New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Trying to bypass Optics, but my wires are different??  (Read 1448 times)

Offline murf2222

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • murf2222 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Trying to bypass Optics, but my wires are different??
« on: June 29, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »
I want to bypass the Door Optics on my S2000, but the wire colors on the instructions/photos I've found here are different than mine. (specifically the thread *How to permanently bypass S2000 door optics*),

*My Door optic has Green and Red wires going to it
*My Cabinet optic has Green and Purple

Can someone clue me in on which color I'm supposed to connect the bypass wire to?  My goal is to connect to the cherry switch.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Trying to bypass Optics, but my wires are different??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »
The door optic is irrelevant. The connection is made inside the cabinet behind the reel shelf. This diagram is accurate as well as the colors of the wires.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:02 PM »
Ah!  Thank you RB......I finally located the connector in your photo (Green / Red ).  It was tucked away and hidden on my machine.

So if I follow that diagram, AND use the plug in your photo it looks like I can figure it out now! (yes, some of us are quite slow with this kind of stuff :).

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 02:04:19 PM »
Your finished harness should look something like this. Mine is plug & play without alteration to the machine harness.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:41:58 PM by RB »

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »
Well, I tried following the diagram exactly, and no luck.  I am still getting MB Closure errors / call attendant.

What's REALLY confusing me NOW is what appears to be contradictory info on the thread where that diagram was originally posted.  One Poster (Foster) mentioned something about only needing to connect the Red Door optic wire to the Green machine optic wire.   And that the Purple machine optic wire isn't connected to the Green Door optic wire at all?  In fact one of the last posts in that thread tried to simplify it for someone confused like me and indicated the same.......

"T Now forget everything you have ever read about bypassing door optics.  Try this using only one piece of wire about 5 feet long ( you don't need welding cable 26/28 ga is plenty big enough ) OK now remove about 3/8 of a inch of insulation on both ends of this new wire. Unplug the door optics, stick the bare end of the wire into the optic plug hole that has the RED wire and plug the cptic back together. do the same thing with the other end of the wire at the cabnet optics but this time it goes into the hole with the Green wire."
[/size][/color]

[/size][/color]

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 08:04:17 PM »
Here's how I do mine.  Take the connector from the belly door switch , squeeze down the red female spade terminal and connect it to the white plunger switch on the cabinet located by the optics. Connect to the Com. and N.O. terminals.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »
Disconnect the optics and connect the belly door switch Molex connector to the optics cabinet harness to where you just disconnected the optics and then connect the 2 female spade terminals to the White plunger switch Com. and  N.O. terminals . By Using The outer 2 terminals , of the  lower 3 terminals, on the switch as pictured.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
Now remove your reels and cut the Green and Red wire at the  point next to the cable tie or go up to the next cable tie if you want a little more length to work with.  Route that cut wires down behind the reel shelf down to the top Right corner of the Motherboard.  You will be  splicing in the Green and Red wire at this point.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:46:13 PM by Sunrise Side »

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 08:36:07 PM »
At the top right corner of the motherboard is J ? I have to get that J number and wire numbers on the Molex  tomorrow.  You will find the Purple and Green wires that  come from the White Plunger switch.  You will ONLY cut the Purple wire!!!  Then connect the Red and Green wires to the cut Purple wire. MUST  Connect the Green wire to the Purple wire at the Molex  and connect the Red wire to the Purple going into the harness to the plunger switch.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
Thats it  . Let me know if I need to modify my information

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »
Try this, properly align the original optics and replace the MPU which probably still has the corroded green Varta battery still on it. Then you don't have to worry about chopping up a perfectly good wiring harness and eliminate your frustration trying to bypass a perfectly good system that the factory designed.
99% of the time optics are not aligned properly or the MPU is toast.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 10:20:04 PM »
Boy I sure hope it's not the MPU, but No signs of the green battery leaking.  I've spent literally HOURS adjusting the optics with minimal success, and it never seems to last......That's why I decided to ditch them altogether so I could at least eliminate them being the cause of all my MB Closure and now Coin-in errors.

Sunrise, thanks a ton for posting all of that, but your machine doesn't seem to look like mine - PLUS, now that I've hacked into my wiring harness and spent hours trying to duplicate the setup in the diagram shown at the beginning of the thread, I would like to stay on THAT path.

I cannot believe how frustrating this machine has been, especially because I chose it based on what I'd read about how robust the S2000 was.  I gave up on trying to repair a 20+ year old Aristocrat with bad power supply as everyone was telling me it was a boat-anchor, but gotta say that thing was bullet-proof compared to THIS machine  :(

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 04:18:38 AM »
Post a picture of the MPU where the green battery is/or used to be.

Moderator please move to S2000
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 04:24:09 AM »
Try this, properly align the original optics and replace the MPU which probably still has the corroded green Varta battery still on it. Then you don't have to worry about chopping up a perfectly good wiring harness and eliminate your frustration trying to bypass a perfectly good system that the factory designed.
99% of the time optics are not aligned properly or the MPU is toast.

:I_agree_1:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 05:34:26 AM »
there are two other areas that will give you intermittent door open signals, the cash can door switch and the belly door switch, both of these should be bypassed.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »
I've previously bypassed both the Cash door and the Belly door switches.  I see zero signs of any leakage onto any of the traces/circuits. (I just tried uploading a photo, but it's not working now?)Thanks for all the advise guys....I need all the help I can get :)

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 09:29:38 AM »
......And if anybody knows of an S2000 expert that is near San Diego area, I'd certainly be willing to pay them to come over and help me diagnose this thing :)

Also, I'd be interested in hiring one of the resident S2000 experts here to do a phone consultation and walk me thru diagnosing this, I can paypal you the $.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:10:13 AM by murf2222 »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »
Looks like some corrosion/leakage to me.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »
Hmm, I just looked again and just don't see any.  It was dirty for sure so I cleaned the area.  Here are more pics.
Part of me WANTS it to be a leaking battery, as THEN I could assume the board is bad and work on getting a new one from somewhere.  Speaking of which - anyone have suggestions on where to buy one if that's what I need?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »
You can remove that battery it's not needed.
You can carefully just snap it off an see if the traces underneath it are corroded. Traces are very small.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal