New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Button Light Problem.  (Read 1304 times)

Offline AcePeter

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • AcePeter New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Button Light Problem.
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:47:02 AM »
Hello I have one of my IGT S+ that has an issue with the PLAY MAX CREDITS button. The light  refuses to come on no matter what I do.  I've changed the bulb (555) and even the switch but still refuses to come on.. All the wires seem to be in place and correct, Any other suggestions? It works when I push it, but the light is still  dead even though the bulb is good.

It was the blue single wire that was broken. A very easy fix once found.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:22:00 AM by AcePeter »
If losing was a winner, I'd be a multi millionaire.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Button Light Problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
Sounds like maybe the male pin and female receptor pin for that line is oxidized at the point of connection in the Molex housing to the motherboard on the cabinet floor and on top of the MPU tray....but more likely on the floor connection.
You can easily follow the harness back from the door harness to the MPU tray.
Pull out the connector on the motherboard after pulling out the MPU tray and pull out the one on top of the tray and re-seat them, that will help rub off some of the oxidization and maybe get some signals thru the line.
Note...never pull by the wires...only squeeze release latch and pull by the housing....sometimes you have to wiggle it while squeezing the latch.

Better yet, while it's off, spray some "De-Oxit" onto the female receptor pins in the connector and on the male pins on the motherboard.
Let the alcohol dry a bit before powering back up.

The other thing to look at is the common ground wire that runs to all the buttons....it very easy to find, one wire is linked to all the buttons on one side of the plugs while the other wire is different color from the all the others.
The different colored wire is the "hot" wire - in simplest terms....check that one too.
Using a multi-meter, see if you're getting any voltage thru that line.
You can also use the machine S+ flip sheet Tests located here...>>>

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=18866.0
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
 :thank_you:  Stayouttadabonker

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:55 AM »
no prob....just let us know if you make any progress or not....might have some other ideas for you to try Ace.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:51 PM »
Hey stayouttadabunker I tried all this is still no luck.  Every thing works but that Play Max CREDITS light.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
Check the 2 wires on the bulb itself. One may have pushed up or over to the side and is not making contact.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »
Is the bulb burned out?  :Scratch-Head: Check bulb with multimeter.
oops...sorry, I didn't see mark's reply above

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »
Is the bulb burned out?  :Scratch-Head: Check bulb with multimeter.
oops...sorry, I didn't see mark's reply above
It's all good Mark.   :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mark

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:12:05 PM »
Thanks for all the help and responses. Gonna go after it again.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »
get into your test mode, (door open, press the white test button) advance until you see a 10 in the winners paid window, now advance in that menu until you see a number 41 in the winners paid widow, press the spin button, the insert coin lamp will come on, move to 42 in the winners paid window, press the spin button, the coins inserted come on, now advance one more time, a 44 will come up in the WP window, press the spin button the lamp should come on, of not you can put a meter across the two lamp prongs and when you press the button it should register 6.3 vac,  one side of the lamp is common to all lamps, the other come from the cpu to turn on the bulb.  all the bulbs are the same for all the buttons, so you can check the bulb that way.

some times the blue wire gets busted and there is only one wire in the connector, check that out , it is a ground for the bezel lamps.

if not I can get out the schematics and trace the wiring back to the plug.

jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »
Thanks Jim. I sure appreciate it.

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »
I sure appreciate all the responses. I've tried everything as mentioned above. The test had all the other button lights come on except the PLAY MAX CREDITS. I put a meter on the two lamp prongs on the PLAY MAX CREDITS and it's getting no voltage. But when I hit the PLAY MAX CREDITS it plays as it should, it's getting voltage there except for the light.  :duh: :duh:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:48:02 AM by knagl »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 11:40:01 AM »
two sets of wires for that unit, the bulb has a solid blue on one prong and a blue with a red tracer on the other.  the switch has a solid green on the common, yellow and brown on the N.O  and a Open on the N.C.    solid blue has the hot 6.3vac on it all the time   Q-1 provides the common to the bulb

Q-1 controls that lamp,  if you were to jump a wire from one of the other button lamp over to the max bet button lamp it should work, that would rule out the socket etc. ( jump the other wire color ,not the solid blue)

if you took out the board,  and ohmed out P1 pin 25b   to the blue/red wire on the lamp socket you should get continuity, (zero ohms)  if that is good then all your wiring is good, must have a bad Q-1. 

I believe Q-3 is a spare , not used for anything ??

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
Thanks Jim. I hope I can figure it out. Sure appreciate you responding. :thank_you:

Offline AcePeter

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 04:18:00 PM »
Jim you're a genius.  It was the blue wire that was busted. I (Y'all) fixed it and now it works. The wire
  was busted like you said.  :garfield: :thank_you: Thanks to everyone who replied and got my machine 100% Statouttadabunker, sixcardmark, and Jim. Because of y'all I'am more knowledgeable. :thank_you:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:27:43 AM by AcePeter »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal