New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.  (Read 7985 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 02:02:51 PM »
Wrong hole...pull it back out...supposed to be NEXT to the orange stripe.
I can't really tell because it looks like you skipped a hole.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • FORDF150 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »
Wrong hole...pull it back out...supposed to be NEXT to the orange stripe.
I can't really tell because it looks like you skipped a hole.
is it the one on the very end of the black and orange wire

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
No....the black w/orange striped wire IS the last wire...stick the green in NEXT to it like in the yellow arrow I drew a picture for you.  :duh:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
No....the black w/orange striped wire IS the last wire...stick the green in NEXT to it like in the yellow arrow I drew a picture for you.  :duh:
I don't see no yellow arrow

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »
Please look at Reply#34.

Here's another picture...

Compare it to yours...>>>

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
Please look at Reply#34.

Here's another picture...

Compare it to yours...>>>
. What helps thank you but that doesn't solve the issue when I'm having with it lights to not brighten up when I do the lamp test diagnostic it still does the same thing

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »
In Reply#26, Jim suggested you may have a bad lamp control board.

Doesn't mean it will work but at least it'll be good to have a spare.

He may have one  for sale.

If not, place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for one, if not, there's plenty on ebay for sale.

When working on slot machines, never try to pull out Molex connector housings by the wires.

You'll just make things worse.

Also, never plug or pull connectors in/out with the power on.

That's a good way to burn out your machine.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »
In Reply#26, Jim suggested for you to get another lamp control board.

Doesn't mean it will work but at least it'll be good to have a spare.

He may have one  for sale.If not, place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for one, if not, there's plenty on ebay for sale.

When working on slot machines, never try to pull out Molex connector housings by the wires.

You'll just make things worse.

Also, never plug or pull connectors in/out with the power on.

That's a good way to burn out your machine.
do you think this double diamond support backlight reels because start can't get them to work the person I was talking to he has the same machine only his was a round top

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2019, 03:48:35 PM »
The cabinet type (9", 16", or round top) doesn't make any difference.  As long as the game software supports it (yours does) and the machine has all the necessary hardware installed (yours does), it will work if all the components work properly.  Looks like you've already determined the backlight controller board is bad.  Hopefully replacing that will resolve your problem.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2019, 04:07:48 PM »
The cabinet type (9", 16", or round top) doesn't make any difference.  As long as the game software supports it (yours does) and the machine has all the necessary hardware installed (yours does), it will work if all the components work properly.  Looks like you've already determined the backlight controller board is bad.  Hopefully replacing that will resolve your problem.
  do you have the same cabinet card on your machine does have the same part number same as mine lamp controller board I bought that just turn off eBay cuz I don't know what I'll be getting if I buy another one I'll be getting the same thing

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2019, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm not sure.  What are your part numbers and I'll check.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
. PN75427601

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 04:29:10 PM »
lamp controller board P/N 76924 100 REV A

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »
That matches mine and my cabinet I/O is 75427601.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
. On your double diamonds machine do you have the same 502 board same as me I'm just trying to figure out why my lamp controller board and still not working I was wondering if the npu board has anything to do with it being a computer board is the brain of the whole machine that controls everything

75510502 REV  A
You had the same model board
I was reading some of the threads on this site someone saying about an SS chip what is that and also saying about a real Chip does that have anything to do with my issue that I'm having or not because I really don't want to buy another lamp controller board and find out this one doesn't work does not brighten the lamps up and the other person was saying about logic circuit that controls the brightness of the lamps if I had the schematics of that board find out what circuit controls  on the lamp controller board

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »
I found out what version chip I have it took me awhile to figure it out I got that from the the machine
 VSO11GX1-93B4
Does this support the backlight wheels the same as mine

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »
Same Version chip I tried as in Reply #16...two days ago.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2019, 02:30:00 PM »
If you want to know what type of version chip you are using, go into the test menus,  select #1 Accounting, then go 1.6 version , then go through that menu, it will tell you every chip in that machine and its number. 

sounds like you have a bad controller board, not much else could be wrong!!!  IMHO.    power is hooked up, I/O is hooked up,  reels harness is hooked up. 

Jim
. Hi Jim I was wondering if you carry a good lamp controller board with no problems I don't have very much money to play with as long as it works in one of your machines because I don't want to buy one off eBay and then and get it and put it in and find out this one does not work
This is my PayPal account
donna1071944@outlook.com

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 08:38:19 AM »
Okay...I just tried it with the VS011GX1 and the backlights work as well...so the problem isn't with your version chips I think.

We need to find the power (13Vdc) ground wire going to your reel back lights...either you don't have power going to the lamps or they're all burned out.
But you did say that they're dim? I don't remember.  :duh:
If so, the lamp control board isn't working due to one of two things...a broken wire or bad lamp control board.
It's supposed to send more juice to certain lamps to brighten them up.

okay below is my reel harness pulled out...easy to do...
Pull out the 3 reels from the tray and place aside.
Pull out hopper....just makes more room.

Undo white twister circle clips from behind reel tray on harness.
Pull out connector from back light board. (Top one on the right and clip is in the middle).

Squeeze clips on sides of the White Molex reel connectors to remove from the tray rearward.
You have 3 Molexes to get out.
Pull out black reel harness connector from backplane board.
Squeeze middle of long black connector....the clip is on the left side of it as you squeeze and pull at the same time.
Place harness on bench in front of you with good lighting and set multi-meter to continuity.

Shoot me a picture of your multimeter and I'll show you where to turn your dial to.
Lemmie know when you're ready...it's midnight here in New York...haha

There's a common wire between the whole thing ...we gotta find it the broken one.

1st one I wanna check is the solid red wire...that's common 13 volts power running from the backplane board to the 3 reels and back light board.
The ground wire is.....I'm looking
I'll look for some schematics in my library.
Found them...it's below the link to the photo.
Click on any photo to enlarge...>>>
the schematics of the Board that you showed me I just noticed something and I'm looking at the schematics of the reels 13 * 14 nothing is not in those two pins did you give me the rights schematics I'm going to show you a picture of the plug that goes into the lamp controller board I am thinking maybe that's probably why they're not flashing because pins 13 and 14 are empty
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:27:57 AM by FORDF150 »

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »
Okay...I just tried it with the VS011GX1 and the backlights work as well...so the problem isn't with your version chips I think.

We need to find the power (13Vdc) ground wire going to your reel back lights...either you don't have power going to the lamps or they're all burned out.
But you did say that they're dim? I don't remember.  :duh:
If so, the lamp control board isn't working due to one of two things...a broken wire or bad lamp control board.
It's supposed to send more juice to certain lamps to brighten them up.

okay below is my reel harness pulled out...easy to do...
Pull out the 3 reels from the tray and place aside.
Pull out hopper....just makes more room.

Undo white twister circle clips from behind reel tray on harness.
Pull out connector from back light board. (Top one on the right and clip is in the middle).

Squeeze clips on sides of the White Molex reel connectors to remove from the tray rearward.
You have 3 Molexes to get out.
Pull out black reel harness connector from backplane board.
Squeeze middle of long black connector....the clip is on the left side of it as you squeeze and pull at the same time.
Place harness on bench in front of you with good lighting and set multi-meter to continuity.

Shoot me a picture of your multimeter and I'll show you where to turn your dial to.
Lemmie know when you're ready...it's midnight here in New York...haha

There's a common wire between the whole thing ...we gotta find it the broken one.

1st one I wanna check is the solid red wire...that's common 13 volts power running from the backplane board to the 3 reels and back light board.
The ground wire is.....I'm looking
I'll look for some schematics in my library.
Found them...it's below the link to the photo.
Click on any photo to enlarge...>>>
. The schematics board of the lamp controller board are you sure this is the right schematics because I did not realize I'm looking at the plug that goes into the board and I'm looking at the plug going to the reals by 13 + 14 from the reals going to the back light controller board those pins or empty 13 + 14 I just noticed it when I was looking at the schematics
The plugs on the harness are not numbered so how would I know which wire goes to where

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal