New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SAS via SPC 2 or 2.5 card on Aristocrat  (Read 857 times)

Offline techtoons

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • techtoons New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SAS via SPC 2 or 2.5 card on Aristocrat
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »
I've got a Timber Wolf game, MK6 machine, with an SPC 2.5 II card in it. I can view the game started/game ended with SASTest 2.0.0.0, and send commands to the machine. However, I haven't been able to have any commands where I add credits actually work. I can query for status, and some other things, but it doesn't like adding anything with EFT.

Part of it might be my ignorance on the ins and outs of SASTest. I also was able to successfully connect using Slots @ Home software. It reads the correctly identifies the machine but again, doesn't take additional funds.

I had a couple of questions. When I insert a ticket printed on the machine, it tries three times and then spits it out saying "Invalid bill."  All dip switches on the BACC are off, which from what I've seen, seems to be the settings for cash/tickets.

I don't get any SAS traffic on SASTest when I do this though.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a possible handshake or code I'm missing?

-Jay

Offline bogan

• bogan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: SAS via SPC 2 or 2.5 card on Aristocrat
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:07:54 PM »
Been a while since I have worked on a SAS machine, but from memory most (if not all) machines need to be configured for bonusing and/or EFT. The small amount I have played with US Ari games, that was configured via the SPC options in the Audit Menu. You may need a ram clear to do it.

Offline techtoons

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »
Thanks Bogan,

When you say memory clear, you mean a set chip reset, not the memory on the SPC card, correct?

-Jay

Offline bogan

• bogan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 03:23:42 AM »
Thanks Bogan,

When you say memory clear, you mean a set chip reset, not the memory on the SPC card, correct?

-Jay

Yes, slot ram clear via set chip reset. Pretty sure once the SAS settings are configured, they are until the next ram clear.

I'll be going trough this same pain soon, so I might end up coming back to you for advice!

Offline techtoons

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Thanks Bogan,

I'm planning on documenting as I go and maybe writing up a how-to. Depends on how calmly it goes ;)

My biggest fear is not getting it back working again. I have an IGT 3 reeler that I replaced the battery on and set chipped it. It's back running, more or less. When I put a bill into it, it just gives me change in quarters. Haven't figured that one out.

-Jay

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »
"I have an IGT 3 reeler that I replaced the battery on and set chipped it.
It's back running, more or less. When I put a bill into it, it just gives me
change in quarters. Haven't figured that one out"

If its a S+ then there's a setting to change
the so the money in goes to credit not payed out.
You will need to get the PSR for your game chips.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline techtoons

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
Thanks Paul.

Pretty sure the game needs a PSR 1127. Looking for one now.

-Jay
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:56:36 PM by techtoons »

Offline techtoons

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:39:33 PM »
I wasn't finding 1127, which was printed on a sticker. I ran the internal (test button) schtick and found it appears to be SP731 and downloaded from the lib. I looked through it, and it seemed self test page 8 was what I needed. The description was a little confusing as it said if you choose a 1, it puts an accepted bill into credit. Choose a 0 and it follows the user's choice of credit or pay. However the machine doesn't offer any user choices other than playing with 1 or 2 quarters :)

I tried both (at least what I thought was the right way), and neither seemed to change it.

I didn't find any mentions of exiting test mode. I finally figured out that if I cycled through until there were no more options, then closed the door, it went back to playing. I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing to "save" changes?

--Jay

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal