New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Triple Double Stars 5 wheel - No power except inside service light  (Read 713 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Hello,

I bought a couple doa s2000's.  I have one working 100% now but working on the other.  It is a S2000 Triple Double Stars 5 wheel slot.  It has the 1270 enhanced board.Batteries appear recently replaced with no visible damage to board from corrosion.   

The problem I have, there is now power, no leds, only the service light.  I removed the power supply(CP-9826) from the other working s2000 and placed it in this machine with no results.  Prior to switching out the power supply I did a search for unplugged connectors or any obvious issues as well as tried to unplug all the ballasts.  The connectors for the power supply show no signs of burn or issue. The connector is completely white.

I have read that there are buss automotive style fuses on the main board though I havent been able to find them.  Are they under the sister board?

Anyone have some more suggestions? 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
They are on the mother board near the bottom not the main board. (2) ATC15, one for the cabinet, other for the door circuit.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Thanks RB!  i would have never found them!  Both test good with my meter however they have a black "mook" on the metal portion.  lol.  I will clean them up and maybe shoot some contact cleaner in the socket.

When I did jimmy around that area however a token fell out from behind the board.  I loosened the bottom screws that retain the board the fuses are located on and a few more tokens fell out.  5 total.  Yikes. 

Knowing there was tokens behind that board, Where would be the next spots to look for potential issues?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
There's a strong possibility that those tokens were causing the problem & may also have permanently damaged the MB. All you can do is test it from here. You can also try the power supply in your other machine to be sure it is good.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• NLG
There's a strong possibility that those tokens were causing the problem & may also have permanently damaged the MB. All you can do is test it from here. You can also try the power supply in your other machine to be sure it is good.
\

I may have just gotten lucky!  I put the fuses back in, tightened the screws back down on the mother board, used a video endo scope(which I should have done in the first place) to look behind the boards and other components for more hiding tokens, put the board in and it fired up.  I do get the RAM error but its at least powering up.  i will read over what that entails.  Thanks for your help and super fast replies!!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Ram error is normal after a battery change or that power has been removed. Just turn the rest key with the door open and follow the instructions in the front door display.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• NLG
Ram error is normal after a battery change or that power has been removed. Just turn the rest key with the door open and follow the instructions in the front door display.

Ok things are getting excited.  lol.  I did as you mentioned and it works.  Takes up to new 50's(WMA 12ss bv).  Going to run some nickels in it after I set up the comparitor.  . 

I know I have read somewhere about the meters"chattering".  Mine are doing that.  Didnt until I started putting dollars in.  The top 2 are the culprits and almost seem to have trouble advancing but if I tap on them they do advance.

• NLG

Ok things are getting excited.  lol.  I did as you mentioned and it works.  Takes up to new 50's(WMA 12ss bv).  Going to run some nickels in it after I set up the comparitor.  . 

I know I have read somewhere about the meters"chattering".  Mine are doing that.  Didnt until I started putting dollars in.  The top 2 are the culprits and almost seem to have trouble advancing but if I tap on them they do advance.

Found the section on the meter chatter.  Here it is for reference.  [size=78%]http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9916.0[/size]

Thanks again for your help fellas!   :cheers:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I know I have read somewhere about the meters"chattering".  Mine are doing that.  Didnt until I started putting dollar's in.  The top 2 are the culprits and almost seem to have trouble advancing but if I tap on them they do advance.

You can by-pass the meters by unplugging them, then insert a jumper wire into the plug on wires 9 & 10. This tricks the machine into thing the meter are still plugged in. Those 5 reel machines using penny or nickel demon puts a lot of miles on those meters.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

• NLG
Bingo!  That's done now too.  All that's left is clean and play the heck out of it.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
Re: S2000 Triple Double Stars 5 wheel - No power except inside service light
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 04:14:03 PM »
Sweet. If you get a chance, post a picture. Also you might want to make room for one or two more. They have a tendency of multiplying when you’re not looking. 🤣
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
Sweet. If you get a chance, post a picture. Also you might want to make room for one or two more. They have a tendency of multiplying when you’re not looking. 🤣

These do multiply.....but it happens when the wife isn't looking.  Hahaha.  Here's a pic.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 10:28:21 AM »
Nice looking game
And remember...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 10:53:45 AM »
Wow, it's a tall top! They look very nice, the only issue with them is finding kits to replace the theme.  You can easily just buy a smaller roundtop box for it though and replace yours if you ever want to change the theme around to something else.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
Removed this to start a new thread.

Thanks rickhunter.  I like the way it looks too.  Just need taller ceilings and doorways when I am moving it on the service cart while being worked on lol.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:08:35 PM by ThirdGenAmusement »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal