "newer 1270's" require the use of the I/O cards that are encased in black plastic, I will look back in my notes as to which revision 1270's are the ones that require it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »
I took it out Rick , also the U16 chip, but other MPU has Red Led blinking too and that one has the Varta & U16.

Will try another MPU and black plastic I/O card in the door panel.
The one I have is a 201W by Keytronic brand new outta packaging.

***Update****
Nope...even other MPU with Varta & U16 stuff still has bottom Red Led blinking

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 11:20:56 AM »
Yes keep the dspl02.  363's should work but may get a reel tilt at boot up.  224 clear/ 45 key

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »
I updated my post with more information,  I will post that information when I find it.   :arrowthruhead:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
Here's the post, it is not related to the blinking red light, but good to know for future reference.  Is you board 1272 or 1271?  I would try another enhanced board if you have one to discard any possible varta battery removal issues.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 11:51:05 AM »
Here's the post, it is not related to the blinking red light, but good to know for future reference.  Is you board 1272 or 1271?  I would try another enhanced board if you have one to discard any possible varta battery removal issues.
Working with 1270's Rick...not 1271's or 1272's.
Threw in back in the DSPL chip and black plastic 201W I/O card...
I had to remove I/O Molex to get pins to meet each other because the I/O holder wont allow the black casing to slide in.

Powered up but back to square one with blinking Red Led on the bottom of MPU and corresponding with the Red Led blinking above the EZPay optics on the Power Distribution panel.

Going to try yet another 1270 MPU....did these boards have a history of going bad because of the Varta?
These MPU's look very clean in that area really?

***Update***

OOkay...i think I found the problem.
Pulled out the MPU cell battery.
Supposed to be around 3 volts...all batteries are less than a half volt...lol
Going ebaying for some CR2354's
DigiKey.com sells 'em for $1.33 each...getting a boxfull of 'em.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:10:59 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
523 or 598 SG chips. 597 will not work. 1270x any revision should work. The plastic door (16 bit) I/O card only works with a 6-6-3 harness. You will get a coin in or out jam with a 5-5-2 harness. The outer I/O housing is different for those 16 bit I/O cards. You can still run a 801 I/O or even a 802 if it's a 6-6-3. SB100155 is DD Haywire not DD.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 12:17:24 PM »
Burning a coupla 598's as we speak...thanks RB.Gunna jam in a smaller 3 volt cell till the 2354's come in.
Results soon...throwing back in regular single-row 801  I/O
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:39:51 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 12:25:21 PM »
Yeah you can stick a 2032 in it temporarily with a penny or nickel under it whatever fits. Keep the coin away from the sides of the battery holder because that is + & will short it out.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 12:42:15 PM »
Thanks RB,
I removed MPU from tray, soldered in a couple of wires to the (-) and (+) posts under the board instead.
I then re-routed the wires above board to a CR2032 holder Velcro'd temporarily to the top of the old holder.

***Update***

No more blinking red Leds! Yay!  :cheerleader:

Can't get past "Eprom Device Error "-0X4" showing in the VFD :banghead:   but at least the VFD is displaying now.
Making some progress here.
Presently have SG363's in there now.
Gotta make them 598's and try them.

Tell you what though....waiting for this thing to check the memory is agonizingly slow! 
Takes over a minute it the "Please Wait....Testing Memory" before it gets to the "Netplex Auto-Config In Progress" page on the VFD then the ear-splitting loud horn blares with "RAM error", "CRC Error" or whatever.... UGH!
Once you turn do what it asks, you gotta twiddle your thumbs for another minute or so.
I thought these "Enhanced"1270's were supposed to be faster? haha

Anyway, I keep getting EEprom Device Error c04 which I "think" is the little 8-pin 24F0256 EEprom on the motherboard.
I stuck in another motherboard chip and got the "Coin-In" error...  :rotfl:
Throwing in the Clear IVC224 now and running it twice!
The SG598's are better than the SG363's I was using earlier.
In fact, I threw in my chips and MPU into another S2000 that has a 5reel setup with the enchanced 1270 but the only error I get is a "Game Type Mismatch" - which is good because I have a 3 reel chip onboard....AND the coin-In error goes away.
Sooooo....that means the harness is different but of course this other machine is a 2 row button deck.
Decided to swap in a 6-6-3 display for the heck of it...still getting "Coin-In" error....swapped coin mechs entirely...same result.
What I've just noticed is that the harness going to the I/O is different than the one in there - 2 pins are unoccupied.
Looks like I need a different harness....boy this is fun! lol
Anyway, it looks like Reply #9 from RB is on track so far.
Of course, me being me, I gotta rip out both harnesses from the machines to compare them and see if I can convert my 5-5-2 harness into a 6-6-3 for kicks.
At the moment, only difference I see is the 2 empty pin sockets on the Molexs.
In another topic, RB said that the 6-6-3 harness had a jumper for the door I/O....I think I better get out some wiring schematics.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:43:57 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: 1270 Enhanced swap for a 3 reel game
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 07:37:21 AM »
In trying to solve the "Coin-In" error, I pulled out the coin comparitor unit and voila!
Who's responsible for this hack soldering job?
C'mon! Now's the time to fess up!  :24: :rotfl: 

Still using 5-5-2 harness....Game works perfect!
Consider this "Coin-In" problem and Enhanced 1270 MPU Swap solved!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:01:21 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: 1270 Enhanced swap for a 3 reel game
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
Note the jumpers in the 663 harness from 21A to 20B & again from 28B to 27B. Those are not present in the 552 harness. Therefore the 16 bit I/O will cause coin jam error with the 552 harness just like using a 802 in place of a 801.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal