New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Medilist  (Read 942 times)

Offline Thompy

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Thompy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Medilist
« on: December 28, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the reels on this machine, basically all the reels kick of but he first reel and second at times kicks off and index the minute the handle is pulled, now I have adjusted the trip lever stop bracket as much as I can and the reels are indexing ok but you sort of have to pull harder on the handle like hard to release the reels, I have adjusted the compression spring which takes me back to the same situation ie the first and sometimes the second reel indexing and not spinning, is there something else I can look at or a starting point?

Many thanks as always

Thompy

It takes a special person to appreciate the M - therockinelvis

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Medilist
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
Normal settings I use to start with are back of L-stop bracket flush with the back of mech, and abou 3 to 6 threads showing on your rod. It can be tricky. Too few threads showing means longer arm which doesn’t allow reel arms to latch out fully. Try adjusting for more threads showing.  Remember there are 2 nuts on the shaft.
If it’s hard to pull, most probably you have both misadjusted L-stop and too long a shaft. If you have 8 or more threads, then first off I would adjust the Lstop, change shaft length and then start over? If you’re too far out of whack, it’ll be almost impossible to adjust.
Might be a bit of work, so be patient.
Let us know...
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 01:05:59 PM »
Good man really appreciate the help, went through that and eventually got there, yes patience is required lol
I have another small issue in that the 3 oranges 3 plums, bells, melons don't pay off on the first coin, it seems to be in the reel mech as I have another mech that pays correctly, I haven't worked on electros for some time I'm going grey even more by the day lol

Many thanks again

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 04:11:43 PM »
 What is the machine and the pay structure?

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 06:10:10 PM »
Ahh sorry it's a medilist again, 3 coin the first coin does not pay off them wins, the other reels that you pay them reel wins are fine.

Many thanks again, tomorrow I'll clean the pins etc again I can't see any broken wires.

Cheers  :applause:

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 07:45:34 PM »
medalist as in model 1081 ... the oddball 5 reel machine that is "three 3-reel games in one" ... i.e. the first coin activates reels 1-3, the second coin 2-4 and the third coin 3-5?

not even a cherry on reel 1 pays?  If not, look for solid gray wire 90 that connects to reel 3 wiper board and continues on to reel 1 wiper board.  Verify it's connections look good, including to pin 25 on the bottom reel unit plug connection.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »
Hi there, yes that's the one, I'll check them all out and come back.

Many thanks

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 12:49:03 AM »
Sorry only getting back to this now, my mistake cherries does pay and also sevens the rest nothing, I'll get another look this evening when I get home.

Many thanks for the help.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 02:09:50 AM »
below is the wiper wiring for the game for reels 1-3 ... probably.

the pays for one coin are fed from wire 90 on reel 3 and pop out reel 1 on various wires to the payout counter.

for example, an orange-orange-bar has this connection trail:

reel 3 - wire 90 to wire 38-7
reel 2 - wire 38-7 to wire 75-8 to wire 62-8 (two separate finger pairs are tying wire 75-8 to wires, so all three are connected together)
reel 1 - wire 62-8 to wire 27

wire 27 connects to the 10 trace on the payout counter disc.

the arced lines mean multiple rivets on the contact plates are connected together.  e.g. on reel 3  wire 90 is on 7 adjacent rivets.  The most likely thing is you have a break in wiring connecting those rivets together so you lose all the pays after the break, or the wiper finger on the 90 rivets has contact issues.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »
You guys are the best, was a bad connection on a wiper arm!

Many thanks, one other thing the cherry on the second coin isn't paying off but it is if you get three on the first coin, I can't see anything at the min, any ideas guys?

Many thanks as always

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 01:39:00 PM »
referring to the diagram in the previous post, a single cherry win on second coin is wires 91 to 10-8 in the CH column on reel 2.  Check the rivets/wipers at that spot. 

if that's the only pay that doesn't work, it's possible a diode has gone bad/open.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 04:29:57 PM »
Ok nice one, I'll check them wipers again, I can swop the wiper
boards with the diodes on and bell back from your diagrams.

Many thanks again :nlg-logo: [size=78%] [/size]

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 03:22:40 PM »
Hi again, nice one a bad diode, really appreciate the help, still a few small things should be back here at some point but thanks again!

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:03 PM »
Hi there, I know this has been mentioned many times but I just can't get this machine to pay correctly, if I use the roller where the coins exit the hopper it pays incorrectly the spiral seems to go too far as I have another hopper I can look at which works, but if I press the payout coil the correct amount of time on the hopper if you know the one it pays correctly, the zero stop looks good?

Also the spiral cam the teeth look good, I have checked the stack of switched that are under the roller and they seem good, if I short the bottom of these the hopper pulses as if a coin has passed under the roller?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 12:51:44 PM »
the 1081 isn't as obvious as many games.  There's a high payout and low payout feed on the payout counter disc.  Unfortunately, I don't have the diagram for that unit.

payout is electrically stepped, so all the roller does on the hopper is close two redundant switches when a coin passes under.   

the payout counter step-up coil should power and step the unit every time the switch(es) close for a low payout thru a low payout relay switch.   

high payouts route thru multiple paths depending on what the win is.  There's an X2, X3 and high payout relay along with X2 and X3 units.  The units may look like pinball score reels or they may be small units with little cams that close a switch every 2nd or 3rd step of the unit.

it may be easiest to pick a payout that doesn't work right and:
1] how many coins came out
2] post a picture of the payout counter with the position of the wipers
3] post more pictures of the payout counter with the wipers stepped at least halfway around so the trace patterns can be seen
4] post pictures of what's inside the upper compartment of the game

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »
Ok many thanks, the two step up units for the 2nd coin and 3rd coin do pulse round I will see if I can get some videos up, many thanks again!

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 02:42:29 PM »
if you can reach the low payout relay and/or the high payout relay ... or come up with a way to hold the armature plate down on the coil top, you should be able to:

1] spin and have no win
2] hold down the low payout relay armature
3] lift the roller on the hopper like a coin would.  Every time you lift, the payout counter wipers should step

repeat except hold down the high payout relay armature instead of the low.

for an X2 wins:

1] spin and no win
2] hold down the high payout relay armatures and the X2 relay armature
3] lift the roller.  Every time you lift, the X2 unit should step around and the payout counter will step every other time

for X3 wins, repeat but hold down X3 relay armature instead of X2 and the payout counter steps every third time.

if your X2 and X3 unit are pinball score reels, then the most likely problem - if only X2/X3 pays have issues - is the contact plate under the reel is cruddy.  Google for cleaning bally score reels and find a video with the same style of reel.

if you don't have three hands, instead of holding down the high payout relay armature, jumper the switch with the grey/brown and brown/orange wires closed.

to jumper the low payout relay, jump the switch with the grey/brown to red/green wires.

Offline Thompy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 02:39:20 PM »
Ok man I get you I'm going through all this, I'm finding switches that haven't been cleaned this thirty years.

I will come back,

Many thanks for all your help!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal