New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MK6 Where's The Gold  (Read 533 times)

Offline Gudazbro

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gudazbro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MK6 Where's The Gold
« on: January 30, 2021, 08:58:06 PM »
Hey team,

New member here.

Prior to us going into lockdown here in NZ I scored myself a bulk deal on some slot machines. Slowly but progressively since then i've tidied up and restored these machines but to operational order.
However this one has me stumped.

I had two identical MK6 Where's the gold machines. both with seperate faults. sent the boards away to have them ram cleared QCOM removed etc etc. Eventually got them back one machine worked mint but this one is still giving me grief.
When turned on it starts up like normal, gets to the audit menu and can not progress any further than that as the buttons do not appear to respond.

Its worth mentioning when everything is plugged in to the main backboard the buttons nor the door or top lights work. if i remove the harness in the middle of the 3 door harnesses it all lights up, but still no response from buttons.

I know the game itself functions as i swapped the game board to my other machine and played it fine. for the sake of it i also individually swapped power supplies, cage etc and no change.

I had a friend test the buttons at the harness end with a circuit tester and that appeared fine.
Is it plausible the button panel is faulty / needs replaced?

Thats probably the only part of the machine i didn't swap over to test.
Unfortunately i've now sold my other Where's the gold machine so cant do any further testing.

I also suspect the note accepter may be faulty as well, but can't tell for certain without seeing the lock up menu

Any suggested is more than welcome because i'm out of ideas..

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: MK6 Where's The Gold
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
Have you swapped the I/O boards?

Offline Gudazbro

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gudazbro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: MK6 Where's The Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 10:32:12 PM »
Excuse my lack of understanding but this is the board that the game chips are installed on right?

If so yes, i switched them between the machines and on the functioning machine it would play and no faults.
However on this machine i cant get either board to see the lock ups as no response from buttons

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal