New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2020, 08:49:45 AM »
Give us an explanation of why you installed that Clear chip in the first place.

Turn off the power.
Remove MPU.
Take better pictures of the writing on your chips.
We cannot see anything except the SB100054 chip.

Once you do this, we will have better answers for you.

At least the MPU LED's aren't showing a red LED.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:22:13 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • FORDF150 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2020, 09:04:16 AM »
I thought your machine was working?

Give us an explanation of why you installed that Clear chip in the first place.

Turn off the power.
Remove MPU.
Take better pictures of the writing on your chips.
We cannot see anything except the SB100054 chip.

Once you do this, we will have better answers for you.

At least the MPU LED's aren't showing a red LED.
I wanted to see if I did a clear chat 97 [size=78%]17[/size]
[size=78%]But it did not solve the problem I tried doing other things shutting it down pulling all the cards out the MP board out all the stepper chips in there right socket I got two new RAM chips .[/size]
And I new 3 reel back light harness and then this problem pops up  . 4 Amber lights I do not know what that means
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:03:26 AM by FORDF150 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:41 AM »
Looks like the ram chips are in backwards.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2020, 10:16:01 AM »
You're where you were right the RAM chips were in the wrong way I put the seat mpu back in
Now I'm getting reels disconnected

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2020, 10:18:39 AM »
Looks like the ram chips are in backwards.
. You were right they were backwards now the machine boots up not only problem I have now reels disconnected

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2020, 10:43:47 AM »
See what happens when you post clearer pictures?  :rotfl: You get help!
Good job!  :cool_thumb_up:

Check your harness connections coming out of the back of the reels and where they plug into.
Don't remove anything or plug back in unless the power is OFF.

When working on these machines, take your time when plugging and unplugging stuff...rushing only breaks stuff.
Make sure chips are in the correct orientation and plugs are where they're supposed to be.
If you have any questions, take good pictures and explain what you did or what you want to do.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
I turned off the machine told all the plugs out I put in an extra three-row harness it seems like to me nothing happening I keep getting real disconnected I was wondering one of the wires on the pinout could be in the wrong spot

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2020, 11:44:39 AM »
That connector looks fine...check the back of the reels.
Pull each reel out one by one and inspect the connector pins both sides for anything bent.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2020, 12:11:47 PM »
All the pins go into the back of the reals are fine there is no power going to the real motors I'm not energized they're not powered on they just turned free you know I got a bad  harness I'm just not getting any power going to the real

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
That connector looks fine...check the back of the reels.
Pull each reel out one by one and inspect the connector pins both sides for anything bent.
I got the reels working I was trying to do with the wires on the harness now I still have the old problem my back lite reels  still aren't working I put a new controller board inside still nothing a mpu. does that control the back lite reels or any SENET DEVICE where can I find the circuit does it come from the cabinet card which I replaced still nothing
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:32:52 PM by FORDF150 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2020, 01:20:09 PM »
I had a similar problem. I had one of my reel plugs mounted on the reel shelf that had push its self backwards slightly out of place. This was not allow the reel it’s self to be fully connected to that plug. It looked fine. I reached around from under the shelf and held the plugs while I put the reels back in. Once connected my error cleared its self.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »
See what happens when you post clearer pictures?  :rotfl: You get help!
Good job!  :cool_thumb_up:

Check your harness connections coming out of the back of the reels and where they plug into.
Don't remove anything or plug back in unless the power is OFF.

When working on these machines, take your time when plugging and unplugging stuff...rushing only breaks stuff.
Make sure chips are in the correct orientation and plugs are where they're supposed to be.
If you have any questions, take good pictures and explain what you did or what you want to do.
  I had the back lights reels still don't come on but still dim. Put in new cabinet card.
I do not know what else to do
this is what I got
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:00:38 PM by FORDF150 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »
Have you tried to clear after you properly installed the RAM  chips?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »

I am still having the old issue what does backlight reels now I'm going to have to replace the harness going to replace the harness go to the board
To  the cabinet I/o
But I don't think this the real issue
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:29:29 PM by shortrackskater »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2020, 06:20:49 PM »
You've GOT to be kidding me?

WHY are those wires pulled out?

They were fine in your 1st picture!

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »
I think they were loose it's constantly taking the harness out of the card and swapping them I was thinking about fixing the wires but I don't have the special tool for  those  types of plugs
I need to know what kind of tool
But I don't think it's the solve my
So I can stop being a pest being annoying to some people

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
SB100054
SG000363
VS011NX5
Works with backlit reels.

hi it's me again  am still having ISUES
I just put in both lite controller board.
and cabinet card am still have the problem.

Online Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »
Ford,

Let's try this....

Assemble your machine back to the way it originally was,  meaning all chips in MPU the correct way, all wiring harnesses plugged in and routed/pinned correctly, all I/O Cards in their correct location, Reels installed, MPU seated, and anything else that you removed or have taken apart.

Now, once that is done, forget about your original problem and let's turn on the machine and start fresh.

Then and only then we will be willing to help you through this.

If you need assistance putting things back in their place, ask in a PM or post a photo here and a member will explain it to you one step at a time. That includes wiring and pin locations as well.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves again, this will cut down on the confusion.

So, one step at a time.

Then turn on the machine and post it's condition, make no furthur adjustments until directed to do so.

We want this game to play as much as you do.

Thank you,

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »
Ford,

Let's try this....

Assemble your machine back to the way it originally was,  meaning all chips in MPU the correct way, all wiring harnesses plugged in and routed/pinned correctly, all I/O Cards in their correct location, Reels installed, MPU seated, and anything else that you removed or have taken apart.

Now, once that is done, forget about your original problem and let's turn on the machine and start fresh.

Then and only then we will be willing to help you through this.

If you need assistance putting things back in their place, ask in a PM or post a photo here and a member will explain it to you one step at a time. That includes wiring and pin locations as well.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves again, this will cut down on the confusion.

So, one step at a time.

Then turn on the machine and post it's condition, make no furthur adjustments until directed to do so.

We want this game to play as much as you do.

Thank you,

Curtis ash100
. This is the beginning to be a problem I do not like doing this all the time to everybody I know I'm being annoying. I'm get your everybody told me to replace cabinet card and real control board I put the items in and still no result now a new problem this harness going to the cabinet card to the.
Lite controller board. just came apart I think it's just by playing with them all the time now I have to try to fix them instead of buying a new new one.
Back lite  controller board is getting power.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:29:04 PM by FORDF150 »

Online Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »
I know you don't want to spend anything more to get your game going, but at this point I'm afraid you have no choice. That's what happens when you just start taking things apart that you have no need to mess with.

I'm not sure how far you've made it on putting your machine back together, but you'll definitely need that harness to make any progress.

You can try to repair it by gently lifting the locking tab on the contact and re-inserting it into the connector. It will lock in if you haven't damaged the tab and the inside of the connector. That will sometimes work without having to crimp on new pins.

Otherwise you'll need to purchase that harness.

Did you get your MPU squared away? Put all of the chips in their correct locations facing the right direction?

You need to mount the Reel Light Controller on the back wall of the cabinet with the correct plate and cover assembly. Doing so will prevent shorts and un-necessaary strain on the wire harnesses.

Let us know once everything is back in place. We can still work with you, but do not get ahead of yourself, and stop taking things apart for no reason.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal