New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 from Hell!!  (Read 2658 times)

Offline murf2222

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • murf2222 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 from Hell!!
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:52:21 AM »
HELP - I have an S2000 that is killing me here!

*Coin-in Jam Error
*Closure M Error
*Non of my Deck buttons are lighting up
*unable to navigate past the "Key config menu" (or get into any OTHER menu)
*Green Coin Comparitor LED not lit

*Now I see that the Red LED door display is not working as well

Cannot get these to clear.  Attempts made so far with the help of a forum member here are....

*Used Key/Clear chips repeatedly
*Bought another Door I/O board (same problems even with new board)
*Put new battery on board and removed Green Varta battery altogether

The machine goes thru it's normal start-up test cycle, reels spin up and everything on display seems normal, but it always ends up with the "coin-in Jam" and "Closure M" errors......and "call attendant".

I've been told that based on all this, the Main board is likely not the culprit, but I will certainly buy another one if need be.  My initial thoughts were that my coin comparitor is bad since the green LED is not on anymore, but with the inability to enter into the Key config options AND all the deck lights being out, I just don't know if ALL these problems could possibly be because the coin comparitor is shot and/or not getting power.

If any of you guys think you can help me, I'd gladly be willing to pay for your time via a phone consult.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:09:56 AM by murf2222 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 from Hell!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
Does anything ever display on the red LED display?
Is this a three or five reel machine?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:32:54 AM »
Closure M is not an error, it is a message that is telling you that the main door was closed.  Have you looked inside the comparitor and coin path to see if there isn't a coin jammed?  You could also just put the jumper that is used on coin-less machines to see if the coin-in jam error goes away.  I'm not entirely sure if you have to set the machine to coin-less.  You say you can't navigate past the keychip main menu, can you navigate the other regular menus?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 09:49:23 AM »

QBERT I just noticed that the red display is blank too!   

It is a 3 reel machine

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 10:08:46 AM »
Closure M is not an error, it is a message that is telling you that the main door was closed.  Have you looked inside the comparitor and coin path to see if there isn't a coin jammed?  You could also just put the jumper that is used on coin-less machines to see if the coin-in jam error goes away.  I'm not entirely sure if you have to set the machine to coin-less.  You say you can't navigate past the keychip main menu, can you navigate the other regular menus?

*Yes Rick, I've taken the coin comparitor out and made sure there are no coin/chute jams

*I have not tried the jumper test yet

*Correct, I am unable to navigate around to any of the menus.  I can get "accounting" menu to show up by turning the jackpot key or pressing the white MPU button, but am unable to get the deck buttons to get past the accounting section (nor can I even access anything in the accounting menu).   Again, all my deck button are NOT illuminated so perhaps they aren't getting signal/power).

Offline JRT45

• Reputation Power: 7
  • JRT45 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »
 I had the coin in jam error 2 days ago, and it was the I/O card mounted on the MPU.
Hope it helps

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
I had the coin in jam error 2 days ago, and it was the I/O card mounted on the MPU.
Hope it helps

Thanks, yes I am reading other stories of same.  Perhaps that's my next purchase.  Before I try that I'm hoping Qbert (or anyone else) can shed some light on the Red Coin/Credit display being out, and what THAT, added to all the other symptoms might point to.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 11:50:07 AM »
On your MPU board what color lamps are lite? 

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 12:03:21 PM »
On your MPU board what color lamps are lite?

When powering machine on, top two lights are off, then next two are on (orange/amber), and green one below those is on.

After machine completes boot up cycle, no lights are on

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
That sounds right. I don't think its your MPU.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 07:38:36 AM »

QBERT I just noticed that the red display is blank too!   

It is a 3 reel machine

Rich, based on what I've heard from a couple other forum members, YOU are a real expert with these machines......I'm really looking forward to what you have to say, as YES, the Red LED Coin/Credit displays are not functioning either.

What does this clue signify to you?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 08:12:23 AM »
Just a thought, have you replaced the other I/O board as well?  Also the one you replaced, what is the part number on the new one? 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 08:53:18 AM »
OK a few things don't seem right.

1) You have a coin type machine so maybe it is a coin in issue. The green led on the coin comparitor should illuminate as soon as you turn the machine on whether the I/O card is good or not. if it does not come on the comparitor may by bad or not getting power.
Have you removed the comparitor (it pulls out) and checked for coins stuck in the path? Also check the wire connection to it?

2) Coin in jam could also be a bad optic set below the coin comparitor or something stuck in the coin pathway. (that one drove me bat shit crazy on one machine, truly a coin in problem who would think) but the green LED on the comparitor would still be lit even if the optics were bad.

3) Last item for me is the Red LED display- When it boots are the reels spinning in the correct direction? (top to bottom, right to left is correct) after boot you should at least have the coins played light up. I would still try to resolve item one first before replacing this display.

Let me know what happens
Rich   
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:27 AM »
Just a thought, have you replaced the other I/O board as well?  Also the one you replaced, what is the part number on the new one?

Yep, I've got a new door I/O in there (801)

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »
OK a few things don't seem right.

1) You have a coin type machine so maybe it is a coin in issue. The green led on the coin comparitor should illuminate as soon as you turn the machine on whether the I/O card is good or not. if it does not come on the comparitor may by bad or not getting power.
Have you removed the comparitor (it pulls out) and checked for coins stuck in the path? Also check the wire connection to it?

2) Coin in jam could also be a bad optic set below the coin comparitor or something stuck in the coin pathway. (that one drove me bat shit crazy on one machine, truly a coin in problem who would think) but the green LED on the comparitor would still be lit even if the optics were bad.

3) Last item for me is the Red LED display- When it boots are the reels spinning in the correct direction? (top to bottom, right to left is correct) after boot you should at least have the coins played light up. I would still try to resolve item one first before replacing this display.

Let me know what happens
Rich

**Absolutely no chance of it being a real "coin in" issue.  I've removed the comparitor countless times and even just took apart the coin optics to make sure nothing looked amiss there either.

**Wires all look good and I've unplugged all connections multiple times.  I have a voltmeter and can check for power to it, but not sure which wires to check that on.

**The Reels spin from Right to Left (#3 to #1), and they spin from the BOTTOM up, NOT from the top down.

I can certainly see the "Coin-in Jam" problem being the result of a bad comparitor, but why would my RED LED coin/credit display be related to this, all the deck buttons not lighting up, and not being able to get those buttons to work in navigating into the accounting menu or the other menus?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
Replace the Red LED display.
Try this unplug the Red LED display boot machine you may have to latch and unlatch the main door you should get a 7 segment display error but see if the reels now spin correctly.
ONLY UNPLUG OR CONNECT WITH THE POWER OFF!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »
Comparitor power pins are the top two with the black and red wires.  Should read 13 volts.

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 10:16:53 AM »
Comparitor power pins are the top two with the black and red wires.  Should read 13 volts.

Thx Rick......I'm assuming your referring the the middle plug in my photo

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
No actually I was talking about the plug going to the Red LED display. The machine should still function with a bad comparitor but reels turning backward are usually I/O cards or Display   

Offline murf2222

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »
No actually I was talking about the plug going to the Red LED display. The machine should still function with a bad comparitor but reels turning backward are usually I/O cards or Display

I looked for voltage at the red/black, (see attached) but nothing.  (I also looked for voltage at the comparitor earlier, but not seeing anything THEIR either.

My reels upon power-up DEFINITELY are spinning backwards (spinning up, not down)......but someone else I was conversing with said that is normal upon start-up.   NO???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal