New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 831-ZZSH large payout problems (none)  (Read 1268 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally 831-ZZSH large payout problems (none)
« on: December 14, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »
The machine accepts coins 1, 2 or 3.  Payouts out on all payouts of 18 coins or less.  Does not pay on the larger payouts. 
3 watermelons should pay 20 coins ($5).  No payout at all.  this is true for 3 7's , 3 bars.
any suggestions where to start[size=78%]?[/size]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:04:18 AM by rjpohl »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 831-ZZSH large payout problems (none)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 02:46:24 PM »
I would start with the reel wipers. If the wiper boards buttons are dirty or tarnished at all you could have a bad connection. Same goes for the wipers them self. I had a similar problem with a Continental a while back. I cleaned everything really good and my payout problem was gone..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
Sounds like the outboard wipers on your payboard are not making contact.
Clean and bend a bit to add tension.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:22:39 PM »
Wiper boards jackpot contacts seldom get used and may need cleaning.
Same with the payout step up unit 100, 200 contact strips might need cleaning and or adjustments.

Since all 3 are not working, look for a relay switch stack which may still be labeled, jackpot relay.
Most likely needs to be cleaned and or adjusted.
I would check this first before spinning your wheels.
Jackpot relays can be found next to 3rd wiper board or in a stack of switches on the odds unit.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:55:40 AM »
I was messing with different payouts and by chance I rocked the 3rd reel and the jackpot payout started to payout.  I then noticed that the wipers where way off of the 3rd reel.  I adjusted the wiper and I think it's working fine.  I tried payouts on all three lines. 

The only little problem is that the symbols are all a bit higher the center of lines.  The 1st and 3rd are decent by the 2nd reel symbols are higher.  Do I have to un-crimp the strips to slide them?

thanks
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
sometimes you can slide them enough to get them where you want them.  with the reels locked in place place your fingers on the strips and try and slide them in the direction (it takes some pressure to do this, don't let your fingers slip or you will slice your finger open on the tin edging like I did) if not then, yes, you have to un crimp, use a small screwdriver to gently open the pressure points, and not damage the strips, usually only needed around the point where the strips ends meet. when you get them where you want it , re crimp them using a pair of small diagonal cutters.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 11:46:46 AM »
Thought I had it working correctly but noticed that it does not payout when the 3 bars are on line 3 (bottom line see pic) (should pay out $25). 
It does pay the 5 quarters for cherries being on 1 and 2 reels (on line 1)

When the 3 bars are on line 1 (middle line see pic) it does pay out $25 for the bars plus 5 quarters for cherries on 1 and 2.

When bars are on line 2 (top line no pic) it does pay $25 as it should.

As far as I can tell it's just the when bars are on line 3 that it doesn't pay the $25

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
Put your bars back up on line 3 and try rocking the reels up and down one at a time. You could just have a dirty wiper contact, or you have a problem in the feature units third reel relay contacts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 11:36:24 AM »
I've tried every payout and they all work properly except when 3 bars are on the bottom line.

I removed reel from cabinet and set the arms in the deepest notch, which I thought would line up the 7's on the center line,  see attached pic of what I have.

thanks

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 172
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
according to my docs, the 831-ZZSH used index discs P-684-[168, 168, 169] in the three reels.  Yup, reels 1 and 2 used the same index discs.  The numbers should be stamped on them if you want to sanity check.

the deepest slot on -168 is at position 22.  The deepest slot on -169 is position 1.

the reel tapes are all different, and [melon, plum, seven] on the center line is correct when the reels are indexed in the deepest slots.

assuming 3 bars works on the other paylines, below is the reel wiper/contact plate diagram.  Note the diagram is the wiring side, so if you are looking at the wiper side you have to flip left/right.

you want to check the path by connecting the highlighted wires, starting at 93 on reel 3.   i.e. the circuit is:
reel 3 : 93->18
reel 2 : 18 -> 30-1
reel 1 : 30-1 -> 36-1

36-1 powers the bar relay, and the bar relay/switches is ok if bars pays on other lines.

I have the schem and some paperwork for the machine.  Yell if you need it.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 06:29:02 AM »
Wolftalk thanks for the info, I think I understand it and will test connection with ohm meter in the next couple of day.
Also the index disc are as you stated.

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »
I have continuity between 93 -> 18 on reel 3
I have continuity between 30-1 -> 36-1 on reel 1

I do not have continuity between 18 -> 30-1 on reel 2

I found that there is only one wire connected to the 30-1 terminal on reel board, all the others have 2 wires each.  There is not a wire going to the wiper button.  I do not see any loose wires.

There is one red wire near the reel board 3 that is cut off and hanging loose, (I'll post pic later)

thanks
Bob

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »

I do not have continuity between 18 -> 30-1 on reel 2

I found that there is only one wire connected to the 30-1 terminal on reel board, all the others have 2 wires each.  There is not a wire going to the wiper button.  I do not see any loose wires.

assuming reel 2 is positioned with a bar on the problem payline, then no continuity is a problem. Usually it's a wiper<->rivet poor connection, but in your case it looks like the spaghetti wire connecting wire 30-1 to the rivet is broken off/missing.

wire 30-1 should connect to the rivet highlighted on column 5 on the wiper diagram ... see if there's a spaghetti wire on that rivet with the other end flopping around someplace.

a typical oops would be the spaghetti wire got snagged by the adjacent reel wiper arm and broke the wire off one end of where it was connected - a rivet or a terminal lug.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »
Yeah, I didn't see any loose or broken off wires hanging off the wiper board.  It's a bit difficult to see so tomorrow I will try to unbolt the board and examine it better.
thanks for the help, it's really appreciated.
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
Wolftalk,
would you happen to have the information for 3 bars on line 1 and 2?  You supplied line 3 info in reply #9.
I'm interested to see if 30-1 is used for those lines too.
thanks
Bob

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
it's the same diagram, but what changes is where the wipers are positioned.

the labels at the top of the columns are the top line symbol, the labels across the middle are the centerline symbol, etc.

so, for example, when you have a bar on the centerline, the wipers will be one column to the left on the diagram (position/slot depth 6), and none of those rivets are connected to wire 30-1.

the only time wipers are sitting on rivets with wire 30-1 connected to them is when the wipers are at position/slot depth 5, and that only happens when there's a bar on the bottom line.

I guess the obvious question is how I came up with the preceding paragraph ... if you really want a bad explanation, I can take a shot at it, but it relies on the P-684-* and  m-222-* docs I put on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/831-ZZSH . I recommend you take a few shots of something yourself, take a look at those two things, (along with the w-1046-* schematic if you don't have it) and see if it make sense.  The key thing is the "division numbers" on the m-222 doc matches the "slot numbers" on the P-684 doc.

note the docs have info for more machines than yours.  Look in the info text file for which rows of data apply to your game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:27:24 PM by wolftalk »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 05:27:49 PM »
I clicked on link in reply above but it gives me a 404 error.

Update:  I found it, had to leave the 831-zzsh off, then when I got to site I found it!

It's starting to make a little sense, I can see how to make sure reel strips are in correct position,  all 3 are different.

Now  If I can figure out a way to make the print outs a little larger!!  My old eyes have trouble with small print!  lol

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:58:38 PM by rjpohl »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
oops, sorry, the sentence ending period got included in the link.  Fixed it.

the files on the bingo site are all 300dpi, so you should be able to zoom in on them as big as you like to make reading easier.  If you want print outs, most fedex copy centers have self-serve large format printers.  They typically want a jpg file, and the print will cost a few dollars in greyscale.  Blueprint shops can do it too, tho ask the price first :-)

the trick with the reel strip positioning is to find the reference hole on the slotted index discs.  There's another thread that has more info if you search. 

afaik, that's how the factory people did it because you don't need to know anything about the game....position the reel in the slot per the reference hole, put the top symbol of the reel tape on so it's on the center/only payline and crimp it in place.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:54:01 PM by wolftalk »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »
For future reference/needs where is W-1041 {2369-2370-2371] located?  I didn't see it in the 831-zzsh directory.
thanks
Bob I

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
oops, there now.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal