New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA 12/13 Inconsistent  (Read 1641 times)

Offline octoolguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WBA 12/13 Inconsistent
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:01:32 PM »
Hello all, go easy on me, I'm old. Anyway, on my IGT S2000 DDD machine, I have just gotten it up and operating after a year of nonoperation. I had to replace the mpu. The bill validator worked fine before all of my problems started. They were caused by a bad coin battery and the Varta battery leaked. Anyway, now the machine is working fine with the exception of the BV. It is inconsistent in that it will take some bills and some not. I have tried them in both facing both directions and that doesn't seem to matter. I am using pretty decent bills and never know when it's going to take them and when it's not. Also, the light used to illuminate the insertion point but not anymore so that would be nice to fix. I took the BV out and looked it over pretty good. The belts are like new, the rollers had some residue on them that I scraped off with my fingernails. They are pretty clean now. The lenses seems to have what I would call a "foggy" appearance to them. I don't know if that means they need cleaning or they are cloudy from wear. I don't want to do anything to them until I know more. Everything seems to be in good clean working order otherwise. I hate things that should work but don't and it will drive me nuts until I can fix them. Thanks for any advice that might come my way. This website is a God send.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WBA 12/13 Inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 06:49:12 PM »
Your validator may need to be calibrated if it somtimes takes the bills and sometimes it doesn't.  As far as the light is concerned the system the system turns on the light when the validator is ready to take bills.  Have you inspected the connection point to the light board behind the "insert bills" sign?  Then trace the cable to make sure there's no break or damage?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 06:56:31 PM »
Your validator may need to be calibrated if it somtimes takes the bills and sometimes it doesn't.  As far as the light is concerned the system the system turns on the light when the validator is ready to take bills.  Have you inspected the connection point to the light board behind the "insert bills" sign?  Then trace the cable to make sure there's no break or damage?

I didn't see any "cable" at all but I'll look again. If it needs calibration, how does a person go about doing that? I hate to appear ignorant but, what the heck, I am.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 07:52:49 PM »
The foggy lens may be your problem.  You may want to look at replacing that scanner head.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
There's a 5 pin cable that comes out of the light assembly, follow that cable, it plugs to the back of the validator.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 11:50:47 PM »
There's a 5 pin cable that comes out of the light assembly, follow that cable, it plugs to the back of the validator.

I'm thinking something is missing from my machine. There is no cable and I really don't see a light assembly. Where should it be? When I release the two catches the head pops up and reveals all the wheels and sensors but I don't see anyplace for a light assembly. What am I missing?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 08:06:33 AM »
The light assembly is attached on the main door side.  Behind the yellow plastic bezel that lights up, there should be a PCB with 2 twist out bulbs (or a LED board depending on which type it had).  There is a cable attached to this PCB that runs across the door and all the way around to the back of the validator.  The validator has 3 connectors that attach to the validator harness that is just behind the validator cage.  The 5 pin connector is the signal cable for the validator, the 2 pin is power to the validator and the other one is the one that controls the light attached to the main door that lights up.  You could just have blown bulbs if your model has bulbs.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »
The light assembly is attached on the main door side.  Behind the yellow plastic bezel that lights up, there should be a PCB with 2 twist out bulbs (or a LED board depending on which type it had).  There is a cable attached to this PCB that runs across the door and all the way around to the back of the validator.  The validator has 3 connectors that attach to the validator harness that is just behind the validator cage.  The 5 pin connector is the signal cable for the validator, the 2 pin is power to the validator and the other one is the one that controls the light attached to the main door that lights up.  You could just have blown bulbs if your model has bulbs.

Thanks so much. I found what you are referring to. I will have to trace those wires. I have a terrible time with my glasses on but without them, totally impossible. It's going to be a bit** no matter what. I'll gitterdone though. Thanks again. By the way, the bulbs look to be ok. I'm going to test them with an ohm meter. If I need new ones, where can they be found. I also need to replace the bulbs under all the buttons but still don't know where to buy them.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 12:46:26 PM »
I would replace them with LEDs, they last longer and give the buttons a nice white glow, which makes them look more modern.  Any 12v T1 3/4 should work on the S2000.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »
I would replace them with LEDs, they last longer and give the buttons a nice white glow, which makes them look more modern.  Any 12v T1 3/4 should work on the S2000.

Any suggestions on where to buy either one? I'd love to replace with LED's but I have no idea where to buy or which ones. Thanks again.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »

I did a google with that number "12v T1 3/4" and found LED's for about $6.50 ea but they don't have that same twist base. Is there a conversion that I need or what? Please, explain if you can. Thanks.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 04:28:42 PM »
The base is a socket, the bulb is removable, you pull it out and put the new bulb in it's place.  Also depending on the bulb holder that are in your validator light board, you need to read this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8337.0

If you have the black holders that would cause a short, you need to keep the wire from wrapping around the bulb (just cut the extra wire that makes it wrap around) so you don't get the short and smoke something.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal