New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Slant Top Haywire reel machine - top won't open  (Read 879 times)

Offline Atomik81

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Atomik81 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Slant Top Haywire reel machine - top won't open
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »
Noob question. Just picked up a Haywire slant top machine and I can not get the top lid to open. The last owner did not have any keys but I was able to pick the tubular lock. I can feel the latch rotating and hear a metal on metal "tapping" when I get it to the assumed open position. Wondering if there is something I am missing when trying to open the top of the machine.
Hoping someone can lend some insight into what I am doing wrong or maybe some photos of the inside of the machine showing the latch so I can better understand the mechanics of how the lock works.

Thank you in advance!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Slant Top Haywire reel machine - top won't open
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 04:00:55 PM »
sometimes you have to press down on the lid to take pressure off the locking mech, then slightly pry it fro the side.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »
I’ve tried that with the same results. Any other suggestions? Seems like it will not even attempt to budge.

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 02:11:06 PM »
Hey everyone,
I recently picked up what I believe to be a IGT S or S+ Haywire machine.
I am trying to access the inside of the machine and also open the cash box area up top.
The previous owner did not have the keys and I have no manual.
If anyone can provide a manual or guidance on how to open these it would be greatly appreciated.
The cash box lock has been drilled but the door still will not open so I am wondering if there is a latch I am missing somewhere.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
If you can get your finger in that hole and raise up the latch then the door will open

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »
Moderator's note: this post was a reply to an old post about a 61 error. It has been merged with the original thread about this machine.

Atomik81: please keep posts about your machine in one thread (this topic has now been merged down from three different threads), or create a new post for a new issue with your machine, but please do not bump old threads to say "me too". Thank you!

-knagl

I am having the same issue with a slant top model (Haywire Double Jackpot)
When I turn on the machine it displays the 61 error. I hold the self test button for 2 seconds and then turn the key. The error clears momentarily then comes right back to the 61 error before I can get the lid closed. I did manage to get the machine to display 61-1 once and it did produce a tone but I have not been able to reproduce this result again.

I originally had a 12 error and have replaced the battery. Wondering if I will need the reset chips and also what specific chips I need. I was able to locate a set of S+ RAM and BV clear set chips and an SP731 EEPROM and I would like to know if these will do the job?

The label on my game prom shows (IGT SPLUS GAME SP737)

Also wondering if anyone has a link to the maintenance manual for the slant top machine, I didn't see one on the downloads page.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 03:08:14 PM by knagl »

Online sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 01:43:43 PM »
Hold test button until it dings and you get 61-1 then close the door THEN turn j/p key.

Those chips should do the job.  You will have to re-enable the BV with set chip and set denom.

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 02:01:27 PM »
After completely drilling out the lock I was able to get it open. Thank you for the advise!

Now I am wondering what Lock I need to buy to replace the drilled out on. I am assuming I could likely get one at the hardware store.

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »
After fully drilling out the lock I was able to get it open. The metal needed a little bit of lubricant so it could slide easier.
Now I just need to know what lock to buy to replace the drilled out one. There was not enough of to old lock left after drilling to compare size.

Offline Atomik81

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
Yeah that is what I tried the first time when I was able to get the 61-1 but after closing the door and turning my key I powered off the unit and powered it back on and it is now stuck at 61 and will not go to 61-1 regardless of how long I hold the test button. The 61 goes away briefly then comes right back.
Can you give any guidance on how to set the denom?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »
Can you give any guidance on how to set the denom?

The FAQ thread at the top of the S+ section has documentation on how to use a SET chip to be enable the bill validator and set the denomination on your machine. Please note that these steps are among the last things you would do when configuring a machine, and would be done after getting past a 61 error.

Based on what you've posted, it sounds like you may be at the point where you might need a RAM clear. If you do not already have them, I would suggest obtaining a pair of RAM clear and bill validator SET chips (~$10-20) to have for your machine.

Quote from: Atomik81 link=topic=31230
I was able to locate a set of S+ RAM and BV clear set chips and an SP731 EEPROM and I would like to know if these will do the job?

The label on my game prom shows (IGT SPLUS GAME SP737)

SP731 will not work for your Haywire game. SP737 will work -- there is no need for you to replace your SP chip. The SET and RAM clear chips you found should be fine -- your game doesn't require anything too specific.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 03:43:22 PM by knagl »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal